• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Sara Palin dick riding the tea party movement?(see OP for explanation)

Is Sara Palin dick riding the tea party movement?(see OP for explanation)

• Total voters

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Is Sara Palin dick riding the tea party movement?

This is the basic definition of dick riding.
Urban Dictionary: Dick riding
Becoming infatuated with, endorsing, or kissing up to someone or something which is very popular at the moment in hopes of gaining recognition, a sense of fulfillment, or publicity.

I say yes. She is sucking up to them hoping that with the publicity the media will prop her up for the next presidential election and hoping that the tea partiers will elect her in the primaries to fail against Obama.

Last edited:
I accidentally posted this in the breaking news section instead of the poll forum section, can a mod move it for me?

Moderator's Warning:
Moved to US Partisan Politics.

Of course she is. So are a bazillion other "conservative" politicians who don't want to be left out in the cold.

Either the movement will fizzle once Republicans have power, or it'll keep picking up steam. If it fizzles, then it's no-harm-no-foul for those who jumped on the bandwagon, but if it continues to grow and they didn't hop on board... Well. :lol:

'Kissing up' implies that she doesn't really agree she's just pretending to gain publicity. I don't think that at all.

Is she using a movement she agrees with to help herself politically? Of course. Who doesn't?

I's rather Amazing that Any Progressive/Liberal/Leftis is concerned about this because even if everything goes her way this November 2nd AND She gets catapaulted towards the 2012 GOP nomination - well , Slam Dunk - Barry of Oahu gets his 2nd term.

Sure not by 365 Electoral Votes and probably with less of a popular Vote break - but he Wins.

If he doesn't And SHE should win - the GOP is ready for the enbalming fluid.

I's rather Amazing that Any Progressive/Liberal/Leftis is concerned about this because even if everything goes her way this November 2nd AND She gets catapaulted towards the 2012 GOP nomination - well , Slam Dunk - Barry of Oahu gets his 2nd term.

Sure not by 365 Electoral Votes and probably with less of a popular Vote break - but he Wins.

If he doesn't And SHE should win - the GOP is ready for the enbalming fluid.

I'd hardly call jamesrage any where near the left of the political spectrum.

I'd hardly call jamesrage any where near the left of the political spectrum.

It wasn't meant for him - just a general observation. This Lady annoy's Liberals BUT they KNOW She can rise only so far under normal circumstances and has been Lethally stigmatized. This particular point to some Conservatives is like trying to tell someone that "their Kid is Ugly"

Is Sara Palin dick riding the tea party movement?

This is the basic definition of dick riding.
Urban Dictionary: Dick riding
Becoming infatuated with, endorsing, or kissing up to someone or something which is very popular at the moment in hopes of gaining recognition, a sense of fulfillment, or publicity.

I say yes. She is sucking up to them hoping that with the publicity the media will prop her up for the next presidential election and hoping that the tea partiers will elect her in the primaries to fail against Obama.

Dick riding can be dangerous. Look what's going to happen to the Democrats for dick riding Obama over the last two years.

Palin's riding and laffing all the way to the bank. How else is an untalented, daft wench from Wasilla gonna run with the rich big dogs of the GOP? She still needs to be on the porch, she's whining all the time.

Regards from Rosie

Well, so much for MY understand of dick-riding!

TED,
Always equated it with "giving someone a hard time all the time."

Palin's riding and laffing all the way to the bank. How else is an untalented, daft wench from Wasilla gonna run with the rich big dogs of the GOP? She still needs to be on the porch, she's whining all the time.

Regards from Rosie

you realize your vitriol is one of her greatest weapons?

I thought this thread was going in an entirely different direction...

Could a mod pleas change the thread title and substitute 'Whovian' for 'the tea party movement'? Thanks. :ninja:

Igaining recognition, a sense of fulfillment, or publicity.[/B]

Name us a politician that doesn't suck to someone/something....she's no worse then any other....and she pales before President Urkle...

Name us a politician that doesn't suck to someone/something....she's no worse then any other....and she pales before President Urkle...

Is the another politician dick riding some other new movement right now in order to sucker voters into voting for the same thing?

Is the another politician dick riding some other new movement right now in order to sucker voters into voting for the same thing?

How can she be 'dick riding' a movement made up by the same constituency that makes up the Republican party? It would be like saying she's dick riding the American Christian right. Like many other Republicans who didn't mind all the spending while Bush was in office, she's simply following suit. The Tea Party is just a refurbished version of the Republican Party. They're the same people who didn't mind the trillions of dollars in debt we were in when Bush was around but somehow became suspicious of it when Obama became president. I mean honestly, she can't be dick riding something she was a part of from the start.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to "brown nosing"?

No, that would be Obama, since we're being so crude here. Get it? Palin is a woman, so she's a dick rider. Obama has a real brown nose, so he's a brown noser. And Barney Frank? I guess he could fit about any orafice category you want to conjure up.

How can she be 'dick riding' a movement made up by the same constituency that makes up the Republican party? It would be like saying she's dick riding the American Christian right. Like many other Republicans who didn't mind all the spending while Bush was in office, she's simply following suit. The Tea Party is just a refurbished version of the Republican Party. They're the same people who didn't mind the trillions of dollars in debt we were in when Bush was around but somehow became suspicious of it when Obama became president. I mean honestly, she can't be dick riding something she was a part of from the start.

You have a really good point.

Back
Top Bottom