• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Religion a conspiracy theory?

Spakian

Pragmatism is the best "ism"
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I know this will be a bit controversial, but is it a conspiracy?

The definition of a conspiracy theory is shown as:

noun
noun: conspiracy theory; plural noun: conspiracy theories
  1. a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.

It could be that a group of people who wanted to seem pious created religion to rise to the top and control others. This could be plausible seeing the many cracks in religious media. Here is a breakdown of some of the cracks in major religions:

Buddhism:
- Reincarnation is something which is never proven, and probably never is
- Karma. Does karma exist? Did people invent karma to get people to do good?

Hinduism:
- There are millions of Gods here, and people could've invented it so others would waste their money worshipping many Gods
- Books like the Mahabharata created holidays like Diwali. I don't see a reason why people would make it, but there could be.

Islam:
- A prophet being gifted by God himself. Seems pretty fishy here
- People could've wanted to turn Mecca into a big place, so they added it as one of the 5 pillars

Christianity:
- The Old Testament has many flaws, such as the creation of life and Earth itself
- Did a talking snake convince a human? Why was a fruit the creation of evil?

Now I know that people could call Science a conspiracy, like the origin of the Big Bang, or life on other planets. I would like to know your thoughts on this, and whether Religion or Science is a ploy by some people many years ago.

Yes, sort of ....

I know this will be a bit controversial, but is it a conspiracy?

The definition of a conspiracy theory is shown as:

noun: conspiracy theory; plural noun: conspiracy theories
  1. a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.

So by your definition, which religion is covertly responsible for an historical event ?

Please distinguish between a RELIGION and members of a religion

ie: the infamous 5th November gunpowder plot was not a Catholic plot/conspiracy but a conspiracy whose members happened to be Catholics.

So by your definition, which religion is covertly responsible for an historical event ?

Please distinguish between a RELIGION and members of a religion

ie: the infamous 5th November gunpowder plot was not a Catholic plot/conspiracy but a conspiracy whose members happened to be Catholics.
I shouldn't use the exact definition, and I take that as my fault. I am basing my original statement on a nuanced version of the definition.

Religion keeps the poor from murdering the rich.

Religion keeps the poor from murdering the rich.

I guess so

It has been used, certainly in the West, to pacify the poor by persuading them the inequalities on Earth are merely a fleeting and incredibly minor part of their existence, that will see the earnest/devout poor be elevated above kings in a promised afterlife...

Back
Top Bottom