• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Putin trying to reignite the cold war.

Old Sarge

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Putin seems to be trying to reignite the cold war with his rants about nuclear war, and the west using Russia as a scape goat for our expansion into the old Soviet states.

Putin seems to be trying to reignite the cold war with his rants about nuclear war, and the west using Russia as a scape goat for our expansion into the old Soviet states.

Now would be the perfect time to do it.

If only Nato wasn't "obsolete".

"Trying to reignite"... where have you been?

The Cold War is very much renewed and has been for long enough. This predates Trump's time in office and we have a number of events that should draw concern. Like Ukraine and Crimea, Putin's interests in helping al-Assad in Syria, Russia's persistent intentions in Oil, Russia's dealings with China, UN Security Council uselessness, etc.

what do you think "old Soviet states." want USA or putler´s bamboostan ? what would be your choice ?

There will not be a direct war with Russia any time soon.

By proxy......oh yeah!

It's going on right now.

Historically, Russia has been invaded many times. The Iron Curtain was a result of Russian paranoia, which led to surrounding itself with surrogates which would take the place of Russia if another invasion happened.

Additionally, it takes two to tango, and we have done our part in the dance too, by putting missiles in nations that used to be part of the Soviet bloc. We went crazy when Kruschev attempted to put missiles in Cuba. Why wouldn't Russia be just as concerned of missiles less than 100 miles from Russian territory? Yup, the cold war is back, and so is the old policy of Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD).

This is no where near the cold war that I grew up in and Reagan won. Granted Putin wants to make Russia a major player like it was before. But the truth is his bark is worse than his bite. Oh he has enough nukes to do the job but then so do we. Plus I believe our weapons are in far better shape than Russia's. This is just my opinion without doing extensive research on the subject.

Historically, Russia has been invaded many times. The Iron Curtain was a result of Russian paranoia, which led to surrounding itself with surrogates which would take the place of Russia if another invasion happened.

Additionally, it takes two to tango, and we have done our part in the dance too, by putting missiles in nations that used to be part of the Soviet bloc. We went crazy when Kruschev attempted to put missiles in Cuba. Why wouldn't Russia be just as concerned of missiles less than 100 miles from Russian territory? Yup, the cold war is back, and so is the old policy of Mutual Assured Destruction (MAD).

The “Iron Curtain” as of 1945 came to be because as Soviet forces pushed the Germans back to Germany and over lands like Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary etc. Stalin and Hitler agreed to divide Poland in the late 1930’s. Russia pushed over the German half of Poland as well. Germany was quartered and when the time came to return sovereignty to Germany there were only three parts available.

I learned that the “Iron Curtain” was more to keep territorial gains than a defense against future invasion......

How does this not disobey the Breaking News MSM forum rules?

You didn't even include a link guy.

When circumstances call for a superhero to be on the scene, then it's me, Link Guy, to the rescue.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/chris...media-of-trying-to-reignite-cold-war-n2203412

Russian Swimmer Accuses Media Of Trying To Reignite Cold War

Sorry, I know this link is no good for several reasons, but it's all I could find. Your fault for choosing me, Link Guy, who has had the most BN violations in DP history, as your superhero. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
You didn't even include a link guy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia...tin-holds-annual-end-of-year-news-conference/

"

Moscow -- In his annual end-of-year news conference, Russian President Vladimir Putin warned about the growing threat of nuclear war.

"The danger of the situation escalating is being downplayed," Putin told a crowd of hundreds of journalists in Moscow Thursday. "If something like this would happen, it might lead to the collapse of the entire civilization."
Earlier this year, U.S. President Donald Trump stated his intention to withdraw the United States from the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces treaty (INF), a Cold War-era nuclear arms treaty that has kept nuclear weapons out of Europe for 30 years."

Sorry I forgot to include the above. Old age brain fart.

Putin is trying to reestablish territories under Russian control that they had in the old Soviet Union. Putin has a crap economy and a going nowhere country. But you have to hand it to him for playing a poor hand to perfection. Meanwhile Dizzy Donald is still fumbling for the zipper on the front of Putin's fly.

Now would be the perfect time to do it.

Yep. The US government is getting weaker by the month and Putin clearly intimidates the US president. He ordered a banned chemical attack on UK soil in an attempt to assassinate a defector that resulted in civilian casualties and got a slap on the wrist. He helped orchestrate the UK's defection from the European Union and helped orchestrate the election of a divisive and manipulable president in the US. He's seizing territory and enforcing new borders without military challenge. He's developing ICBMs with little more than finger pointing as a consequence. Putin is stronger than he's ever been, and I dare say the west is weakening with no bottom in sight.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia...tin-holds-annual-end-of-year-news-conference/

"

Moscow -- In his annual end-of-year news conference, Russian President Vladimir Putin warned about the growing threat of nuclear war.

"The danger of the situation escalating is being downplayed," Putin told a crowd of hundreds of journalists in Moscow Thursday. "If something like this would happen, it might lead to the collapse of the entire civilization."
Earlier this year, U.S. President Donald Trump stated his intention to withdraw the United States from the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces treaty (INF), a Cold War-era nuclear arms treaty that has kept nuclear weapons out of Europe for 30 years."

Sorry I forgot to include the above. Old age brain fart.

I'll forgive you.. for now ya geezer! :2razz: :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom