• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is pre-marital sex morally wrong?

Pre-marital sex...Limp Bizkit or Georgia Satellites?

• I did it all for the nookie

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No huggy no kissy until I get a weddin' vow

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
If so, is your opinion based upon religion or something else?

Last edited:
Sex between consenting adults is never morally wrong in my opinion....and in fact is quite a bit of fun. As long as the parties involved (All the Parties) are aware of the situation, and understand what the sex is for...ie: Recreational vs. Love building vs. experimentation....etc...there is nothing to feel badly about.
I am religious in my own way.....and it Does effect my understanding of sex....as we use it in ritual on occasion, to increase a state of mind that helps with certain aspects of our practice. That said, I have great respect for those who feel abstinence serves a similar purpose in thier faith, and brings them closer to God. I couldnt do it.

Is there supposed to be a poll?

And no, of course not. How else are you supposed to know if you want to marry the guy????

I'm just kidding....just kidding....

No there is nothing morally wrong with premarital sex.
Provided its not with children, animals or dead people.

[Moderator mode]

I gotta stop adding polls when I need sleep...:doh

[/Moderator mode]

cnredd said:
[Moderator mode]

I gotta stop adding polls when I need sleep...:doh

[/Moderator mode]

cnredd, I love your answers! LOL You can add a poll to my question no matter how sleepy you are!

Bandaid--I love your definitive answer.

No it isn't morally wrong and that term is stupid. Pre marital sex implies that everyone is gonna be married eventually. What if I'm not getting married? Am I supposed to therefore just abandon my human instincts because of that or will I be in danger of "pre marital sex" for all eternity?

aps said:
cnredd, I love your answers! LOL You can add a poll to my question no matter how sleepy you are!
Thank you...:2wave:

It's nice to see "being warped" is appreciated...:cool:

FinnMacCool said:
No it isn't morally wrong and that term is stupid. Pre marital sex implies that everyone is gonna be married eventually. What if I'm not getting married? Am I supposed to therefore just abandon my human instincts because of that or will I be in danger of "pre marital sex" for all eternity?

Finn, that has never occurred to me. You're right. What an old-fashioned term.

So tell us--are you never going to get married? ;)

Finn, that has never occurred to me. You're right. What an old-fashioned term.

So tell us--are you never going to get married

Not right away. I want to be able to do the things I want to do first. Once I get bored of travel I might settle down but I'm not sure if I ever will. There is something very appealing to me about being a drifting writer. You can see many different things and your perceptions might change on certain issues. I like the idea of it.

Wow, I think its unanimous. The Georgia Satellites suck. :2wave:

Of course, can't say I'm too fond of those Limping Biscuits, either.

There is something very interesting about this in terms of religion and human nature. The reason why those who are Catholic never follow the idea of "pre marital sex" or the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" is because people pretty much ignore it anyways. Thats why when christian conservatives start scream their heads off about the immorality in the world and then justify things they do even though they are against their religion its completely ridiculous. Thats one of the main reasons why I never followed through with Catholicism even though I was confirmed supposedly. Its all bullshit. If God exists, He wouldn't try and stop human nature. I know its redundant but it all goes back to the idea Gods didn't create humans. Humans created God.

FinnMacCool said:
There is something very interesting about this in terms of religion and human nature. The reason why those who are Catholic never follow the idea of "pre marital sex" or the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" is because people pretty much ignore it anyways. Thats why when christian conservatives start scream their heads off about the immorality in the world and then justify things they do even though they are against their religion its completely ridiculous. Thats one of the main reasons why I never followed through with Catholicism even though I was confirmed supposedly. Its all bullshit. If God exists, He wouldn't try and stop human nature. I know its redundant but it all goes back to the idea Gods didn't create humans. Humans created God.

Amen, brother! lol

Would you buy a car without test-driving it? Of course not. Religion is just a ploy to control people. Morality is a hypothetical construct anyway.

The first some what conservative to respond huh.

It's only morally wrong becase of the consequences of pre-marital sex. The biggest of all is children. But I guess if you get an abortion and/or become impontent and/or gay and/or get the surgrey. Than there is no problem.

Bustabush said:

It's only morally wrong becase of the consequences of pre-marital sex. The biggest of all is children. But I guess if you get an abortion and/or become impontent and/or gay and/or get the surgrey. Than there is no problem.

You forgot adoption. What does a piece of paper have to do with morality(marriage license)?

How is sex immoral if you and whoever your engaging in have both agreed to do it?

I believe it is morally wrong. But I do it anyway. I curse out a lot of drivers every day as well. Along with many other things that are morally wrong. It doesn't make me a bad person, but it is morally wrong. So what?

So in itself, no, there's nothing wrong with it, but it can be in certain situations.

That's all I'm saying.

You forgot adoption. What does a piece of paper have to do with morality(marriage license)?

No I didn't. Adoption has nothing to do with sex.

What does a piece of paper have to do with morality(marriage license)?

Nothing. It is what marriage means that has everything to do with morality. Not the paper.

I believe it is morally wrong. But I do it anyway. I curse out a lot of drivers every day as well. Along with many other things that are morally wrong. It doesn't make me a bad person, but it is morally wrong. So what?

What? If what is morally wrong is not bad, than tell me... What is good? What do you think a good person is? If he is not the sum of his good deeds than what is he? Surely not the sum of the bad. Tell me, what is the morale quallity of a man who only robs some of the time?

Bustabush said:
Tell me, what is the morale quallity of a man who only robs some of the time?

When a man robs, there is a victim. There is no victim with consensual pre-marital sex.

Dude

When a man robs, there is a victim. There is no victim with consensual pre-marital sex.
Today 04:59 PM

You miss the point. Hiker stated that he belives pre-marital sex is wrong. However, he said that it somehow doesn't matter becase it doesn't make him a bad person. I contend that if you do something that you yourself belive is bad, you are indeed a bad person. Just a diff debate however. Back to the moment at hand.

Do you have a rebuttle to my other post?

Bustabush said:
Dude

You miss the point. Hiker stated that he belives pre-marital sex is wrong. However, he said that it somehow doesn't matter becase it doesn't make him a bad person. I contend that if you do something that you yourself belive is bad, you are indeed a bad person. Just a diff debate however. Back to the moment at hand.

Sure, dude, what does pregnancy have to do with morality?

Bustabush said:
Dude

There are different levels of morality. Some people believe it is okay to have an abortion. I don't, but that is just one of the areas where I draw a line. To me, abortion is the same thing as murder. To some people, pre-marital sex is equated as the same type of unforgivable sin. Either way, it is all immoral. And yet, I do it anyway. Nobody in this world has ever led a life completely devoid of any instances where they did the wrong or immoral thing. No one is without sin. However, unless you believe you will burn for eternity over spitting on the sidewalk, I believe you have forgiven yourself and are able to live with your transgressions. I know premarital sex is wrong, I do it anyway, and it doesn't bother me or make me a bad person. I am sure there are things you do that you know are wrong and you do them anyway.

The key here, of course, is that you don't harm anyone or cause yourself any lasting damage. Hopefully that is a line everyone will draw. Or at least, I wish everyone would.:(

Sure, dude, what does pregnancy have to do with morality?

Unless one kills the fetues or puts the child up for adoption one is legally and morally bound to take care of the child. It is morally wrong to have a child with out planing for it. Simple as that.

P.S.

That is assuming that one doesn't have a poblem with abortion.

Bustabush said:
Unless one kills the fetues or puts the child up for adoption one is legally and morally bound to take care of the child. It is morally wrong to have a child with out planing for it. Simple as that.

P.S.

That is assuming that one doesn't have a poblem with abortion.

So married people who don't "plan" for kids are immoral? Does not planning a child mean that you can't take care of that child?

independent_thinker2002 said:
So married people who don't "plan" for kids are immoral? Does not planning a child mean that you can't take care of that child?

Hey, independent thinker, let me lump my question in here with yours:

And is premarital sex using birth control then moral??

Back
Top Bottom