• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is pre-marital sex morally wrong?

Pre-marital sex...Limp Bizkit or Georgia Satellites?

• I did it all for the nookie

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No huggy no kissy until I get a weddin' vow

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
What people consider "bad deeds" will vary. You consider having sex out of marriage to be "bad." Personally, I do not. I'm not saying that my position is better than yours. You may think that the fact that I had sex outside of marriage goes towards me being a bad person or having committed bad deeds. That's okay. I don't mind being judged when I feel perfectly comfortable with the decision I have made. Sure there are men with whom I regret having sex, but that made me a better person as opposed to made me worse.

Aps,

I think you misunderstand my postion. The act in itself is not immoral if one is responsablie. The outcome of the act is just too much of a risk for me to consdier it moral. There are women I'm glad I never had sex with. I think this makes me a better person as opposed to a worse. If you think this somehow makes me inhuman than fine. If "being human" means I circumvent my own moral code I'd rather not be considered as such.

aps said:
Hiker, I appreciate your honesty about how you feel it's morally wrong but you still do it. I thing "being human" makes people interesting to me.
We all do it. Next time you find yourself going faster than the posted speed limit; and doing so willingly and with full knowledge that you are in fact breaking a law, I assume you will find that a forgivable wrong. But just because you see nothing wrong with going that extra 5-10 mph on the interstate, that does not make what you are doing either right or okay for you to do because you know you can handle it. You may speed and think to yourself that it's okay because I'm not driving hazardously and I am no real threat to my own life or anyone else's if I go a little faster than the speed limit. That is a rationalization, one that you make and don't even think about it. Now, what I did in this thread was to refuse to rationalize something I know is wrong so that I can do it and not feel guilty. I simply say: yes, I know what I do is wrong, and I am doing it anyway.

That is where I got the comparison to abortion. Having been a very pro-choice person in the past, I came to realize over many years that what I was doing was rationalizing killing children as being okay for people to do because of all these words like embryo and fetus and so on. Words that people use to make abortion acceptable, as calling the aborted baby what it is, an aborted baby, would never be considered acceptable. Before anyone starts, yes, I know all the arguments; I've even used them myself in the past. That was while I too was rationalizing. Just as a moth in a cocoon will become a butterfly, the child in the womb will be born a baby, I don't care what you want to call it to make you feel better about supporting the right to kill it.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I just feel passionate about the issue.
aps said:
So am I understanding correctly that you don't believe in God?
You are correct. I am a reluctant athiest. I wish I could just close my eyes and wake up believing in an afterlife where I can live forever with the ones I love. As well as believing that there will be eternal justice for those whom have committed crimes, or done a great wrong to others and gotten away with it. But alas, we all grow old and die and are no more. I never want to die, it terrifies me because I know there are no second chances. Believers can live free of such fears because they know there is an afterlife. I envy them, but I can't make myself believe in anything I know is just another work of fiction.

Bustabush said:
Aps,

I think you misunderstand my postion. The act in itself is not immoral if one is responsablie. The outcome of the act is just too much of a risk for me to consdier it moral. There are women I'm glad I never had sex with. I think this makes me a better person as opposed to a worse. If you think this somehow makes me inhuman than fine. If "being human" means I circumvent my own moral code I'd rather not be considered as such.

Ahhh, okay, Busta, I understand what you're saying. When I say "human," I mean making mistakes in multiple situations. Speeding (as hiker points out), underage drinking, skipping class, swearing in public, etc. When you're happy because you didn't make the wrong decision (i.e, you made the right deicsion), that is a wonderful feeling.

Hiker,

I simply say: yes, I know what I do is wrong, and I am doing it anyway.

So you acteept something as worng and yet do it. I find this quite bizzare to say the least. I don't see the diff between this and rationalzation they both seem to accomplish the same goal.

Aps,

I see what you mean now and agree.

Bustabush said:
Aps,

I see what you mean now and agree.

It's about time you agreed with me! ;)

The answer varies from culture to culture. In the Middle East, in Islam, it is against the law to have premarital sex. And how dumb is that?

Young men, and unmarried men are so obsessed with sex in that culture that they masturbate more times a day than they pray. And they are supposed to pray to Allah 5 times a day!.:roll:

Attachments

• thoughtful.gif
    thoughtful.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 16
cnredd said:
I'm gonna do some research with as many women as I can before I come to definite conclusion...;)
Hilarious! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• laughblue.gif
    laughblue.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 15
Whot's the matter?! None of you guys want to debate with me now?! I guess maybe the word "masturbate" made you all choke. LOL! :rofl

Oh I found the perfect smiley for this post!

Attachments

• sperm.gif
    sperm.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 16
saffron said:
The answer varies from culture to culture. In the Middle East, in Islam, it is against the law to have premarital sex. And how dumb is that?

Young men, and unmarried men are so obsessed with sex in that culture that they masturbate more times a day than they pray. And they are supposed to pray to Allah 5 times a day!.:roll:

So how do you know this? That sounds a little exhausting.

aps said:
So how do you know this?
I have a Muslim Egyptian male friend who is a web designer and lives in Saudi. He told me this.
That sounds a little exhausting.
To me it sounds very introverting. Do you know how one feels after having really good sex, really extroverted? Well imagine how one feels after having sex with oneself 6 times?!, I'd imagine one would be introverted.
:(

Attachments

• devil-smiley-034.gif
    devil-smiley-034.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 28
saffron said:
I have a Muslim Egyptian male friend who is a web designer and lives in Saudi. He told me this.

To me it sounds very introverting. Do you know how one feels after having really good sex, really extroverted? Well imagine how one feels after having sex with oneself 6 times?!, I'd imagine one would be introverted.
:(

Interesting. So you feel introverted when you masturbate?

aps said:
I was making a comparison. But I've never done it 6 times in a day?:roll:

Is it morally wrong to sleep with another's spouse - even concented? Absolutely!

I say it depends on the culture. Or as long as there is an understand between the two spouses. Some people have taken to the idea that marriage isn't about love but rather for someone to be the mother of the children while instead you have lovers to fufill the other purpose.

I couldn't care either way. I'd just be willing to respect their beliefs.

aps said:

hahahahahaha.....yeah somehow that's not the word that pops into my head either.

I consider myself a moral person.

I believe that the idea of abstinence is a farce and very archaic belief. If you try to suppress human nature then you will be that much more inclined to have sex in the first place.

But speaking bluntly, you don't want to marry a cold fish. If you and your partner aren't compatible in that respect, then the marriage could go down in flames. It's a biological need when you get to a certain age, but I believe in being in a committed relationship when engaging in the act.

I have never had a one night stand and I am proud of that. I have been tempted on many occasions, but ultimately the consequences of knowing I can contract an STD or impregnate some stranger or person I really don't care about has deterred me thus far.

Aps said,

It's about time you agreed with me!

I just met you I think we agreed pretty fast! ;)

It's a biological need when you get to a certain age, but I believe in being in a committed relationship when engaging in the act.

I'm not so sure about it being a "biological need", but I agree with you for the most part. Although I want to ask: Why do you think it's archaic ? I simply thinbk that sex should be for those in committed relationships and marrige is the fullest expression of that commitment.

I think this depends on your faith and beliefs, and how you were raised.

Though we attended church occasionally when I was younger, my family was never very religious, so faith wasn't much of a factor in my own personal decision.

My mom had the standard birds and bees talk with me, but never said that it was wrong to have pre marital sex. Of course, she didn't really want me to, but she knew I was going to make my own choices.

I did have pre marital sex, but I didn't think there was anything wrong with it, as I was engaged to the guy....we pretty much figured, hey, we're going to get married eventually anyway, so why wait? His family was pretty religious, and I attended church with them quite often, but again, it still didn't play into our decision.

I don't regret the choice I made. It's a completely personal choice, and certainly one you should think long and hard about beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom