• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is part of the GOP becoming the American Neo-Communist Party

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Rand Paul just said that Ukraine was part of Russia, mimicking Russia's communist dictator. Yes, Putin was/is a communist and wants to return Russia to the greatness it had under the USSR. So by backing Russia and Putin, these GOPers are making themselves into the American Neo-Communist party.

Rand Paul just said that Ukraine was part of Russia, mimicking Russia's communist dictator. Yes, Putin was/is a communist and wants to return Russia to the greatness it had under the USSR. So by backing Russia and Putin, these GOPers are making themselves into the American Neo-Communist party.
As the Republican party embraces more and more Russian propaganda it only stands to reason that a pro Russia stance will bubble to the surface among those people.

Senator Paul said countries Putin has attacked "were once" part of Russia. He also stated “There is no justification for the invasion, I’m not saying that. But there are reasons for the invasion.”

Come to think of it, one of the few idiotic/ugly things they aren't advocating for is for government to seize the means of production until so much awesomeness shines across the land that ownership reverts to the workers.

Which is surprising, because they have no problem saying that ANTIFA dressed up like Trumpists so they could frame them for insurrection, but also that it was Trumpists who were justifiably protesting against losing an election.

Someone out there...a political science major just had a massive unexplained headache. Hell I got my political science degree from WikipediaU and even I have a bit of a migraine after reading this.

Rand Paul just said that Ukraine was part of Russia, mimicking Russia's communist dictator. . .
Rand Paul was factually correct saying that Ukraine was part of Russia. . . Ukraine WAS under Russian control during the 19th century, and under Soviet control in the 20th.

Blinken: "If you look at the countries that Russia has attacked over the last years...these were countries that were not part of NATO. It has not attacked NATO countries."

Sen. Paul: "You could also argue the countries they've attacked were part of Russia...part of the Soviet Union,"

Blinken: "That does not give Russia the right to attack them."

Sen. Paul was explaining why it would be a bad idea to bring Ukraine into NATO. Zelensky himself has acknowledged that Ukraine should not enter NATO:

"For years, we have heard about the supposedly open door, but we have also heard that we should not enter [NATO] and this is true and we must admit it," said Zelensky.

To suggest that Sen. Paul is "neo-communist" is patently absurd.

Last edited:

He isn't wrong.

It was part of Russia Pre-WWI and Pre-WWII, and also remained part of the Soviet Union up until the dissolution of that nation into the various splinter nations and Russia.

This is not an issue of support for Putin's attempt to retake it. It is simply historical fact.

He isn't wrong.

It was part of Russia Pre-WWI and Pre-WWII, and also remained part of the Soviet Union up until the dissolution of that nation into the various splinter nations and Russia.

This is not an issue of support for Putin's attempt to retake it. It is simply historical fact.
The Mexicans want a word……….

Rand Paul was factually correct saying that Ukraine was part of Russia. . . Ukraine WAS under Russian control during the 19th century, and under Soviet control in the 20th.

Yes, he was correct in saying Ukraine used to be part of the Soviet Union.

So what? What does that have to do with Putin's war?

Sen. Paul was explaining why it would be a bad idea to bring Ukraine into NATO. Zelensky himself has acknowledged that Ukraine should not enter NATO:

"For years, we have heard about the supposedly open door, but we have also heard that we should not enter [NATO] and this is true and we must admit it," said Zelensky.

To suggest that Sen. Paul is "neo-communist" is patently absurd.

Zelensky has said various things. They mostly seem to boil down to an openness to a concession to stay neutral if it would end the war, and a preference to join NATO as soon as possible.

It's in their constitution to try to join NATO. They have every reason to do so and Putin has made it far stronger. Paul offered nothing useful.

Russia isn't communist. They and the GOP are authoritarian capitalists. Not all communists are authoritarian. The GOP is not in no way communist on economic policies.

Someone out there...a political science major just had a massive unexplained headache. Hell I got my political science degree from WikipediaU and even I have a bit of a migraine after reading this.
I am a minor in political philosophy. I want to slap Rand Paul for being so ******************************** stupid.

Back
Top Bottom