• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is O'Reilly Out?

Parrish

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Is he takin' a permanent vacation?

Hello no - he's the breadwinner for FOX News - and plus nobody's actually proven anything in a court of law.

It's very easy to accuse a political opponent of bad things - that's how everybody was so sure Saddam had nukes.

O'Reilly is hated by the Left the way Dubya hated Saddam - so no amount of refutation by him would be taken as anything but a confirmation of guilt.

Hello no - he's the breadwinner for FOX News - and plus nobody's actually proven anything in a court of law.

It's very easy to accuse a political opponent of bad things - that's how everybody was so sure Saddam had nukes.

O'Reilly is hated by the Left the way Dubya hated Saddam - so no amount of refutation by him would be taken as anything but a confirmation of guilt.

Time to bring in new blood. Fox News has a stable of young talent.

He's not a the breadwinner if the advertisers are pulling out, which is what's happening. It doesn't matter what your ratings are when that happens $$ > all.

Time to bring in new blood. Fox News has a stable of young talent.

There's of room for everybody - O'Reilly's not going anywhere

He's not a the breadwinner if the advertisers are pulling out, which is what's happening. It doesn't matter what your ratings are when that happens $$ > all.

Nah, O'Reilly's ratings have actually gone up by 20% because of this controversy.

CNN's Don Lemon can't say the same - even after he complimented colleague Kathy Griffin on air about her "nice rack" after getting a little tipsy. I still remember the awkward expression on her face.

Nah, O'Reilly's ratings have actually gone up by 20% because of this controversy.

I don't think you understood what I wrote because your response doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter what his ratings are if the advertisers pull out of his time slot.

I watched O'Reilly tonight and all seemed completely normal. And there were plenty of advertisements; apparently as many as there ever were. Just because somebody doesn't want their ads shown on a specific show doesn't mean they aren't buying time somewhere else on the same channel. Advertisers advertise where the people are and Fox gets more viewers in more time slots than any other cable program anywhere.

Fox News Channel was the most-watched basic cable network for the 14th straight week after averaging 1.7 million viewers from April 3-9 despite sexual harassment claims surrounding primetime star Bill O’Reilly.

Fox News averaged 2.8 million primetime viewers, holding off No. 2 MSNBC, which averaged 1.7 million primetime viewers. Fox News has now been the highest-rated primetime cable station for 11 out of the past 12 weeks.

USA, HGTV and TBS join Fox News and MSNBC among the top five most-watched networks between 8-11 p.m. CNN finished seventh, averaging 1.2 million primetime viewers. MSNBC has now topped CNN during primetime for 11 straight weeks and seven straight weeks among total viewers. . .

. . .The only non-Fox News program in basic cable to beat O’Reilly among total viewers last week was USA’s WWE program “Monday Night Raw.” The April 6 special live editions of “Hannity” and “Shepard Smith Reporting” were the top two most-watched cable programs for the week during coverage of the U.S. strikes against Syria. . . .​
Cable Ratings: Fox News Wins 14th Straight Week Despite O?Reilly Fallout - SFGate

I watched O'Reilly tonight and all seemed completely normal. And there were plenty of advertisements; apparently as many as there ever were. Just because somebody doesn't want their ads shown on a specific show doesn't mean they aren't buying time somewhere else on the same channel. Advertisers advertise where the people are and Fox gets more viewers in more time slots than any other cable program anywhere.

Fox News Channel was the most-watched basic cable network for the 14th straight week after averaging 1.7 million viewers from April 3-9 despite sexual harassment claims surrounding primetime star Bill O’Reilly.

Fox News averaged 2.8 million primetime viewers, holding off No. 2 MSNBC, which averaged 1.7 million primetime viewers. Fox News has now been the highest-rated primetime cable station for 11 out of the past 12 weeks.

USA, HGTV and TBS join Fox News and MSNBC among the top five most-watched networks between 8-11 p.m. CNN finished seventh, averaging 1.2 million primetime viewers. MSNBC has now topped CNN during primetime for 11 straight weeks and seven straight weeks among total viewers. . .

. . .The only non-Fox News program in basic cable to beat O’Reilly among total viewers last week was USA’s WWE program “Monday Night Raw.” The April 6 special live editions of “Hannity” and “Shepard Smith Reporting” were the top two most-watched cable programs for the week during coverage of the U.S. strikes against Syria. . . .​
Cable Ratings: Fox News Wins 14th Straight Week Despite O?Reilly Fallout - SFGate

the big dollar advertisers are pulling out. So it's not about amount of advertisers being the same. It's the amount of $'s coming in.

I don't think you understood what I wrote because your response doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter what his ratings are if the advertisers pull out of his time slot.

Yes it does, if Bill's fans pull out of those advertisers. Boycotts can be answered with boycotts.

Viewers and ratings don't bring in the revenue...sponsors do. Over forty sponsors have backed out...so far.....

Dozens of advertisers have left Bill O'Reilly. Can Fox News stand by him? - Apr. 5, 2017

Yes it does, if Bill's fans pull out of those advertisers. Boycotts can be answered with boycotts.

That's a possibility...but not very likely.

the big dollar advertisers are pulling out. So it's not about amount of advertisers being the same. It's the amount of $'s coming in.

And other big dollar advertisers will move in, because O'Reilly has the #1 rated show on cable news. Oh and his ratings have gone up.

They aren't pulling out. They just have said they don't want their ads on O'Reilly's show. It's most likely far more political than any actual economic issue.

And other big dollar advertisers will move in, because O'Reilly has the #1 rated show on cable news. Oh and his ratings have gone up.

What other big dollar advertisers? Name one that has moved in.

Like who? What advertisers are lining up to back O'Reilly's show?

Sexual harassment in the workplace?! My God, when did that start?!

O'Reilly had 3.76 million viewers last Tuesday night. That is slightly more than 1 percent of the U.S. population. Bill's fans don't make THAT much of a difference.

That's a possibility...but not very likely.

I take these things with a HUGE grain of salt. The liberal channels who hate O'Reilly's success with a passion and think their fortunes will rise if they can take him out are most likely behind most of this. I hope the Murdochs hold firm. I will be very disappointed in them if they cave.

O'Reilly's newest book Old School recently released went right to the top of the NYT best sellers list and is a staying there. This man has a following who aren't buying the politics of personal destruction, and advertisers are usually pretty impressed with that.

I take these things with a HUGE grain of salt. The liberal channels who hate O'Reilly's success with a passion and think their fortunes will rise if they can take him out are most likely behind most of this. I hope the Murdochs hold firm. I will be very disappointed in them if they cave.

O'Reilly's newest book Old School recently released went right to the top of the NYT best sellers list and is a staying there. This man has a following who aren't buying the politics of personal destruction, and advertisers are usually pretty impressed with that.

Suppose you had a boss that said if you didn't sleep with him that he'd ruin your career? Because apparently that's what O'Reilly did.

Back
Top Bottom