• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is obama unting or dividing America.

Is obama uniting America

• Obama id dividing America

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Obama is uniting America

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
--------------

I'm not defending the Prez, ALL pols contribute to the divide.
On the other hand, you think Obama's blather is divisive.
Why is Obama's rhetoric worse than GW's ?

I never made the comparison, you did. The question is simple, is Obama a uniter or a divider and your answer is divider, thank you.

another silly thread ... but it does remind me of a time that we used to call racism "The Negro Problem" ... it was whites discriminating against blacks, but it was called "The Negro Problem" ... so here we have a president who, like any president, has made his mistakes, is flawed, yet we've seen a steady diet of "he's not one of us," "he wasn't born here," "he's a Kenyan," "he's a Muslim," etc., etc. ... so, people don't like him for the right and wrong reasons, but he's the divider ... and this is a man who has avoided the issue of racism to a fault, has sought compromise to a fault, but still, he's a divider ... the irony is that this constant criticism, regardless of the issue, has actually helped him ... the times he was at fault, many people ignored it thinking it was the cons crying wolf again ... the next election should be an interesting one ...

I think that when Obama was elected, one of his major goals was to try to bridge the divide in the country, created in large part by GWB and the wedge issues that the Republicans had used in the last several elections.

I think the reality is that Obama was opposed by the United Party of NO...every step of the way, and so he gave up trying to unite the country and recognized that since it wasn't possible, if he wanted to get ANYTHING done he would have to oppose their efforts.

I don't blame Obama for this....I blame the Party of No. Hopefully the next President, be she Democrat or Republican won't encounter the same level of hostility that Obama has.

I love how people call republicans the party of no when the fact is that liberals are out providing things that they know republicans will hate with every fiber of their being.

another silly thread ... but it does remind me of a time that we used to call racism "The Negro Problem" ... it was whites discriminating against blacks, but it was called "The Negro Problem" ... so here we have a president who, like any president, has made his mistakes, is flawed, yet we've seen a steady diet of "he's not one of us," "he wasn't born here," "he's a Kenyan," "he's a Muslim," etc., etc. ... so, people don't like him for the right and wrong reasons, but he's the divider ... and this is a man who has avoided the issue of racism to a fault, has sought compromise to a fault, but still, he's a divider ... the irony is that this constant criticism, regardless of the issue, has actually helped him ... the times he was at fault, many people ignored it thinking it was the cons crying wolf again ... the next election should be an interesting one ...
-------------

I think you're correct on the "crying wolf" business.
Well, Bori......most threads are pretty silly.
But we posters are lofty intellects.
Still, it gives us something to do....posting is probably better than shooting the TV.....probably.....maybe.

-------------

I think you're correct on the "crying wolf" business.
Well, Bori......most threads are pretty silly.
But we posters are lofty intellects.
Still, it gives us something to do....posting is probably better than shooting the TV.....probably.....maybe.

true that :rock

I love how people call republicans the party of no when the fact is that liberals are out providing things that they know republicans will hate with every fiber of their being.

such as ? Gay marriage, voting rights, choice, immigration reform, safety net, wider health care coverage ... it's politics Henrin ... the people elected Obama, suggesting that the majority preferred his ideas ... but that doesn't seem to matter apparently ... let's face it, neither party truly gives a rat's behind about us at the end of the day ...

LOL....the party of NO...has even voted NO! on their own ideas....and on their own Republicans. Sorry....but you are dead wrong on that one. Nice attempt though.

Calling half of America the "flat earth society" is not dividing?

He said that about climate change deniers, not Conservatives. The percentage of deniers is about 37%, which is much less than half.

Poll: 37% of Americans believe that global warming is a hoax | MNN - Mother Nature Network

(Biased source, but if anything, they're going to overblow the numbers to prove their point)

In fact, if you consider Republicans to be indicative of "Half the country" (which is a stretch), slightly less than half of them believe it's a hoax.

Gallup global warming poll finds a growing number of Republicans are now convinced climate change is real - NY Daily News

Less than half by a good margin any way you look at it.

He said that about climate change deniers, not Conservatives. The percentage of deniers is about 37%, which is much less than half.

Poll: 37% of Americans believe that global warming is a hoax | MNN - Mother Nature Network

(Biased source, but if anything, they're going to overblow the numbers to prove their point)

In fact, if you consider Republicans to be indicative of "Half the country" (which is a stretch), slightly less than half of them believe it's a hoax.

Gallup global warming poll finds a growing number of Republicans are now convinced climate change is real - NY Daily News

Less than half by a good margin any way you look at it.

I knew someone would go there in a desperate attempt to excuse Obama by saying not half of America, only 37% of America.:lol:

Lol.

It's a massively multi racial, multicultural country. No president ever really could be a uniter anymore no matter their political party. Historically speaking multicultural societies have a timer before they collapse.

For most the rest of US history every president will be hated by half the country.

Back
Top Bottom