• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Obama the worse President we had?

Reagan and #45 are NEVER to be mentioned in the same sentence or breath. Please don’t Dishonor President Reagan in this way.

A much better comparison would be to Lee Atwater, Joe McCarthy, George Wallace, Richard Nixon.
You don't get to decide how others speak.

Reagan and #45 are NEVER to be mentioned in the same sentence or breath. Please don’t Dishonor President Reagan in this way.

A much better comparison would be to Lee Atwater, Joe McCarthy, George Wallace, Richard Nixon.

Huh? Where do I mention 45 in that post?

#45 has also pissed off every Farmer and Rancher; every Small Rural Town Economy; So many over the road truckers; every Moderate;

Every GOP that isn’t a GOPutin; Every Union Worker; Every Independent; Every True Ally, like Israel; Every Suburban Woman; Want More

Uh, not true.

You Mean Patriotic and Honest America wants this Criminally Insane Traitor Impeached

No, patriotic and honest Americans are the ones who voted for the patriotic and honest candidate. Cause we all know the other choice is as dishonest and corrupt as they come. It’s pretty simple.

Lol, and you don’t insist that your side is right? Give me a break. Obama should have taken a side in that instance. The side that says freedom of speech is a right, afforded by those brave men and women who defend it. The flag represents those freedoms and the people who have died defending it. Be respectful to our flag and the people who defend her.

I'm not president so I can take a side.

They fought for freedom but you're trashing it by trying to turn this country into North Korea.

I can't understand your side. You want to coerce people into honoring freedom? What a load of BS. You're an authoritarian. Just own it.

81eedfb346645406d8538389b33fadc6--north-korea-national-anthem.jpg

The largest deficits in history, the worst economic recovery, purging Gitmo. The list goes on

No. Heard of George W Bush? Obama inherited a terrible economic situation and rough foreign policy/war situation and improved both. The economy turned around and Osama Bin Laden was killed, for instance.

He's not the worst. He wasn't a great president in terms of bringing real change. But Jimmy Carter, Franklin Pierce, and James Buchanan are far worse.

I'm not president so I can take a side.

They fought for freedom but you're trashing it by trying to turn this country into North Korea.

I can't understand your side. You want to coerce people into honoring freedom? What a load of BS. You're an authoritarian. Just own it.

81eedfb346645406d8538389b33fadc6--north-korea-national-anthem.jpg

In no way do I want to “coerce” anyone into honoring freedom. That is your choice.. What I can’t understand about your side is that there’s just no respect for anything. You scream and yell if someone challenges your right to to speak and then you disrespect the values and symbols of those very freedoms that are protected for you by others.

In many ways he was. If we literally had a rock sitting in the oval office, we would have had a better recovery. Literally, if we had done nothing instead of Obama's gimmick economic policies we would have saw more growth.

At least Bill Clinton understood the economy. Obama was clueless.

No, it was not Obama. What was the worst was the House and the Senate that would not allow him to do much. It was so bad that the Republicans when they took both had to change the rules from a majority of 60 to a majority of 51 so they could get things done and even then the only thing that they have been able to pass is the Tax Cuts and that was only by 1 vote.

Obama was not only straddled with this but also by worst Recession ever, which was on the verge of being a Depression:

The Great Recession—which officially lasted from December 2007 to June 2009—began with the bursting of an 8 trillion dollar housing bubble. The resulting loss of wealth led to sharp cutbacks in consumer spending. This loss of consumption, combined with the financial market chaos triggered by the bursting of the bubble, also led to a collapse in business investment. As consumer spending and business investment dried up, massive job loss followed. In 2008 and 2009, the U.S. labor market lost 8.4 million jobs, or 6.1% of all payroll employment. This was the most dramatic employment contraction (by far) of any recession since the Great Depression. By comparison, in the deep recession that began in 1981, job loss was 3.1%, or only about half as severe.

This was ALL caused by Bush's administration and with Obama being a Black President and the Republicans being mostly biased, Obama was unable to accomplish what he tried to accomplish, meaning it was not him by the Republicans that caused him to not do as much as he could............and yet:

1 – Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

2 – Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans

3 – Ended the war in Iraq

4 – Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden

5 – Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession

6 – Supported the LGBT community’s fight for marriage equality

7 – Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences”

8 – Saved the U.S. auto industry

9 – Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020

10 – Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan

11 – Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits

12 –Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector

13 – Dropped the veteran homeless rate by 50 percent

14 – Reversed Bush-era torture policies

15 – Began the process of normalizing relations with Cuba

16 – Increased Department of Veteran Affairs funding

17 – Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act

18 – Boosted fuel efficiency standards for cars

19 – Improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act

20 – Repealed the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy

21 – Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification

22 – Helped negotiate the landmark Iran Nuclear Deal

23 – He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women

24 – Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice

25 – Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill

26 – Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”

27 – Launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential

28 – Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer

It has been said by Historians that Obama is about the 12th best President we have had.

This kind of negativity about Obama continues to be mostly prejudice and bias against Blacks. It is disgusting

The largest deficits in history, the worst economic recovery, purging Gitmo. The list goes on

Sounds like pure prejudice to me, especially considering that you posted no facts to back up your statement.

In many ways he was. If we literally had a rock sitting in the oval office, we would have had a better recovery. Literally, if we had done nothing instead of Obama's gimmick economic policies we would have saw more growth.

That is BS. First of all Bernanke and Paulson held a gun to President Obama's head threatening a TOTAL WORLD economic collapse if he didn't play ball. The stimulus increased our debt but was NOT the biggest % increase by far.

-Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, a 186-percent increase

-George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion, a 54-percent increase

-Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion, a 32-percent increase (for reference)

-George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion, a 101-percent increase

-Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74-percent increase

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

The Recovery was slow but Congress resisted (shut down) every plan President Obama proposed to help the recover. Why? Because they pledged to make him a one term president before he was even inaugurated.

Purging Gitmo, he freed people of questionable guilt and no value to getting to the bottom of 911, was the right thing to do. What was going on there was against international law.

tRump is on course to be a much "worse" (proper use) President than we have EVER had.

-Largest debt increase of any President not suffering an economic crisis or war.

-Most divisive president in history.

-Most destructive president to our alliances EVER!

The list goes on!

Last edited:
Well if he didn’t have a twitter account he would probably be in the 70’s. Lol. He’s pissed off every liberal in North America, which is fine by me. Lol

yeah, but he HAS a twitter account and through it the Real Trump shows up and it shows his total incompetency, his lack of morals, ethics, principles and humanity. I am surprised he is at 40%. To me,he is a ZERO

Of course he does, but liberals are too obsessed with impeaching him to see the truth.

Of course he does (care about freedom of speech).

You have got to be kidding me, right? either kidding or blind. Trump is trying in every which way he can to stifle Freedom of Speech. He tries to muzzle the media, his critics, and even those like Omarosa that worked for him and taped his conversations. Didn't he just yesterday said he wanted to put Omarosa in Jail? For what? trying to muzzle her FREEDOM OF SPEECH? All she is doing is telling everyone (and confirming here words with tapes) what her conversations with Trump were. Is that a jailable offense?

Trump is an autocrat and if you continue to back him up, at some point you will allow him to muzzle Freedom of Speech.

Obama was not only the worst he was a traitor. He sympothysed with the enemy. He stood by while women and children were poisoned by the hatchet man in Syria, after he had crossed Obama’s fake red line. Weakest potus ever on foreign policy. He crafted a astupid nuclear deal with a country who’s leaders chant “death to America”, and then sent them a pallet load of cash to buy their agreement. Lol

Race relations in this country deteriorated. He stood against the rule of law by taking sides every time there was a questionable event involving blacks and police officers. Instead of of being a healer in chief, he was a divider in chief. He did not handle any of those well. IMO

His job killing regulations were a disaster for the recovery and growth of our economy.

And worst of all for all you liberals he he appointed queen Hilary SOS after she agreed to drop out of the 2008 election, and worked to make sure she would be the dem front runner in 2016. A colossal mistake, that is if your a lefty. Lol

So in my mind, yes he will considered one of the worst.

You need to get your facts straight. You are spouting rightist media hyperbole.

"His job killing regulations were a disaster for the recovery and growth or our economy"

I guess you simply forgot that Obama saved us from a depression and the "recovery and growth of our economy" would not have happened at ALL if it wasn't for him preventing the Depression. He would have done more if it wasn't for the fact that the Republicans did not help him one iota.

It is ungrateful of any person not to give credit where credit is due. Evidently, you only are looking for the bad. Perhaps because he is Black?

Obama ranked higher then Regan? Lol.

American Political Science Assoc's "Presidential Greatness Ratings"
Lincoln (95 out of 100)
Washington 93
F. D. Roosevelt 89
T. Roosevelt 81
Jefferson 80
Truman 75
Eisenhower 74
Obama 71
Reagan 69

L. B. Johnson 69
Wilson 67
Madison 64
Clinton 64
J. Adams 63
Jackson 62
Kennedy 62
G. H. W. Bush 61
Monroe 61
McKinley 55
Polk 54
Grant 53
Taft 52
J. Q. Adams 52
Cleveland 51
Ford 47
Carter 45
Van Buren 42
Coolidge 42
Hayes 40
G. W. Bush 40
Arthur 38
B. Harrison 37
Nixon 37
Garfield 33
Taylor 33
Hoover 31
Tyler 28
Fillmore 25
Harding 25
A. Johnson 23
Pierce 19
W. H. Harrison 15
Buchanan 14
Trump 12

:lamo

The list goes on, huh?

Please, elaborate. Let's take a serious look at this "list" of yours, so that we can see what's in your mind, shall we?

Obama is rightly considered among the top quartile of all American presidents. He's a borderline top 10 POTUS, based on the merits.

No one takes seriously the rantings of the anti-Obama haters.

"Worst president ever"????

Have you ever read any American history? Ever heard of presidents like Buchanan, Pierce, Fillmore, Harding or Andrew Johnson? Or, for that matter, George W. Bush?

Hell, Trump is destined to beat them all in the race for "worst POTUS ever". Is that going to hurt your feelings?

Post #91 backs up your statement. Take a look.

Racists didn't like Obama.

Obama ranked higher then Regan?

Don Regan wasn't president...

It takes a while for historians to do their job. If you looked at the Wiki entry, he averages 12th over all the polls.

I've been saying, for a long time, that historians were going to love Obama. If I took a few more history classes, I could get a degree in history. I am familiar with the discipline, and how it works.

So when I see a thread that says Obama is the worst, I know that poster got suckered by propaganda. Obama will prob stay in the lower teens. His rank won't change much over the next 50 years, but I could see +/- 2 happening.

But it's not why I posted. Historians are already trying to guess where in the bottom 5 Trump will land. At this point, it is a guess. What isn't a guess is that he's easily one of the worst.

Don Regan wasn't president...

It takes a while for historians to do their job. If you looked at the Wiki entry, he averages 12th over all the polls.

I've been saying, for a long time, that historians were going to love Obama. If I took a few more history classes, I could get a degree in history. I am familiar with the discipline, and how it works.

So when I see a thread that says Obama is the worst, I know that poster got suckered by propaganda. Obama will prob stay in the lower teens. His rank won't change much over the next 50 years, but I could see +/- 2 happening.

But it's not why I posted. Historians are already trying to guess where in the bottom 5 Trump will land. At this point, it is a guess. What isn't a guess is that he's easily one of the worst.

First of all when you see a thread on a forum that says Obama is the worst, it’s an opinion, nothing more.

A real historian would not even try to rank the current POTUS. He is not finished his 2nd year of his first term. Can we please wait until at least 2024, when he has finished his 2nd term, before we start ranking him. Lol

Real historians wait until HISTORY has been played out. Obama is history. We know what happened during his tenure. We can at least form an opinion of how he did. Some worship him as some kind of god, some think he was not fond of America and it’s constitution. Or anti-American.

Trump is the worst by far.

Back
Top Bottom