• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Obama the worse President we had?

LewisTT

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The largest deficits in history, the worst economic recovery, purging Gitmo. The list goes on

"The worse" :lamo

The largest deficits in history, the worst economic recovery, purging Gitmo. The list goes on

:lamo

The list goes on, huh?

Please, elaborate. Let's take a serious look at this "list" of yours, so that we can see what's in your mind, shall we?

Obama is rightly considered among the top quartile of all American presidents. He's a borderline top 10 POTUS, based on the merits.

No one takes seriously the rantings of the anti-Obama haters.

"Worst president ever"????

Have you ever read any American history? Ever heard of presidents like Buchanan, Pierce, Fillmore, Harding or Andrew Johnson? Or, for that matter, George W. Bush?

Hell, Trump is destined to beat them all in the race for "worst POTUS ever". Is that going to hurt your feelings?

Last edited:

The list goes on, huh?

Please, elaborate. Let's take a serious look at this "list" of yours, so that we can see what's in your mind, shall we?

Obama is rightly considered among the top quartile of all American presidents. He's a borderline top 10 POTUS, based on the merits.

Have you ever read any American history? Ever heard of presidents like Buchanan, Pierce, Fillmore, Harding or Andrew Johnson? Or, for that matter, George W. Bush?

Hell, Trump is destined to beat them all in the race for "worst POTUS ever". Is that going to hurt your feelings?

In many ways he was. If we literally had a rock sitting in the oval office, we would have had a better recovery. Literally, if we had done nothing instead of Obama's gimmick economic policies we would have saw more growth.

At least Bill Clinton understood the economy. Obama was clueless.

In many ways he was. If we literally had a rock sitting in the oval office, we would have had a better recovery. Literally, if we had done nothing instead of Obama's gimmick economic policies we would have saw more growth.

At least Bill Clinton understood the economy. Obama was clueless.

I put him in the top ten....just outside the top 5

Is Obama the worse President we had?

1) How can a six word question be so poorly constructed?

2) No. That distinction belongs the current corrupt poseur in the White House.

I put him in the top ten....just outside the top 5

Race relations deteriorated under Obama. He only served blacks that paid him.

Our country has become a lot less safe. He did nothing about our borders or illegal immigration.

Obama served himself first, and everyone else second. He didn't even care about his party. The guy claimed he was an uniter, he destroyed his party and only emboldened the Republican party. So Obama deserves thanks for uniting the Republicans.

You should have made this a poll thread so you could more easily see how visually stupid this question is.

Predictably, the people who act like Trump is responsible for a good economy he inherited from obama, also claim that Obama is responsible for the disastrous economy he inherited from Bush (which, again, turned into the good economy Trump inherited).

I could go into further detail but...that's just dumb enough as it is.

It's depressing to watch people repeat the following, especially when you know that they know that you know that they only started saying it after the economy improved under Obama:

If we literally had a rock sitting in the oval office

Last edited:

The list goes on, huh?

Doesnt bother me one but to answers your questions... but there is none

Come on, now. It was a typo. We all know he meant "worsest".

Haha; I had a business partner who used “onlyest.” Took me three times to cancel the spell checker.......

Race relations deteriorated under Obama. He only served blacks that paid him.

Our country has become a lot less safe. He did nothing about our borders or illegal immigration.

Obama served himself first, and everyone else second. He didn't even care about his party. The guy claimed he was an uniter, he destroyed his party and only emboldened the Republican party. So Obama deserves thanks for uniting the Republicans.

False. They are at their worst level currently under Trump

False he deported more illegal immigrants than Bush

False. He served himself last. He put the country first

Worst. GWB. Has no close competition for the honor/dishonor.
/

Nothing represents the shallowness of modern liberal politics better than a thread consisting of nothing but jokes about a typo.

Haha; I had a business partner who used “onlyest.” Took me three times to cancel the spell checker.......

I don't mean to be a grammar nazi, but if Americans (or even Westerners) are gonna take criticism of an American President seriously, the person must have English. This website has a thousand hacks with functional English and the OP is behind all of them. I don't see a chance of it being taken seriously; perhaps that's the idea.

Predictably, the people who act like Trump is responsible for a good economy he inherited from obama, also claim that Obama is responsible for the disastrous economy he inherited from Bush (which, again, turned into the good economy Trump inherited).

I could go into further detail but...that's just dumb enough as it is.

It's depressing to watch people repeat the following, especially when you know that they know that you know that they only started saying it after the economy improved under Obama:

Reminds me of this.

The clown we have in the white house now is the worst president the United States will ever have. Just watch how events will soon deteriorate out of control. Watch!!!

It's all relative to your perspective and the metrics you use.

I would not put in him in the top ten as some would but I'm not sure he was the worst ever but I do consider him the worst of my lifetime (starting at Nixon).

He let congress overspend but that's been true since at least as far back as Reagan. So I can't really say too much on that. Even the shovel ready jobs lie I can excuse. I didn't like it but...

I am opposed to Obama care because of what it is and how it was passed. Scotus made it law of the land so I'm OK with begrudgingly living with it until the political will to change it arrives. I am however much less tolerant of the lies associated with that.

Overall I think lacked good instincts militarily/diplomatically

I think he damaged the military with allowing gays to openly declare their sexuality. I think don't ask, don't tell was a decent compromise to a contentious issue.

His budget cuts to the military I thought were excessive and not well targeted. It was disappointing.

Underestimated isis, announcing a withdrawal date in iraq, hamstringing soldiers with poorly thought out rules of engagement, lied about benghazi, and refusing to call acts of terror what they were, all were mistakes.

Ineffective border security, amnesty light policies like daca. Allowing sanctuary cities.

Using the doj to create false flags like fast and furious. Weaponizing the IRS to harass political foes, both were big stains on his administration.

The biggest sin of his presidency has not been proven yet but I firmly believe he was intimately involved in trying to frame trump as a traitor and using the intelligence community to gather covert data on him for political purposes.

He set race relations back with some of his comments. He participated in gratitous political divisions.

I'd like to say I shared common ground with him on some issues but about the only thing I can think of that I thought he got it right was insisting that gitmo detainees were entitled to a trial and I agree with his late term abortion position but for a different reasons than him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Obama? Best President in my lifetime. But I did have some issues with him. But, overall, the best we've had in this generation.

Bush II was the worst in my lifetime. That is until this Trump clown came along. Trump will break all historical records in regards to being the worstest presidinct in American history. How bad Trump will actually be is yet to be seen. It's like watching two trains coming at each other, head-on, in slow motion. Popcorn anyone?

There have been eleven recessions since World War II, each of which was followed by a recovery. Even Obama experienced an economic recovery… it just happens to be the worst one.

All jobs lost in post-World War II recessions were recovered after about twenty-five months on average. But, it took seventy-seven months for employment to return to pre-recession levels, making Obama’s recovery the slowest recovery of them all—and by a wide margin. Obama is also the only president in U.S. history to have never had a single year of 3.0 percent or greater GDP growth.

Back
Top Bottom