• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Obama the New Nixon?

Great find! Thanks for posting.

I don't think Obama has Nixon's courage, but the column is interesting.:peace

Obama’s Constitution twisting

His arrogant claims are worse than Nixon’s.

As the article says, "Obama should be embarrassed" but Will's should have added those who voted to give a failed President who has ignored the Constitution repeatedly a second chance should also be embarrassed.

As the article says, "Obama should be embarrassed" but Will's should have added those who voted to give a failed President who has ignored the Constitution repeatedly a second chance should also be embarrassed.

Yes they should, voting for him the first time will go down in the annals as one of my biggest blunders...

Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea maxima culpa...

Realistically the only difference between ofailure and nixon is the media. The media would never let go of a thread on nixon's administration until they unraveled it. The media cuts the threads off for ofailure.

In my opinion he is more destructive to our form of government than was Wilson and FDR combined. After all, he did state that he was going to fundamentally change the Umited States, and I've yet to see the voters being given a vote on the fundamental changes he has been imposing upon us.

Yes they should, voting for him the first time will go down in the annals as one of my biggest blunders...

Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea maxima culpa...

So funny, that's pretty much the same thing my brother said yesterday at lunch.

Obama is worse than Nixon AND Clinton combined.

There is a consistent wave of tyranny and corruption in the Obama Administration.

The way the Department of State handled the Benghazi attacks, which left 4 Americans, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, dead. Then supposedly the DoS covered up information, and not to mention the huge prostitution scandal that we heard about there.

IRS targeting Tea Party groups for political purposes.

Department of Justice collecting phone records of journalists and reporters. Violating the 1st and 4th Amendments, which respectively include the freedom of the press, and protecting Americans from unwarranted searches.

NSA spying on Americans emails and phone records. Violating the 4th Amendment.

Allowing gun control is in direct violation of the 2nd Amendment.

There's also a lot of violation of the 1st Amendment in the U.S. Military which specifically targets Christians. Parts of the 1st Amendment say "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,"

So all this talk of Separation of Church & State leaves a lot of people confused, despite it clearly being laid out that people are allowed to express their religion freely in and of themselves. If people don't want to convert to Christianity, that's up to them. They shouldn't be punished neither. But don't punish the Christian for wanting to convert them, because that WOULD be violating the 1st Amendment, in keeping people from being allowed to express their religious views freely.

Back
Top Bottom