• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Obama afraid to lead? [W:143]

Jack Hays

Traveler
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

War by wordplay

Obama throws the dictionary at 'em
Charles Krauthammer, The Washington Post AUG 8

This incoherence of policy and purpose is why an evacuation from Yemen must be passed off as “a reduction in staff.” Why the Benghazi terror attack must be blamed on some hapless Egyptian-American videographer. Why the Fort Hood shooting is nothing but some loony Army doctor gone postal.
In the end, this isn’t about language. It’s about leadership. The wordplay is merely cover for uncertain policy embedded in confusion and ambivalence about the whole enterprise.
This is not leading from behind. This is not leading at all.:roll:

Compared to Romney's manic, panting, stutter, Obama sounds cool, calm and measured.

Semantics are the cornerstones of politics.

Name a President who said "My fellow Americans. We have a problem and I don't have a clue what to do about it".

Semantics are the cornerstones of politics.

Name a President who said "My fellow Americans. We have a problem and I don't have a clue what to do about it".

Good evening, specklebang! :2wave:

:shock: :lamo

I don't think it's that Obama is afraid to lead. It's that he doesn't know how to lead. This is the first executive position of his life, and the presidency should not be OJT.

I don't think it's that Obama is afraid to lead. It's that he doesn't know how to lead. This is the first executive position of his life, and the presidency should not be OJT.

That's a fair possibility, but there have been too many times when he's decided not to step forward.:peace

That's a fair possibility, but there's been too many times when he's decided not to step forward.:peace

IMO, because he is smart enough to know, he is clueless in his leadership roles.

That's how he was described.
Thats hearsay. Anyway...

121017-second-debate-the-reviews-are-in.jpeg

I concur 100 %

Both on that Obama doesn't know how to be a leader and lead and that the position of POTUS shouldn't be an elected OJT position.

Actually, it's what we call history. And I'm not sure what Romney has to do with this. :peace
Romney was the chosen leader of the right wing. He lost the election because the country didn't think he would make a good leader. Obama was elected because he is a better leader than Romney.

Romney was the chosen leader of the right wing. He lost the election because the country didn't think he would make a good leader. Obama was elected because he is a better leader than Romney.

Romney's leadership qualities are irrelevant. He might or might not have made a good POTUS, but we'll never know. And it doesn't matter. The question is why BHO is such a poor leader, not whether someone else is worse.:peace

Typical Moot response. Obama sucks...but I hate beets!!!

Romney us not the president. However it IS funny to see how quickly Obama supporters trip over themselves to avoid the fact that they guy they supported in the election is a weak willed, weak minded pathetic excuse of a leader. But then...hey...so was that manager of a Taco Bell once.

Obama had zero leadership experience when he took office.

I see the right wing circle jerk is in session.

I'm even inclined to agree the man has shown he is a poor leader.

But this is not a new revelation.

You sure do bitch about the man a lot.

Romney's leadership qualities are irrelevant. He might or might not have made a good POTUS, but we'll never know. And it doesn't matter. The question is why BHO is such a poor leader, not whether someone else is worse.:peace
Does anyone really expect the right wing to say Obama is a good leader? I certainly don't. So really this thread is little more than a wanker thread for the right wing to help make themselves feel better about losing the election. The sad thing is they have to lie to themselves to do it.

Typical Moot response. Obama sucks...but I hate beets!!!

Romney us not the president. However it IS funny to see how quickly Obama supporters trip over themselves to avoid the fact that they guy they supported in the election is a weak willed, weak minded pathetic excuse of a leader. But then...hey...so was that manager of a Taco Bell once.

I just think if you're going to call Obama a poor leader it helps to know we could have a worse one.

Does anyone really expect the right wing to say Obama is a good leader? I certainly don't. So really this thread is little more than a wanker thread for the right wing to help make themselves feel better about losing the election. The sad thing is they have to lie to themselves to do it.

And now the ad hominem, the definitive marker for intellectual bankruptcy. Did you even read Krauthammer's column? You have brought agit-prop to a serious discussion, and that leaves you at a disadvantage.:peace

Sorry, but I think Romney's business acumen was and remains needed.

Why don't you offer some examples of Obama's leadership? Begin with domestic policies please. Green energy would be a great start. Real vision there, I'm sure we can all agree.

And now the ad hominem, the definitive marker for intellectual bankruptcy. Did you even read Krauthammer's column? You have brought agit-prop to a serious discussion, and that leaves you at a disadvantage.:peace
Hate to burst your bubble, but the thread was intellectually bankrupt before you posted it. In fact, you probably should have posted it in the 'partisan political forum', instead of the 'international political forum'.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the thread was intellectually bankrupt before you posted it. In fact, you probably should have posted it in the 'partisan political forum', instead of the 'international political forum'.

Not sure why you would say that. I have no party affiliation and no partisan axe to grind. I have voted for Repubs, Dems and third parties. Krauthammer makes a provocative and persuasive point. Why do you fear that?:peace

Back
Top Bottom