• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Noam Chomsky who he pretends to be?

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Google turn speak it's yet another link to radical islam and nazi ideology

Haven't read you other posts, but I might suggest also googling "Muslim Brotherhood" or "Mufti of Jerusalem" for other Nazi/Islamist connections.

You can't find the solution if you're looking at the wrong problem, the problem is radical islamic fascists who are trying to form a pan-Islamic arab state, take a look on my thread in the war on terror section of how this new form of Islam has a direct link to nazi ideology. Of course U.S. foriegn policy isn't perfect but to use it as justification for acts of terrorism is turnspeak at it's worst. You blame the victim for the actions of the aggressor, this is the same tactic that nazi Germany used in it's justifications for invading Poland. It was b.s. then and it's b.s. now. We have to look into the inherently flawed and corrupt institutions found within the middle east, until the arabs are ready to have some introspection into their own problems rather than to blame the west for every ill, injustice and wrong which they have suffered, they will only serve to perpetuate their own suffering and oppression.

Google turn speak it's yet another link to radical islam and nazi ideology

You can say ____ needs to do _____ all you want, but that's not going to make ______ do anything. The only way to make progress is to look within yourself. In this case, our own nation. Our democracy is failing. It is obvious to me when we have a president who couldn't challenge a 3rd grader to a spelling bee. It was obvious, when we passed the USA Patriot Act. It was obvious to me when bush drew false links to Iraq, and justified a war. It was obvious to me, when congress handed over to the president the power to engage in war without a vote. It was obvious to me when the courts refused to rule on the constitutionality of John Bonifaz's case. Our leaders our failing us. The checks and balances are failing us. Forget Iraq, it was a mistake. Everyone knows this now. You can't stop terrorism by setting up weak democracy's in Afghanistan and Iraq. That's simply ridiculous. Democracy is failing at home, how can anyone possibly think we can make it succeed in the Middle East? Come people, get real.

ban.the.electoral.college said:

Chomsky, on the other hand, is a great intellect

I would say his readers are much more intelligent than that. Unlike, Coulters crowd.

You have referred to Chomsky's intellect several times, but how much intellect doers it require to repackage various terrorist talking points in flowery verse aimed at appealing, not to the intellect at all, but in order to elicit an almost visceral emotional response, instead?

I would think the more intellectual Chomsky readers would recognize the way he uses adjectives and adverbs, and reject the emotionality of his rhetorec.

Gardener said:
In any discussion about antisemitism, it seems the level at which people set the bar is indicative of their own sensitivity on the subject. For some, nothing short of advocating the extermination of all Jews qualifies, while for others, any criticism of Sharon might qualify. I haven't seen too much of the latter, mind you, but I have seen plenty examples of the former over the years, and one favorite tactic of antisemites is to portray the reactions to their antisemitism as being overly sensitive.

Well, thats biased in all it's nature. First of all, what 'you' have seen and what you haven't seen isn't the determing factor here But, you're laying a heavy emphasis on it as to lend credence to your point...I don't think you've seen much, at all.
If, you're going to talk about the tactics of certain groups of people then you could say "One of the favourite tactics of certain Pro-Israelis groups is to equate 'questioning of Israel' with 'anti-semitism'. So, tell me what you think about that?.

Gardener said:
AS to whether Jews can also be antisemitic, I might offer the name of one Israel Shahak as an example of such, and so I reject the notion that Chomsky cannot possibly be an antisemite if based upon his ethnicity alone. His rhetorec is certainy suspect in my book, and shows such a lack of fairness as to indicate quite a bias. When people are obviously biased against the one Jewish state in the entire world, I would think it natural to question why, and especially as Chomsky indulges in apologia for the likes of Pol Pot, I certainly question his motivations.

OK your notion of suspecting Noam Chomsky of being anti-semite is because, of the 'Rhetoric in his book' and being biased against the one 'Jewish state in the entire world'.
You're simply not getting the definition of bias here. You think that need for having a Jewish state is good, I dare say you think there should be more...so you've got a bias.
So, tell us why, you think there should be a Jewish state.,..and a Muslim State, a Christian State, a buddhist state..
Then, quote the apologetic rhetoric of Pol Pot, aswell.

Gardener said:
Chomsky is certainly an intellectual, but that should not place him on a pedistal, nor does it mean that he is original in his "insights". In fact, his world observations are so predictable that I would think most other intellectuals would write him off as an idealogue rather than a truth seeker -- more of a propagandist than anything else -- and the fact that there are so many Chomsky clones in academia speaks more of ultraconformity and lack of intellectual honesty than it does anything inherently brilliant about his actual rhetorec. The man is a linguist, and while he is certainly a giant in that particular field, I would think this should give folks a clue as to how to deconstruct his rhetorec when he indulges in politics. He is a man who begins from the standpoint of promoting ideology and then uses his considerable linguistic skills in pursuit of influence rather than a man who views the world with an open mind.

What propaganda? What utlraconformity? what intellectual dishonesty?
A man without much of an open mind? I see a man who is trailblazing the way that is 'everything' against the tripe you attribute to Noam Chomsky.

If I recollect one of his quotes "Sytems of power need provide an overwhelming reason on why they should exist. If they can't, then they should be dissmantled..."

Thats recollecting, but that what I got out of it.

Ultraconformity? Propoganda?...Uh?

It is the confluence of his own ideology with that of the Islamists (his authoritarian leftist hatred for anything associated with the west in alignment with the Islamist totalitarian hatred for the same) that gives rise to statements either bordering upon antisemitism or antisemitic depending upon one's sensitivity and point of view. Ideas tend to cross pollinate as it were, and it is through the admixture of the rhetorec of the Islamists and the authoritarian leftists where the antisemitic notions are spreading. Call it the new antisemitism if you wish, but while the uberleftist version may be more slippery than that of the right, and more Arabist in nature than classic European, I would think if people would just question a little more and accept without qualification a little less, they might see it too.[/QUOTE]

___

Section:

It is the confluence of his own ideology with that of the Islamists (his authoritarian leftist hatred for anything associated with the west in alignment with the Islamist totalitarian hatred for the same)!

What was that you were saying about 'Rhetoric, propaganda..blah, blah, blah?"

Last edited:
Even if he's not an anti-semite he's still a terrorist sympathiser screw um.

your link there is the determing factor as to why is a terrorist sympathiser?

So QUOTE sections of it that reinforce your views.

Last edited:
ban.the.electoral.college said:

You can say ____ needs to do _____ all you want, but that's not going to make ______ do anything. The only way to make progress is to look within yourself. In this case, our own nation. Our democracy is failing. It is obvious to me when we have a president who couldn't challenge a 3rd grader to a spelling bee. It was obvious, when we passed the USA Patriot Act. It was obvious to me when bush drew false links to Iraq, and justified a war. It was obvious to me, when congress handed over to the president the power to engage in war without a vote. It was obvious to me when the courts refused to rule on the constitutionality of John Bonifaz's case. Our leaders our failing us. The checks and balances are failing us. Forget Iraq, it was a mistake. Everyone knows this now. You can't stop terrorism by setting up weak democracy's in Afghanistan and Iraq. That's simply ridiculous. Democracy is failing at home, how can anyone possibly think we can make it succeed in the Middle East? Come people, get real.

I really don't see your point are you saying that the right choice is to abandon democracy so that we may what? Set up a dictatorship? Just because your party didn't win doesn't mean that democracy is failing, come on buddy. I do realize the lack of checks and balances as a problem but maybe if the dems quit bashing the U.S. and pull their heads out of their ass they might actually win some elections, I mean for christ sake they couldn't even beat Bush? Like you said a man who couldn't beat a 3rd grader in a spelling be. That must mean one of 2 things either Bush is smarter than you give him credit for, or the Democratic party is incompetent and so blind to reality that it trys to find the next watergate rather than to legitimately win elections.

I'll make the changes now, for the mistakes in the posts, before you get chance to pick and start debating over them...

The ones I can see that need be changed, are...

OK your notion of suspecting Noam Chomsky of being anti-semite is because, of the 'Rhetoric in his book' and being biased against the one 'Jewish state in the entire world'
-Should say 'rhetoric, in your book'

"Then, quote the apologetic rhetoric of Pol Pot, aswell'
-Should say 'apologetic rhetoric by Chomsky, of Pol Pot.'

"your link there is the determing factor as to why is a terrorist sympathiser?"

-Should say 'why he is a terrorist sympathiser'

Sorted...game on!

Last edited:
I really don't see your point are you saying that the right choice is to abandon democracy so that we may what? Set up a dictatorship? Just because your party didn't win doesn't mean that democracy is failing, come on buddy. I do realize the lack of checks and balances as a problem but maybe if the dems quit bashing the U.S. and pull their heads out of their ass they might actually win some elections, I mean for christ sake they couldn't even beat Bush? Like you said a man who couldn't beat a 3rd grader in a spelling be. That must mean one of 2 things either Bush is smarter than you give him credit for, or the Democratic party is incompetent and so blind to reality that it trys to find the next watergate rather than to legitimately win elections.

Abandon democracy? That's already been done. I am saying we need to try to get it back. The fact that Bush made it to the Oval Office has nothing to do with intelligence, or voter turn out - but money. Bush is in the White House for the same reason O.J. is not a killer. Our system is flawed. Many people are beginning to get a sense of it, but still most are in the dark. The ones who arent in the dark are either afraid to do anything, or they are trying to wake others up, or they are taking advantage of the system. I will also mention, that Bush opponents do not need a Watergate to prove his incompetancy. Currently his approval rating is 36%, that's 3% lower than Nixon at the height of Watergate. H.Res.375 may not see the light of day, and if that is so, then it is yet another example of our government failing the people. When one party is so dominant that criminal officials can not be held accountable for high-crimes, then it's obvious democracy has failed. Believe it. I don't know how many clues one needs to see what is right before their eyes.

Bullseye!

Two ways to win...

1) Make yourself look better than your opponenet
2) Make your opponent look worse than you

If GWB is an absolute atrocity, then these two should be a breeze for Democrats....Yet they constantly fail. They should be looking inward for blame instead of placing the blame elsewhere...

Back
Top Bottom