• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Nancy Pelosi fundamentally a political pragmatist?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Yes.
No.

If yes I'd love to hear the mental gymnastics driving the reasoning.

If she was, she wouldn't run for minority leader

Being elected Speaker or Minority Leader is all about trust members feel that the candidate will support the overall caucus interests; ultimately this a vote about personal relationships and pragmatism. People who don't understand this and claim to understand politics are sad and pathetic; they should find a different hobby — I hear basket weaving doesn't require much brain power.

Being elected Speaker or Minority Leader is all about trust members feel that the candidate will support the overall caucus interests; ultimately this a vote about personal relationships and pragmatism. People who don't understand this and claim to understand politics are sad and pathetic; they should find a different hobby — I hear basket weaving doesn't require much brain power.

In her case it is about sheer power and using that power to have those in her party knuckle under. Pragmatic? LOL.

Have to pass ObamaKare to know what is in it? Pragmatic? No. A sheer power play.

It's been an authoritarian, closed leadership.
Brian Baird, D-WA

Requiem for the Pelosi Democrats - WSJ.com

How's that basket you've been working on?

I didnt vote because you didnt provide a 3rd option. In any case I feel that she is ALMOST as crappy as Mitch McConnell. Both of them deserve to be copier salesmen instead of making decisions for Americans.

I didnt vote because you didnt provide a 3rd option. In any case I feel that she is ALMOST as crappy as Mitch McConnell. Both of them deserve to be copier salesmen instead of making decisions for Americans.

I only wanted those to vote who would give a yes/no answer.

What does Obama deserve to be?

Copier salesman (I have absolutely nothing against them) is too worthy a job and too much responsibility for the Obaminator. Burger flipper at McD's perhaps, as he should be given an entry level job in the Capitalist system. Something he could master and build upon.

Cheers,
Zim.

Last edited:
Copier salesman (I have absolutely nothing against them) is too worthy a job and too much responsibility for the Obaminator. Burger flipper at McD's perhaps, as he should be given an entry level job in the Capitalist system. Something he could master and build upon.

wow all that and yet the Republicans still lost to BHO. ;)

Pelosi should go home and cook for her husband.

She's a trumpet of the radical left. Pragmatists are generally moderates or those who will be so on at least some issues. Further, pragmatists do not generally throw mud (especially in rather hysterical manners) - as this is not progress-enhancing.

She's an ideologue. A screaching one at that. She doesn't make deals with what her constituents and supports would call "our fascist enemy the Bush death war-crime machine".

How could one possibly refer to her as the most divisive figures in congress, for her radical policy and high-volume mud-slinging and representing one of the most radical districts in the US. It's like refering to Beck, Hannity, Olbermann or Matthews as a pragmatist. Ideologues don't get things done; they know it and they don't care because they are committed to making sacrifices to please their god. I should know, in some ways I am one - but not in regard to politics, especially not repub/democrat as I disagree with half of each of their policies in general.

Last edited:
I don't pay enough attention to her to really know.

wow all that and yet the Republicans still lost to BHO. ;)

Scary but true. It's what happens when you send RINO's out to do a man's job.

Back
Top Bottom