• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is MLB Anti-Hispanic? Should Obama/Holder Do Something?

Drake McHugh

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Of the players suspended for violating the drug policy,all but 1(Ryan Braun)are Hispanic. Surely their are more white guys doing drugs in baseball. I demand an investigation.

Of the players suspended for violating the drug policy,all but 1(Ryan Braun)are Hispanic. Surely their are more white guys doing drugs in baseball. I demand an investigation.

Race card from a likely Brewers fan. Wonderful.

Of course there are more white guys doing it. They're just not on the Biogenesis boat.

Race card from a likely Brewers fan. Wonderful.

Of course there are more white guys doing it. They're just not on the Biogenesis boat.

This, absolutely. I was disgusted to see that after all Melky Cabrera's contrite apologies last year, he still hasn't learned his lesson.

Maybe A Rod can seek asylum in Russia.

No,actually I am originally from Chicago and a nominal Cubs fan.

Then you have bigger problems than I thought. Of course, I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, so like I have room to talk.:mrgreen:

This, absolutely. I was disgusted to see that after all Melky Cabrera's contrite apologies last year, he still hasn't learned his lesson.

Melky Cabrera was already suspended for his involvement in Biogenesis last season. He didn't get suspended again.

Why does anyone watch baseball anymore? Full of cheats.

Melky Cabrera was already suspended for his involvement in Biogenesis last season. He didn't get suspended again.

He is still on the new "Under Investigation" list.

Why does anyone watch baseball anymore? Full of cheats.

I watch because I like baseball. If you like watching baseball and want to see the top athletes in the sport play, not much other choice.

I'm not defending Cabrera, but perhaps you could fill us in on what Cabrera has done this year, besides being injured most of the year, that constitutes his not having learned his lesson?

Why the hell should we get congress/the president/holder involved? We've had that happen before and it did nothing but waste our taxpayer dollars.

I don't know about MLB being anti-Hispanic - if they were, they're doing a pretty crappy job of discriminating since seems the majority of players are Hispanic now as black athletes seem to be less inclined to play the game.

As for mostly Hispanics being named, it's likely that the clinic became known in the south Florida Hispanic community and spread from one Hispanic player to another by word of mouth or perhaps even shared agents.

My problem with this whole thing is that it seems to be a manufactured scandal in many respects. Why is taking a drug, one that helps you heal faster or one that helps you get stronger faster such a scandal - isn't that what drugs and modern medicine are supposed to do? If HGH helps a player's natural healing process excelerate, why is that a bad thing? It's bad because someone, somewhere, decided it was bad.

Because the drug is illegal except for a few cases allowed by the FDA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/sports/playmagazine/20hgh-restrictions.html

Unless these guys have AIDS or some sort of growth-hormone deficiency, then it's illegal to prescribe it to them. And if any of baseball player has a growth-hormone deficiency, then my growth-hormones are none existent!
I don't know about MLB being anti-Hispanic - if they were, they're doing a pretty crappy job of discriminating since seems the majority of players are Hispanic now as black athletes seem to be less inclined to play the game.

As for mostly Hispanics being named, it's likely that the clinic became known in the south Florida Hispanic community and spread from one Hispanic player to another by word of mouth or perhaps even shared agents.

My problem with this whole thing is that it seems to be a manufactured scandal in many respects. Why is taking a drug, one that helps you heal faster or one that helps you get stronger faster such a scandal - isn't that what drugs and modern medicine are supposed to do? If HGH helps a player's natural healing process excelerate, why is that a bad thing? It's bad because someone, somewhere, decided it was bad.

Because the drug is illegal except for a few cases allowed by the FDA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/sports/playmagazine/20hgh-restrictions.html

Unless these guys have AIDS or some sort of growth-hormone deficiency, then it's illegal to prescribe it to them. And if any of baseball player has a growth-hormone deficiency, then my growth-hormones are none existent!

I didn't say they weren't illegal - I just asked why. Is HGH somehow more deadly than pot? Medicinal pot seems to be pretty trendy on the gotta-have list these days.

I have read up on the side effects, and don't really know. Perhaps there hasn't been enough long term studies on the effects?

I didn't say they weren't illegal - I just asked why. Is HGH somehow more deadly than pot? Medicinal pot seems to be pretty trendy on the gotta-have list these days.

I have read up on the side effects, and don't really know. Perhaps there hasn't been enough long term studies on the effects?

I'm of the opinion now that drugs in sports is such an overblown topic of discussion/obsession that it doesn't interest me any longer. If PEDs of all kinds were legalized and properly prescribed and regulated in the sports medicine world, you'd like avoid athletes taking them to excess and in improper doses/ways and they'd be less dangerous.

When the Olympics bans you or takes away your medal because you took a dose of Sudafed that just demonstrates to me an obsessive need to persecute for the sake of justifying testing's existence.

Honestly I don't care about PED's if they were legalized. Let them all use the drugs, assuming it won't negatively affect their health later.

I'm of the opinion now that drugs in sports is such an overblown topic of discussion/obsession that it doesn't interest me any longer. If PEDs of all kinds were legalized and properly prescribed and regulated in the sports medicine world, you'd like avoid athletes taking them to excess and in improper doses/ways and they'd be less dangerous.

When the Olympics bans you or takes away your medal because you took a dose of Sudafed that just demonstrates to me an obsessive need to persecute for the sake of justifying testing's existence.

No you wouldn't. Not even close. An athlete's mind doesn't work like yours when it comes to finding a competitive advantage. Quite a few years ago I read a book by James Mitchener called, "Sports in America" in which he cited a survey made among top university athletes. One of the questions was, "If I could give you a drug that would make you an Olympic gold medalist in your event but would kill you in 5 years, would you take it?" Most answered 'yes'.

When athletes without the access to drugs and masking measures decide it's pointless to compete, I and most sports fans will turn away and leave the field to the 'rhoid monkeys and their rabble supporters.

No you wouldn't. Not even close. An athlete's mind doesn't work like yours when it comes to finding a competitive advantage. Quite a few years ago I read a book by James Mitchener called, "Sports in America" in which he cited a survey made among top university athletes. One of the questions was, "If I could give you a drug that would make you an Olympic gold medalist in your event but would kill you in 5 years, would you take it?" Most answered 'yes'.

When athletes without the access to drugs and masking measures decide it's pointless to compete, I and most sports fans will turn away and leave the field to the 'rhoid monkeys and their rabble supporters.

Perhaps you'd like to go back to the days when the tribe just left you on the plains to die when you broke your leg.

I'd accept your somewhat purist view of things if you, yourself, didn't take drugs to speed up your own healing process or didn't take a daily vitamin or allergy medications when your sinuses get clogged, those kinds of things.

Just because high performance athletes may use supplements and drugs to improve their recovery time and performance doesn't make them "monkeys" or monsters. Are you as judgemental about actors abusing recreational drugs and alcohol? Politicians? Your neighbors and coworkers?

You, apparently, don't have time to just enjoy sports because you're so wrapped up in believing anyone who excels at a sport is obviously "juiced". For me, I just enjoy sports, I enjoy rooting for my home teams, I enjoy watching athletes do things I could never possibly accomplish, and I don't spend any time analyzing their medical or drug regimens.

Back
Top Bottom