• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Michael Avenatti innocent until proven guilty?

Is Micheal Avenatti innocent until proven guilty?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/15/6680...yer-arrested-on-allegations-of-domestic-viole

Michael Avenatti, the attorney for adult film star Stormy Daniels in her legal battles with President Trump, was arrested Wednesday following allegations of domestic violence, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
Avenatti, who has denied the allegations, was booked Wednesday afternoon on a felony domestic violence charge after police took a report on Tuesday of the alleged incident. He was released on $50,000 bail.

Yes....

But I find it weird how he admitted "she hit me first".... and is now saying I never hit a woman...

Unless I'm a victim of fake news... seems he confessed that he did hit the woman and is the cause of the injures.... it's just a question on whether he did it lawfully.

I think the entire thing is priceless. If anyone deserved to have their life turned upside down for his nefarious dealings that guy does!

Would love to see this two-bit shyster hit the rocks. LOL!

How cool would it be if he and Trump ended up being "cellies?"

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/15/6680...yer-arrested-on-allegations-of-domestic-viole

Michael Avenatti, the attorney for adult film star Stormy Daniels in her legal battles with President Trump, was arrested Wednesday following allegations of domestic violence, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.
Avenatti, who has denied the allegations, was booked Wednesday afternoon on a felony domestic violence charge after police took a report on Tuesday of the alleged incident. He was released on $50,000 bail.

Something certainly appears to have happened. 50K bond for a domestic incident seems incredibly high unless the incident was pretty damn violent. I strongly doubt he is innocent. They haven't said much other than he's been arrested, what the bond was, and the victim was given an emergency protective order. His guilt or innocence is not determined by a court of law. If he did it he is guilty - the only question that remains is whether it can be proven to others that he did it and if it can be made to convince others - whether or not he can buy his way out of it like most in his type of position do. Also he is now a figure in the world of politics. The way America works these days his culpability will be determined by the political lean of those judging him.

Avenatti is a Democrat and an anti-Trump activist. He is innocent period. If they found his fingerprints on her neck and his DNA on her chin he’d still be innocent and Mueller would be tasked to find whoever set him up.

Something certainly appears to have happened. 50K bond for a domestic incident seems incredibly high unless the incident was pretty damn violent. I strongly doubt he is innocent. They haven't said much other than he's been arrested, what the bond was, and the victim was given an emergency protective order. His guilt or innocence is not determined by a court of law. If he did it he is guilty - the only question that remains is whether it can be proven to others that he did it and if it can be made to convince others - whether or not he can buy his way out of it like most in his type of position do. Also he is now a figure in the world of politics. The way America works these days his culpability will be determined by the political lean of those judging him.

I wasn't asking what you thought happened. I asked if he is innocent until proven guilty. Any supporter of a free society where everyone deserves due process would say yes.

I wasn't asking what you thought happened. I asked if he is innocent until proven guilty. Any supporter of a free society where everyone deserves due process would say yes.

No one in America - our justice system included - treats those reasonably believed to have committed a violent crime as innocent. That is why he was arrested - and posted bond - and has articles written ect. No one is innocent or guilty based off of proof. If he committed the act he is guilty regardless of whether or not he wins in court.

Avenatti is a Democrat and an anti-Trump activist. He is innocent period. If they found his fingerprints on her neck and his DNA on her chin he’d still be innocent and Mueller would be tasked to find whoever set him up.

Do you really believe he is innocent or are you just trolling the thread? Do you also really believe that Mueller will be investigating this incident? Pretty sure no, you are just trolling and rather than admit you believe he is guilty you are simply just trolling the thread with BS in an attempt to side step your partisan hypocrisy. Let me know if I am wrong though.

He is innocent until proven guilty. That is what America is about.

Do you really believe he is innocent or are you just trolling the thread? Do you also really believe that Mueller will be investigating this incident? Pretty sure no, you are just trolling and rather than admit you believe he is guilty you are simply just trolling the thread with BS in an attempt to side step your partisan hypocrisy. Let me know if I am wrong though.

I'm not trolling the thread at all. It is possible that I'm trolling all the "Believe Her!" knuckleheads who are trying to avoid treating Avenatti the way they treated Kavanaugh. Yeah, I just might be doing that.

He should have paid the woman off.

I'm not trolling the thread at all. It is possible that I'm trolling all the "Believe Her!" knuckleheads who are trying to avoid treating Avenatti the way they treated Kavanaugh. Yeah, I just might be doing that.

You are claiming not to be trolling the thread and yet admitting trolling the thread in the very same post. Troll those "knuckleheads" all you want but it doesn't change you do the exact same thing. The difference you will probably notice is that Avenatti is facing criminal charges - not simply a job interview for what equates to a promotion - and very few, if anyone, is standing by Avenatti the way you stand behind rapists and pedophiles. Just because you sell out your morals for political gain doesn't mean everyone does.

You are claiming not to be trolling the thread and yet admitting trolling the thread in the very same post. Troll those "knuckleheads" all you want but it doesn't change you do the exact same thing. The difference you will probably notice is that Avenatti is facing criminal charges - not simply a job interview for what equates to a promotion - and very few, if anyone, is standing by Avenatti the way you stand behind rapists and pedophiles. Just because you sell out your morals for political gain doesn't mean everyone does.

"Rapists and pedophiles"? Such as who? Kavanaugh?

You're having a very good day here.

I’m absolutely no fan of Avenatti. He comes across as a bilious narcissistic opportunist.

That being said, he is innocent until proven otherwise.

Jmo

You WHO?

WHO has defended rapists or pedophiles?

He is innocent until proven guilty. You know like how you conservatives spewed about Kavanaugh. And if he is found guilty, the democrats would NOT defend him. Look at how the democrats demanded Al Franken resign over a silly photo with a whore. It is the far right conservatives who continue to defend perverts like trump. kavanaugh and roy moore. Remember how so called 'evangelists' in Alabama preferred a pedophile to a democrat?

I'm right there with you. Our side never waivers on innocent until proven guilty, but theirs sure does. Just look at their projection.

Bingo!

:mrgreen:

He is innocent until proven guilty. You know like how you conservatives spewed about Kavanaugh. And if he is found guilty, the democrats would NOT defend him. Look at how the democrats demanded Al Franken resign over a silly photo with a whore. It is the far right conservatives who continue to defend perverts like trump. kavanaugh and roy moore. Remember how so called 'evangelists' in Alabama preferred a pedophile to a democrat?

Wow... victim shame much?

Back
Top Bottom