• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is making anti Jewish comments bigoted? [W:53]

Re: Is making anti Jewish comments bigoted?

you live in a nation of 5% of planet earth, at odds with the rest of the planet and drunk out of its mind on double standards and lies.

i dont think you represent the moral arbiter or "intellectually honest"

Intellectual honesty requires no arbiter, moral or otherwise.

....If you walk on the street and a jew trips you, and you fall, you are allowed to say: Screw you, you dirty jew, you tripped me; It's not a bigoted statement because you addressing him, the asshole who tripped you. ....

Wrong. Calling that person a "dirty Jew" instead of "jerk" indicates that you think that there is something wrong with being a Jew and/or that the act of tripping you was characteristic of Jews.

Most bigots are unable to understand the parameters of bigotry and often honestly, but wrongly, deny their bigotry.

Moderator's Warning:
Lets cut out the trolling and personal attacks

Wrong. Calling that person a "dirty Jew" instead of "jerk" indicates that you think that there is something wrong with being a Jew and/or that the act of tripping you was characteristic of Jews.

Most bigots are unable to understand the parameters of bigotry and often honestly, but wrongly, deny their bigotry.

Actually no.

I already said. If you enter a fight with a midget, you have no obligation to get on your knees to fight fairly. You use all the tools in your toolbag to win.
Same thing here. If someone offends you or in any way crosses you, you should have the full fledged force of your arsenal to deal with them as you see fit.

You are not a bigot unless you start it based on reasons like ethnicity, sexuality, race ,etc.

You could make the argument that the jew tripped you because you weren't jewish, in which case, the jew is the bigot. And yes, jews can be bigots too.

I can be a bigot without being racist: The Russians are the stupidest people on the planet and they're White like me.........................
My wife is Russian and she has a Masters degree.

I don't see things that way.

If someone offended you, you are well in your rights to use anything as ammunition against him.

Like if a midget would try and attack you, just because he's a midget doesn't mean you have to get on your knees to fight him fairly.
So if a jew would trip you (ofc, this was a silly example) or does anything vs you, you are well within your rights to use any and all ammunition against him. Just like against anyone else.

To put it in a context you'd see fitting.
If you had a french friend and you'd be walking down the street, and you'd get ambushed by some people. Your french friend would just surrender instead of trying to help you, you'd be well within your rights to use anything you can against him for the rest of his life. "cheese eating surrender monkey" comes to mind. Normally, that would be a very offensive and bigoted statement, but since you are well within your rights to use it, it's not.

But you're implying its in a Jews nature to trip people for no reason.

I mean, you can't be serious.

maybe it is as bigoted as defending every political action of israel

there should be a balance l think

But you're implying its in a Jews nature to trip people for no reason.

I mean, you can't be serious.

No. I am saying that ethnicity, race, religion, all these things that should be taboo to comment on are fair game in a hostile situation.

Now of course, the example of tripping people is a juvenile example meant to exemplify a point. The point is that if someone does something aggravating to you, you, as the victim/defender have the right to invoke anything in order to make your defense without it being considered bigoted, racist or whatever.

It is the assailant, if he has targeted you for racial/religious or other such reasons, that is the bigot. You using that to defend yourself, and taking advantage of it or abusing it, is not bigoted in any manner.

So lets roleplay a bit. You're a jew and you attack me:
-I am a jew and I will attack you now you asshole! aaargggh! (proceed to attacking me)
And I say:
-You're a ben zona and I ****ed your mother's koos last night.

It's perfectly legitimate and I cannot be considered a bigot in any way since you are the aggressor. If I can use mental warfare on you, I shall do that. Not that in a real life situation that will happen because assailants never reveal their identity or intentions and street fights end most of the times in under 15s, but this was an exercise. A roleplay if you will. Think of it as monkey island (real life edition).

is making anti muslim comment or anti any nation bigoted ?

It boils down to terminology. If you are anti-Judaism for solely theological reasons, then you probably aren't a bigot. If you are anti-Jewish, then you are an anti-Semite as the word "Jewish" on its own typically refers to the ethnicity. If you are anti-Zionist, then you are not necessarily a bigot so long as you don't exaggerate or misrepresent what Israel actually does. Plenty of anti-Zionists are bigots because they do said things. Definitions and context are what's relevant to determining whether or not a comment that pertains to Jewish culture is anti-Semitic or not.

I am anti-Judaism. I think that infant circumcision is an act of unwarranted cruelty and should be made illegal. One of my favorite foods is a bacon cheeseburger. I believe that most of the laws and stories of the Torah are brutish and superstitious.

I am not anti-Jewish. I don't believe that the media and government are being secretly manipulated by Jews, and I don't believe that Jews as an ethnic group are any morally different from anyone else. I am Jewish, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom