• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Lindsey Graham right that someone should Assassinate Pooten?

Is Lindsey Graham right that someone should Assassinate Pooten?

• Yes, Assassination is the only way to stop a madman such as Pooten.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • No, Assassination will only throw Russia into Chaos & possibly someone worse will take over.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Maybe, It appears Pooten has his eye on world domination.

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • No, Pooten is responding to valid threats, from having a democracy right next door.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Lindsey Graham is likely to oppose his own statement before you know it.

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • How about Seal Team 6?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, explain.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Russia is only responding to the Nazi's next door.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I see your point. I would make an exception for a leader committing war crimes. Not sure how that would be sanctioned though.
Yeah - but maybe not even then (dunno) - the crimes would have to be reprehensible to most nations, generating near unanimous "righteous anger" among all, as I noted in my response to Enigma.

It's definitely a subject deserving a lot of deliberation first, I'm thinking.

Exactly. The thought is mind boggling. I don't even think that Pooten has the support of his people that Hitler had.
The information seems so scant, but suggestive this might be true. I wonder just how little his support truly is among his own people?

I don't know, it seems superficial to openly say, we're going to drop bombs and or sanction innocent people until they suffer a slow agonizing death by starvation so that he feels sorry for them, but it's uncouth to say, just kill the bastard who's responsible for it. Why are we worried about how that comes across? I guess I'm not one of the bright ones but that's ok, watching Ukraine get plumed slowly like some sick reality show does impede your mind.

Ok then so anyone who doesn't have a problem with this should be fine when any other politician from another country calls for the assassination of the US President.

You can't just call for the assassination of world leaders.

I know - and I thought about him. Maybe if the leader has made himself so loathed and hated by most nations - as Hitler certainly did, that that would be an exception to the general rule. And truthfully, it wasn't just his generals who were gunning for him, the United States had him in their sights too, as did Churchill and Stalin. I think in a situation like that, when a head of state makes himself an enemy of EVERY nation it becomes an entirely different story. ;)
You don't think Putin is hated by about just ever nation now? Seriously?

Ok then so anyone who doesn't have a problem with this should be fine when any other politician from another country calls for the assassination of the US President.

You can't just call for the assassination of world leaders.
Yeah you need to keep your plans secret. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah you need to keep your plans secret. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just imagine the outrage that would be unleashed if a high ranking member of parliament in the UK made a statement that the US president should be assassinated by some random US nutjob?
It's an insane statement to make and should force him to step down from public office but of course, he won't because nothing matters anymore for Republicans.

You don't think Putin is hated by about just ever nation now? Seriously?
I didn't say that.

Is he, or are his actions comparable to Adolf Hitler though? And is the level of animosity towards him at the same level as it was towards Hitler?

Look, I don't like the guy nor do I support him or what he's doing right now - not in the least. But it's hyperbole imho to be comparing him to Hitler. That's all.

I didn't say that.

Is he, or are his actions comparable to Adolf Hitler though? And is the level of animosity towards him at the same level as it was towards Hitler?

Look, I don't like the guy nor do I support him or what he's doing right now - not in the least. But it's hyperbole imho to be comparing him to Hitler. That's all.

He's close enough for me. He's butchering civilians and is doing no different than Hitler did in the early stages of WWII running rough shod over a country. Perhaps the concentration camps will come later?

You honestly have no problem with politicians calling for assassinations?
That's all fine now?
Better one evil removed than countless innocent civilians and children in my opinion.

Is Lindsey Graham right that someone should Assassinate Pooten? While it may be the only way to stop the madman, he's calling on Russians to do the dirty. How easy is it for Russians to get near him? I'm sure he has a food taster.

Assassination is dangerous foreign policy. We don't wanna open that can of worms.

How would you feel if you were being bombed randomly, family members dying, your home destroyed, running for shelter in underground rail stations with babies in tow? Would you not want the people or the military to rise up against this type of evil?

He's close enough for me. He's butchering civilians and is doing no different than Hitler did in the early stages of WWII running rough shod over a country. Perhaps the concentration camps will come later?
15 years in prison for publicly disparaging him or the war effort is getting pretty close, if not actually there.

Is Lindsey Graham right that someone should Assassinate Pooten? While it may be the only way to stop the madman, he's calling on Russians to do the dirty. How easy is it for Russians to get near him? I'm sure he has a food taster.

There was no option to choose from that says we shouldn't do it because it's an international standard that we don't. If another country turns around and does it to us or one of our allies, then they have no room to complain.

How would you feel if you were being bombed randomly, family members dying, your home destroyed, running for shelter in underground rail stations with babies in tow? Would you not want the people or the military to rise up against this type of evil?
You mean what the Kiev government was doing to the eastern regions of Ukraine as far backs as 2014?

Better one evil removed than countless innocent civilians and children in my opinion.
Yes, but that's not what we're talking about. At issue is the wisdom in assassinating a foreign head of state - and by extension perhaps, when such a decision might actually be a good thing rather than opening a can of worms, the consequences of which may be worse.

Ditto! But he's always been a moron. And I expect him to say the opposite any day now.
Agree, that was my vote.

3fst1l.jpg

Is there a law of not asking dumb****questions?
If there was, you'd have broke it. My position is we don't have a dog in this hunt, in the very least, until Europe steps up and throws money and bodies at the situation. The time for the US to carry the financial burden and blood sacrifice for the rest of the worlds security needs to stop.

I must admit, I've thought it more than once. When one man is killing this many people, and ruining this many lives I'm sure it crosses a lot of peoples minds. I don't blame him for saying it.
I don't blame him for thinking it. It was politically stupid to say it out loud.

Back
Top Bottom