• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Lady Liberty actually a dude?

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Is Lady Liberty actually a dude? | New York Post

Faux Noise, a non-winner of a Pulitizer and without any news bureaus anywhere in the world reports as an exclusive major news story………..Is the statue of Liberty a Transgender and questions the motives of The French………..

“Fox News took time over the holiday weekend to assure viewers that a recent theory suggesting the State of Liberty was modeled after a man could not be true.

……..“Going through photos he had in his files of his brother, I started to look at the face more carefully, and it really did look to be like Liberty,” author Elizabeth Mitchell told the New York Post.
“But on Sunday, Fox & Friends spoke to New York University Professor Edward Berenson to assuage concerns that Lady Liberty could be a man presenting as a woman. “Is Lady Liberty actually a man?” Fox News host Peter Doocy asked, sounding shocked……….

“Is it possible the Statue of Liberty transcends both masculinity and femininity?” co-host Anna Kooiman wondered. “That it’s just a symbol of liberty?”............

Will this affect the diplomatic relationship between France and the US?

Maybe Faux should send some reports to ask some prominent public officials!..............

Oh I forgot…………. Faux does not have any field reporters………….

God damn French, we shoulda known.

They got us!

Faux Noise, a non-winner of a Pulitizer and without any news bureaus anywhere in the world reports as an exclusive major news story………..Is the statue of Liberty a Transgender and questions the motives of The French………..

“Fox News took time over the holiday weekend to assure viewers that a recent theory suggesting the State of Liberty was modeled after a man could not be true.

……..“Going through photos he had in his files of his brother, I started to look at the face more carefully, and it really did look to be like Liberty,” author Elizabeth Mitchell told the New York Post.
“But on Sunday, Fox & Friends spoke to New York University Professor Edward Berenson to assuage concerns that Lady Liberty could be a man presenting as a woman. “Is Lady Liberty actually a man?” Fox News host Peter Doocy asked, sounding shocked……….

“Is it possible the Statue of Liberty transcends both masculinity and femininity?” co-host Anna Kooiman wondered. “That it’s just a symbol of liberty?”............

Maybe Faux should send some reports to ask some prominent public officials!..............

Lady Liberty is probably a bio-chick. Boob jobs didn't exist in 1875.

Modelled after a guy's face? Maybe. That wasn't uncommon at the time, actually, to use models who may or may not have been the same sex as the figure you were depicting. It's not the most stereotypical hyper-feminine face in the world, it's true.

But then, not all real women have stereotypically hyper-feminine faces either. That's why it's a stereotype. And people who model real human bodies for a living understand that. She can be a chick and be sharp-featured at the same time. Her job is not to be a pin-up model. It's to represent liberty.

This idea that anything not stereotypically hyper-whatever obviously cannot be that thing is really annoying.

Lady Liberty is probably a bio-chick. Boob jobs didn't exist in 1875.

Modelled after a guy's face? Maybe. That wasn't uncommon at the time, actually, to use models who may or may not have been the same sex as the figure you were depicting. It's not the most stereotypical hyper-feminine face in the world, it's true.

But then, not all real women have stereotypically hyper-feminine faces either. That's why it's a stereotype. And people who model real human bodies for a living understand that. She can be a chick and be sharp-featured at the same time. Her job is not to be a pin-up model. It's to represent liberty.

This idea that anything not stereotypically hyper-whatever obviously cannot be that thing is really annoying.

Can you explain why France has just recalled their ambassador......

Can you explain why France has just recalled their ambassador......

No. I don't really care, and I seriously doubt it's due to some kind of 150-year-old conspiracy to send a trans female with medical treatments from the future to America so they could watch us panic over it in the next millennium.

This is ridiculous. Are you serious?

Yet another Yoda spam thread. :roll:

You know you don't get special internet points for starting worthless threads right?

Yet another Yoda spam thread. :roll:

Every once in a while I am reminded why I have some people on Ignore. Nothing to see here folks, go outside and watch the Fireworks.

Why people gotta be grumps? This is funny as hell. It's like when FoxNews was all "don't worry, Jesus was white!!" And "don't worry, Santa was white!!" Now it's "don't worry, The Statue is a biological woman!!"

****in' hilarious.

I think Lady Liberty's face was based on the likeness of the sculptor's mother.

Someone needs to sneak a peek under the toga.

I suggest we enlist Casper.

Back
Top Bottom