• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Kamala Harris the real nominee?

Is Kamala Harris the real nominee?

• No. Joe Biden will serve out his term.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Yes. Biden will step aside to make Harris the President.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Meh. Too speculative.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Where is that remote?

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jay59

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Many think that Joe Biden will not finish his term if elected, making Harris the President. That would make Harris the de facto candidate.

Do you believe this is a reasonable expectation?

Many think that Joe Biden will not finish his term if elected, making Harris the President. That would make Harris the de facto candidate.

Why is that? He seems pretty healthy.

Statistically speaking, based on his age and mortality rates, he as about a 10-15% chance of not making it for his full term.

Statistically speaking, based on his age and mortality rates, he as about a 10-15% chance of not making it for his full term.
I wouldn't know. Do you have a reference?

I wouldn't know. Do you have a reference?

Meh, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Google "mortality rate by age". The numbers are out there.

I think the only way Joe would step aside would be for some life threatening and debilitating health problem in himself or possibly with his wife.

But it is fun to have wild and rampant speculation on all sorts of crazy possibilities.

Woo Hoo!

The theory is that he will step aside, perhaps as part of a deal.

That said, the Social Security actuarial table gives a 22.3262% chance that he will not survive to the end of the term. This is using age 78, his age at inauguration. The same table gives Trump 16.6343% of expiring in office. This all assumes average health for the age.

???

Fast forward to 2:00...

Biden has a stutter and had difficulty over that word. (I have a stutter as well, so I know exactly what happened there).

Having a minor speech impediment has nothing to do with your health and doesn't effect your mortality rate.

That said, the Social Security actuarial table gives a 22.3262% chance that he will not survive to the end of the term. This is using age 78, his age at inauguration. The same table gives Trump 16.6343% of expiring in office. This all assumes average health for the age.
Yet, from appearances, Trump appears to be of less than average health. So his expectancy could easily be on par with Bidens. 6% chance difference in risk of dying isn't really that huge to begin with.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Oh, yes!

They won't say it in public, but many voters expect Ms. Harris to become the President before 2024.

That's why millions and millions of people will be proudly voting for the Biden-Harris ticket on November 3.

They are absolutely thrilled that we will soon have another President (and a woman to boot!) from a certain ethnicity.

Meh, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Google "mortality rate by age". The numbers are out there.
If you're going to make a claim, particularly a quantitative one, you should be prepared to provide evidence.

But that being said, with Jay59 stepping forward you may indeed be right.

Alright buddy, thanks. I'll accept your numbers without a link, as you are usually a straight shooter with me. Thanks! I am a bit blown away by this, though. Those are pretty tough numbers!

If you're going to make a claim, particularly a quantitative one, you should be prepared to provide evidence.

But that being said, with Jay59 stepping forward you may indeed be right. Alright buddy, thanks. I'll accept your numbers without a link, as you are usually a straight shooter with me. Thanks! I am a bit blown away by this, though. Those are pretty tough numbers!
Actuarial Life Table

If you want a hard one, try RBG, born 1933.

I'm "prepared" to. I just don't want to because I don't care even a little bit if you believe it.

Sheer lunacy.

Biden's ego is too large to resign the presidency.

None of this matters anyway because Trump will be reelected.

Sheer lunacy. Biden's ego is too large to resign the presidency.
The guy has brown nose lackey embossed on his business cards. He'll do what he's told.

None of this matters anyway because Trump will be reelected.
True, but the mental exercise is always worth doing.

Biden has no say in the matter, he never has done, lets be frank, nobody liked Harris when she was a nominee, why would they like her now and knowing thats she's likely to be the president if Biden wins will put a lot of people off. Bidens stutter is acceptable to most people but if he cant finish a sentence, he seems to start one sentence before he has finished the other and he does this all the time, thats not normal.

Have to laugh.What makes you think Biden has a chance in hell of beating Trump?

Have to laugh.What makes you think Biden has a chance in hell of beating Trump?

You are Right.

Citizen Joe Biden doesn't "have a chance in Hell" of beating Trump.

Hell is Trump territory, Lucifer is not about to let his most favored scum bag minion, Donald Trump, go down to Citizen Joe Biden.

:2wave:

As does Trump should he win. So should this be considered a race between Pence and Harris?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You've heard him speak and think his mental health is ok? Secondly, if Biden wins he would need to sleep with one eye open because after seeing months of race riots it doesnt take a rocket scientist to piece together the fastest way to get Harris as the POTUS.

Harris in charge of our Nuclear weapons arsenal?

Wow!

Back
Top Bottom