• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Kamala Harris the real nominee?

Is Kamala Harris the real nominee?

• No. Joe Biden will serve out his term.

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Yes. Biden will step aside to make Harris the President.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Meh. Too speculative.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Where is that remote?

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Better to have a stuttering and stammering somewhat tongue tied at times President Joe Biden over a lying while stuttering and stammering or mispronouncing and often not even understanding what he is saying ersatz Donald Trump, any day of the week.

Sleep with one eye open?

After months of race riots?

Wow.

Talk about Right Wing wet dream fantasies.

Trump Stupid's are such a hoot!

:lamo

Harris in charge of our Nuclear weapons arsenal?

Wow!

I have no problem with that. My GOD we have survived so far with Donny Dip Stick in charge of them and he is not any stable genius, despite how many times he claims he is.

Person
Woman
Man
Camera
TV

He can spot the elephant.

There it is >>>>>> ELEPHANT

Why would anyone be worried about sane and rational politically well informed Kamala Harris being in charge of our nuclear arsenal?

If we have survived stupid Trump and his courtships with communists being in charge it would be a great relief for either Joe Biden or possibly Kamala Harris being in charge of the Nuclear Football.

The theory is that he will step aside, perhaps as part of a deal.

That said, the Social Security actuarial table gives a 22.3262% chance that he will not survive to the end of the term. This is using age 78, his age at inauguration. The same table gives Trump 16.6343% of expiring in office. This all assumes average health for the age.

Actuarial Life Table

If you want a hard one, try RBG, born 1933.

Biased sample.

Current and former presidents and VPs have access to some of the best healthcare that money can buy. That increases their expected survival by several years.

I know the far right is obsessed with the idea that Joe will die soon, but their pathological wishing does not make it so.

Given Biden’s age I’d guess Harris stands a better chance than most of becoming President. That however doesn’t make her the candidate.

You've heard him speak and think his mental health is ok?
In comparison to the current President, absolutely. I believe Joe's heart is in the right place. I don't believe that with Trump.

Secondly, if Biden wins he would need to sleep with one eye open because after seeing months of race riots it doesnt take a rocket scientist to piece together the fastest way to get Harris as the POTUS.[/QUOTE]

Biased sample. Current and former presidents and VPs have access to some of the best healthcare that money can buy. That increases their expected survival by several years. I know the far right is obsessed with the idea that Joe will die soon, but their pathological wishing does not make it so.
Meh. It was a dirty thumb estimate from stock figures, because someone else raised the issue.

The right does not obsess about Joe Biden dying in office. The right believes he is in cognitive decline. I am less convinced. Biden has always fumbled words.

In comparison to the current President, absolutely.
Above said, I tend to agree more than disagree. He certainly does not have Trump's energy.

I believe Joe's heart is in the right place. I don't believe that with Trump.
I'm opposite. I find Biden to be completely mercenary. In comparison, Trump has followed through on the bulk of his promises. If he has not succeeded, eg with ACA, it was not for lack of effort.

Secondly, if Biden wins he would need to sleep with one eye open because after seeing months of race riots it doesnt take a rocket scientist to piece together the fastest way to get Harris as the POTUS.
Hence the OP. If it were truly that conspiratory, they would wait just over two years. This would allow Harris to finish the term and run twice more.

Last edited:
Many think that Joe Biden will not finish his term if elected, making Harris the President. That would make Harris the de facto candidate.

Do you believe this is a reasonable expectation?

Donald Trump is a morbidly obese, mentally disturbed, feeble old man that cannot walk down a ramp without assistance and cannot even walk more than a few dozen feet without having to get into a golf cart. Moreover, it's obvious from his golfing pictures that he has lost bowel control and wears adult diapers.

Joe Biden is a lean guy, that is very fit for his age and still goes out riding bikes. Hell, he was still running up until a couple of years ago. So why are you more concerned about Biden's health than Trump's?

Have to laugh.What makes you think Biden has a chance in hell of beating Trump?

The fact that Trump has to engage in voter suppression and his RETARDED supporters approve of this. Trump supporters belong in jail or a psychiatric institution for the mentally insane.

Donald Trump is a morbidly obese, mentally disturbed, feeble old man that cannot walk down a ramp without assistance and cannot even walk more than a few dozen feet without having to get into a golf cart. Moreover, it's obvious from his golfing pictures that he has lost bowel control and wears adult diapers. Joe Biden is a lean guy, that is very fit for his age and still goes out riding bikes. Hell, he was still running up until a couple of years ago. So why are you more concerned about Biden's health than Trump's?
This has nothing to do with Biden's physical health, though the point has been raised. The point is whether he is running with the intent to step aside and let his VP step. In my personal circle, this theory has left wing support, not right wing.

Meh. It was a dirty thumb estimate from stock figures, because someone else raised the issue.

The right does not obsess about Joe Biden dying in office.
:2funny:

They won't shut up about it, because they're terrified of a Kamala Harris presidency! :lol:

They won't shut up about it, because they're terrified of a Kamala Harris presidency! :lol:
:2funny: OMG

It's hilarious anyone would think that, much less say it.:lamo

The theory is that he will step aside, perhaps as part of a deal.

That said, the Social Security actuarial table gives a 22.3262% chance that he will not survive to the end of the term. This is using age 78, his age at inauguration. The same table gives Trump 16.6343% of expiring in office. This all assumes average health for the age.

Could you please tell me whose theory this is?

:2funny: OMG

It's hilarious anyone would think that, much less say it.:lamo

Thank you for making my point with such an emotional response. Please proceed. :)

Could you please tell me whose theory this is?
This is not a theory. It's a simple fact that over one fourth of all people die between 75 and 84, more than any other ten year span.

This is from the male actuarial table from the Social Security website. Apply it to Biden (age 78) in 2021 and Trump (age 74). The first column is age and the second is likelihood of dying that year. Simply add four years and shift the decimal two places to express as %.

74 0.032394
75 0.035668
76 0.039396
77 0.043453
78 0.047826
79 0.052649
80 0.058206
81 0.064581
Actuarial Life Table

:2funny:

I think everbody should be terrified of a Kamala Harris presidency.

Wouldn't be surprised if Biden chose to do only one term. I don't think he's fulfilling his life's ambition to be president anymore - age erodes that drive. But he probably recognizes he's got a second chance and can at least be a steward on the republic's road back to normal before handing over to younger blood.

He's likely chosen someone whom he sees as a potential successor. On the other hand most recent VP picks - Bush's, Obama's (which was Biden of course) and Trump's - were all picks to bring some of the base over, or much-needed experience, but to stay as second fiddle.

Back
Top Bottom