• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Kamala far left, or a little bit Dirty Harry? Or both?

Anybody remember the Dirty Harry movies from the 70s? If you've never seen them, check them out. Good stuff.
Anyway, some people say she's actually to the left of Bernie, but her prosecutorial record here in CA says she's pretty damned law and order.

Who is the real Kamala?

Note that Biden didn't nominate any black woman when he nominated Harris. It had to be a progressive, black woman. I'll wager Michelle turned down the nomination, quite earlier.

I stopped reading after "you". Don't make this about me and skip the personal attacks which are boring. Stick to the thread topic or we're done.

It has to be rough when you can't defend your own messiah.

Anybody remember the Dirty Harry movies from the 70s? If you've never seen them, check them out. Good stuff.
Anyway, some people say she's actually to the left of Bernie, but her prosecutorial record here in CA says she's pretty damned law and order.

Who is the real Kamala?

She's put too many people in jail to be far left.

Well lets see...

She wants to raise everyone's TAX's.... ....EVERYONE"S!
SHE wants open borders.
She does not want to deport anyone who crossed the border illegally
She wants to abolish private health insurance and replace it with government health care (no thank you...leave my healthcare alone please)
She once compared Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to the Ku Klux Klan....what does that tell you about where she stands on law enforcement?
She supports the radical "green new deal"

She is a radical and I hope like hell her and dementia Joe do not get elected.......judging by having watched the last two nights of Democratic convention...Trump will get reelected in a landslide.

Wrong. She just wants to raise taxes on the rich.
No Democrat advocates for open borders. That's just a strawman Republicans say Democrats are for.
No Democrat supports doing away with deportation. That's silly.
What Harris wants is Medicare for All. That would be a single payer system. If you like your present insurance, then you like overpaying, because Medicare is far less expensive. There will also need to be supplemental private policies, just like now.
I don't know if she compared Immigration officers to the KKK, but compared to the crazy shid Trump says, like praising Nazis, Harris is tame.
I don't know if Harris supported the Green New Deal, but if she did GOOD! It's a great idea to revitalize our economy that's dependent on fossil fuels.

I stopped reading after "you". Don't make this about me and skip the personal attacks which are boring. Stick to the thread topic or we're done.

The next few words were, "You, as a Trump supporter..."

But I agree, calling someone a Trump supporter is disparaging. Glad that you admit it.

But I agree, calling someone a Trump supporter is disparaging. Glad that you admit it.

Good bye.

And the heathens were crushed and driven into the desert.

Dirty Harry would be a terrible cop for the real world. He only looks good because the director purposely paints the world in terms of black and white.

Well, that and the people he shot and killed in the movies were over-the-top openly violent criminals and serial killers.

Well, that and the people he shot and killed in the movies were over-the-top openly violent criminals and serial killers.

Policing would be very easy if we had more 2-dimensional bad guys.

Policing would be very easy if we had more 2-dimensional bad guys.

To the movies' credit, we never saw Dirty Harry pulling over someone for speeding and shooting them later saying that he thought the victim was going for a non-existent gun, or stopping and frisking some young black kids, scaring and humiliating them for walking through a nice San Francisco neighborhood where they "didn't belong".

Last edited:
To the movies' credit, we never saw Dirty Harry pulling over someone for speeding and shooting them later saying that he thought the victim was going for a non-existent gun, or stopping and frisking some young black kids walking through a nice San Francisco neighborhood where they didn't belong.

You make an excellent point.

OTOH, he was a detective, not a street monster.

She's certainly not "far left" - frankly i doubt many conservatives even understand the term anymore or just our far "far" is. She's center left, like Biden and the old guard of the party, because they've clearly decided a slow steady approach is the best strategy against Trump. But I do hope that if she eventually becomes president she will move a little further to the progressive side than she is now.

She's certainly not "far left" - frankly i doubt many conservatives even understand the term anymore or just our far "far" is. She's center left, like Biden and the old guard of the party, because they've clearly decided a slow steady approach is the best strategy against Trump. But I do hope that if she eventually becomes president she will move a little further to the progressive side than she is now.

She was ranked as the 4th most progressive senator by voting record.

By means of comparison, Sanders was #10.

Based upon what? Please provide evidence of that statement.

Access Denied

"Sen. Kamala Harris’ voting record has one of the Senate’s most liberal throughout her three years in Congress, according to congressional watchdog groups."

There were others that were just as liberal but, they aren't the VP nominee.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom