• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Justin Trudeau Racist?

Is Justin Trudeau Racist?

• Total voters
I don't know if Trudeau is or not. I honestly don't care if anyone throws on makeup and act like they're a different skin color. If someone who does it and is truly racist, we would know. If it's simply for cosplay, it's harmless and not worth anyone's time wondering.

With that said, it's funny that people like Trudeau, who are ALL Leftists, are the ones doing this. They like to point out how people to the Right of them (Right wing or Middle) are such bad racist white supremacists or Uncle Toms, but whenever something that involves THEM as appearing racist, they rush out quickly and say "WELL, IT WAS A PARTY AND TEQUILA WAS INVOLVED AND ONE THING LED TO ANOTHER, BUT WE'RE NOT LIKE THAT!" Then people do some digging and find out how racist these Leftists actually are. Ralph Northam, the baby killing advocate whose now the Democrat governor of Virginia, had put on black face, and is believed to have some racist tendencies. His opponent for the governor's race was black, and that same black tried to shake Northam's hand a few times and Northam hardly ever did it. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? I wonder what else we'll find out about Trudeau.

"WELL TRUDEAU APOLOGIZED FOR HIS BROWN FACE!" Yet he's known about it for nearly 20 years? Yeah, don't give me that. Sadly, knowing how the media and Left operates, they'll bury this story because they don't care if he is or isn't racist, so long as he pushes the Leftist agenda along in Canada. They buried the Northam story and the guy got away with it, even after admitting that he did. Interesting how hypocrisy never sticks to the Left because of how the media reports it, even though the people of the Left are the WORST offenders of hypocrisy. Doesn't surprise me though because the media is ran by the Left, but it's still interesting. Although the Left will never admit to it, like the Left won't admit that they're the ones being racist and sexist towards white men.

Ooooh.. how are we "sexist towards white men:? Do tell! I'm on the edge of my seat!

Your post was very entertaining, by the way.. it was like watching trump describe his wall yesterday. Did you know that he had "20 world-class mountain climbers test his wall"? I mean.. only people like you can make this kind of stuff up :)

What he did was a long time ago and I do not think reflects on who he is as a person today and as a leader.

Of course he shouldn’t have done it, it was acceptable to do such things back then and black face as a party costume such as Jamaican bobsled team died out and became completely unacceptable sometime after 2010, of course it shouldn’t have been acceptable, not something I’ve done but he did it, unlike someone like Trump he’s owned it, he’s apologized and I think in the long term it won’t really affect him, I’m more concerned of his failure to deliver electoral reform and the allegations of interference in a criminal investigation.

I voted "no".

It takes more than just playing dress up to be a racist. If your words and actions included calling countries where people of color live, "****hole" countries, or telling American citizens of color to "go back to the crime infested countries they came from", or inspiring a racist mob to scream "send them back", well then yes.

Has Trudeau done any of that?

Now, before you accuse me of "whataboutism" please note I was simply citing examples of what racist people do.

Trump calls a spade a spade. If a person is from a ****hole country not saying so does not change the fact that they do indeed come from a ****hole country. I mean, that's why these people are coming here. They themselves believe their countries to be ****hole countries and are trying desperately to get out. Telling a very small group of people to go back to where they came from (ok, some of them didn't actually come from there) is not racist. If he told all blacks to go back to where they came from, now that would be racist. And, it was not racist to ban Muslims from a few select terrorist countries from coming here when he let in far more Muslims from other Muslim countries. And, it is also not racist to want to keep illegalas from illegally coming into our country.

Trump calls a spade a spade. If a person is from a ****hole country not saying so does not change the fact that they do indeed come from a ****hole country. I mean, that's why these people are coming here. They themselves believe their countries to be ****hole countries and are trying desperately to get out. Telling a very small group of people to go back to where they came from (ok, some of them didn't actually come from there) is not racist. If he told all blacks to go back to where they came from, now that would be racist. And, it was not racist to ban Muslims from a few select terrorist countries from coming here when he let in far more Muslims from other Muslim countries. And, it is also not racist to want to keep illegalas from illegally coming into our country.
Uh huh. Charming [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Of course I know that... that is not the point... You didn't mean to imply that you knew him but the syntax that you used states that you do know him... I am not trolling, I am just really good at constructing and understanding English sentences that make sense and are grammatically correct.

You have yet to retract your erroneous statement that you know the guy...

No you aren't. You pretend you are. Maybe you even believe but not many others do. I haven't made any erroneous statement and I'm not retracting anything especially on the recommendation of a guy who just admitted they are trolling.

The use of the word enough simply states that I know him in some manner or something about him. Which I do.

Another example here is I know some people on here well enough to know they are trolls. I don't know them personally, but that doesn't change that I know things about them.

Trump doesn't call a spade a spade. Trump calls anyone who doesn't swear allegiance to him, or questions him in any way, or does anything he doesn't like, or has the wrong skin color, or has the wrong genitalia a spade.

No. He was an insensitive douche, but based on his behavior and his apology completely taking responsibility for the incidents, I attribute his black face to insensitive douchery rather than racism.

Nothing he has said or done before I knew about this lead me to believe he is racist.

Part of what makes a costume stand out is frequently the juxtaposition to your true self. Lily white nerdy guy dressing up as a person of color and does this in skin tone to boot? I give it a mark for being insensitive, but not racist. I buy his born into privilege remarks....

Now, if someone can show me other actions that show the racist side of him...I may change my mind.

He is a politician...does he legislate in a racist manner? Does he try to keep people of color away from services....anything?

Trudeau is worse than a racist. He is guilty of cultural appropriation. He should be burned at the stake !!!!

He said that he first saw the photograph in July and felt it should be made public.

My translation? "This should hurt his election and career."

I am not trolling

who just admitted they are trolling.

Is this an example of your reading comprehension ability?

No you aren't. You pretend you are. Maybe you even believe but not many others do.

Like who?

I haven't made any erroneous statement and I'm not retracting anything

Like the one below?

The use of the word enough simply states that I know him in some manner

Which is what I said... :lol:

except the funniest part is this:

that means that you know him:

I didn't imply I knew him.

The use of the word enough simply states that I know him in some manner

And we don't want him either... nobody does, he became such a douche bag...

He'll never leave the US. It's the only place in the world were he could become a rich celebrity.

No. He was an insensitive douche, but based on his behavior and his apology completely taking responsibility for the incidents, I attribute his black face to insensitive douchery rather than racism.

A grown adult man wearing black face. Think about this. The year is 2001. What kind of man dresses up this much?

He's been in the news lately. Just wondering what everyone thought.

Given the evidence that we've been shown. There are those, who've been called racist for much less at this point.

That and all the other crap we've seen come out about him over the last two years alone. I'd wager that he has several other skeletons that he doesn't want the world to find out about.

It's kind of funny in a disgusting sort of way to watch the crowd that tries to deny every last alleged instance of racism and shut down all conversation about it (except as that applying to literal KKK members wearing hoods on camera) are trying to word game "the left" into condemning Trudeau, especially the American left, which really doesn't have any business telling Canadian politicians what to do.

Important point: He did what one doesn't hear Republicans do. He straight-up apologized at the outset. It wasn't "deep state media plant! Obama mind control space worms! FAKE NEWS! THAT'S FAKE NEWS! YOU ARE FAKE!"

You know...the Trumpist veil of stupid dishonesty.

So once again, it's only racist when someone other then your people do it...

Go figure.

Yeah, you can stick with this idiotic double standard all you like. It doesn't really help your case.

He'll never leave the US. It's the only place in the world were he could become a rich celebrity.

Unfortunately that is true...

I honestly think people who apologize for no reason other than to appease the general public are pathetic.

I don't think black (or in this case brown) face is offensive by itself. Intent matters. Dressing up as someone with a different skin color, for instance Aladdin, is better with the right skin color. I have no problem with it, and anyone who does is over sensitive, and in most cases not actually offended or hurt in anyway, they are just looking for something to whine about due to other reasons. And in the political world it is usually party related.

I don't think he is sorry for the paint, I don't think he was trying to hurt middle eastern people somehow. I think he is sorry that there is political fallout. Any politician who gives up on what they believe to pander to voters is weak in my opinion.

I didn't listen to the entire thing, but caught on when he was talking about his kids, and other parents having to explain what happened to their kids, thought it was somewhat sincere.
If not for political gain, why make such a fuzz? Why, after all this time, is this brought up now if not for some votes from the overly pc social justice crowd?
I can't forget the Moore debacle in Al. Why, if sincere about the claims by victims, wait until after the primaries? Clever maneuver my the opposition for sure. Now, if it had been about the victims though, why the timing? Why not see through that farce? We are so easily played, swayed by emotions and the outrage we are guilted into taking part of.
Granny would say "pity the fool".

I didn't listen to the entire thing, but caught on when he was talking about his kids, and other parents having to explain what happened to their kids, thought it was somewhat sincere.
If not for political gain, why make such a fuzz? Why, after all this time, is this brought up now if not for some votes from the overly pc social justice crowd?
I can't forget the Moore debacle in Al. Why, if sincere about the claims by victims, wait until after the primaries? Clever maneuver my the opposition for sure. Now, if it had been about the victims though, why the timing? Why not see through that farce? We are so easily played, swayed by emotions and the outrage we are guilted into taking part of.
Granny would say "pity the fool".

If he genuinely believed black/brown face is racist then he either is racist and is pretending to apologize to appease those who found out. Of if he doesn't believe it is racist then there is nothing to apologize for. As for explaining to their kids, what is there to explain? I will never get that. He dressed up as a character and wanted to appear authentic. He wasn't, by anything I've seen, degrading, mocking or harming anyone. It would probably be more inappropriate to portray a character and ignore the characters heritage by deciding that (in this case) Aladdin is white. It would also be stupid (IMO) if the idea is now that people are only allowed to portray characters of their own race.

Lastly, there are no victims here. Not a single one.

I've done quite a few stupid-ass things in my younger life. Those actions have absolutely no bearing on who I am today. Anybody who says otherwise is either a proverbial saint or a liar...or have a lousy memory. :)

Now there are three of these pics from different occasions, I might have to review my earlier 'no' vote. If Trudeau did it once it could be an insensitive youthful prank. Three times? This guy needs to take a look at himself. I think under parliamentary rules his party could remove him as prime minister if his past is too much of a liability.

Should have quit after your first sentence rather than insert the lame whataboutism. It just not possible for you guys to discuss anything without injecting Trump into it.

It's relevant: regarding how a leader handles a personal scandal. Trudeau apologizes. Others deny and call it 'fake news'.

Now there are three of these pics from different occasions, I might have to review my earlier 'no' vote. If Trudeau did it once it could be an insensitive youthful prank. Three times? This guy needs to take a look at himself. I think under parliamentary rules his party could remove him as prime minister if his past is too much of a liability.
The problem is the election is less than a month away, so there is no time. Add to the mix, the Grits and the Tories are in a dead heat in the polls so do the Grits want to give Sheer anymore advantage?

Back
Top Bottom