• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Joe Biden's refusal to campaign arrogant?

Is Joe Biden's refusal to campaign arrogant?

• Total voters
You are giving Biden far too much credit. While he is not the evil wench that Hillary is, he does share some of her bad traits, though his biggest problem is his rapidly declining cognitive ability. It is that which is keeping him in his basement....not covid 19. And Biden does share Hillary's aloofness and elitism. And what Trump tantrums specifically are you referring to? Is it his Twitter tweets? Those are not tantrums. Those are Trump making use of social media to get past the media almost never giving him a fair shake. Trump did not win in 2016 based on personality. He won based on convincing enough working class Americans that he would follow through on the campaign promises he made. And he has largely followed through.As for your claim that Biden's basement strategy has worked for him, I assume that you are basing that on opinion polls.Alot of good such opinion polls did Hillary in 2016. One thing everyone should have learned from the 2016 race is that Opinion polls have a very poor track record when it comes to predicting turnout on election day for either candidate. 2016 is not the only example of that. Talk to Former Presidential candidate Michael Dukakis.He was well ahead in the polls all the way up to election night against George HW Bush, yet he was slaughtered on election night. In the 1980 and 1984 races, the polls had them too close to call all the way to election night, yet Reagan won two landslides. The second one against Modale, Reagan won every state with the exception of Mondale's home state. My point is that elections are not all about opinion polls. Nobody is ahead or behind until people actually vote.

Dukakis, I think not. Dukakis had a 17 point lead at the end of July, cut to 7 points in August, by the end of September Bush had a 5 point lead, increased to 10 at the end of October 1988. So Dukakis had lost his lead with approximately 2 months left in the campaign. That's far from leading up to the election.

Yes, 1980 was close in the polls, but 1984 wasn't. In 1984 Reagan had a 17 point lead in June, 12 at the end of July, 16 at the end of September and an 18 point lead prior to the election.

Historical polling for United States presidential elections - Wikipedia

But those races occurred in an entirely different era. No polarization and much less partisanship. The two major parties didn't hate each other back then, they recognized that both parties goal was a secure, free and prosperous America. Only their paths were different. Today, each party thinks the other party is out to destroy this country. That the other party is this nations number one enemy.

Polls let you know where things stand today, approximately where things stand as most polls have a margin of error of plus or minus 3 points. This is why I usually use RCP averages and never put all my trust in just one poll. Skewed polls happen, RCP in their averaging lessens the impact of a skewed poll.

I may be giving Biden too much credit. But the fact remains, at least in my mind if Biden can keep this election all about Trump and his personality, he wins. As I stated, if he doesn't, who knows? There also one more big difference. The number of third party voters, undecided are much smaller this year than in 2016. The number of third party/undecided for 2020 is 8%, for the same date, the end of August for 2016 20% were saying they'd vote third party or were undecided.

My point is in 2016, Trump didn't need to convince one Hillary supporter to jump her ship and come over to Trump. He had a pool of 20% at the end of August to make up at that time a 4 point Hillary lead.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein

This year at the end of August, Trump has a pool of just 8% to make up what is now a 7 point Biden lead.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

I think, at least to me, those numbers 20% and 8% are more important than any horse race numbers. They mean Trump must convince some Biden supporters to desert him and jump aboard the Trump train. Perhaps he can do that, that remains to be seen. But that is something Trump didn't need to do 4 years ago. There's no telling the strength of the support for either candidate either.

If the election were held today, it would be Biden easily. It's not. 2 more months to go and no one, imi no one can can predict the effect the corona virus will have on the voting. So far I've been treating this as a normal election, but with the pandemic, it isn't.

Maybe it was your grammar..it just came off as incoherent.

I will make a deal with you. When the left stops using sarcastic terms to describe conservatives or Trump supporters, we will return the favor.

First, I have no problem with independent voters.as I am an independent myself. However Claiming yourself as an independent does not get you off the hook for librul views. There are libruls, conservatives, and even some centrists in the so-called independent fold. Just the title of "independent" does not make you a centrist. Personally, I am into ideology, not party. If I express support for the republicans gaining seats in congress, it's to keep turds like Schumer and Pelosi from gaining too much power, and to facilitate what a conservative president wants to get done.

That sounds like a load of TDS.

However they do not enjoy many of the other rights that a true representative republic like the US does. For instance, the UK lacks a constitutional guarantee of the right to own firearms.

You really do not have a clue, do you.

So you spell liberal libural and you got a problem with my grammar?
About what I expected if you disagree with Trump you are either a Democrat, Liberal or you use bad language.

I'll make a deal with you , when Trump stops lying I will stop using sarcastic terms, I can not speak for the rest of Americans though .

Are you saying anytime my view doesn't pass the Trump Conservative Republican Right Winger test I am no longer an Independent voter?
Come on man, you gotta come better than that, I've criticized both Republican , Democrat and Indepedent on this very forum , got the post to back that upI left the Democratic party to become an Independent voter.
As far as Pelosi and Shumer yeah I say get rid of them , while you're at it kick McConnell and the rest of these old farts to the curb.
Many Independent voters have been asking for TERM LIMITS since 2000 where ya been you said you was an Independent voter??

However, while we are on the subject how many post do you have criticizing the Republican party????
Frankly I ain't seen none.

Why bother with that Constitutional rights ,just compare how many citizens of England died from COVID 19 to how many people in the U.S died from Covid 19 using %s of course, while you're at it compare where America is today dealing with this Covid 19 and where is England today.:peace

You are giving Biden far too much credit. While he is not the evil wench that Hillary is, he does share some of her bad traits, though his biggest problem is his rapidly declining cognitive ability. It is that which is keeping him in his basement....not covid 19. And Biden does share Hillary's aloofness and elitism. And what Trump tantrums specifically are you referring to? Is it his Twitter tweets? Those are not tantrums. Those are Trump making use of social media to get past the media almost never giving him a fair shake. Trump did not win in 2016 based on personality. He won based on convincing enough working class Americans that he would follow through on the campaign promises he made. And he has largely followed through.As for your claim that Biden's basement strategy has worked for him, I assume that you are basing that on opinion polls.Alot of good such opinion polls did Hillary in 2016. One thing everyone should have learned from the 2016 race is that Opinion polls have a very poor track record when it comes to predicting turnout on election day for either candidate. 2016 is not the only example of that. Talk to Former Presidential candidate Michael Dukakis.He was well ahead in the polls all the way up to election night against George HW Bush, yet he was slaughtered on election night. In the 1980 and 1984 races, the polls had them too close to call all the way to election night, yet Reagan won two landslides. The second one against Modale, Reagan won every state with the exception of Mondale's home state. My point is that elections are not all about opinion polls. Nobody is ahead or behind until people actually vote.

DOUBLE like......Common sense post's are so refreshing.
Regards,
CP

DOUBLE like......Common sense post's are so refreshing.
Regards,
CP

First of all comparing Biden to Clinton is like comparing Nixon to Eisenhower no Comparison.

Next thing ya know you'll be comparing Trump's achievements to Kennedy's lol.:peace

First of all comparing Biden to Clinton is like comparing Nixon to Eisenhower no Comparison.

Next thing ya know you'll be comparing Trump's achievements to Kennedy's lol.:peace

Talk about leaving an opening...please list the accomplishments of President Kennedy. and then, please don't forget Viet Nam. Peace? You have a curious idea of peace!
I don't compare Joe to Hillary, they are both political ticks. I would say the stark difference is Hillary had a plan to cash in, but poor Joe hasn't been told what his plan is yet.
Regards,
CP

Talk about leaving an opening...please list the accomplishments of President Kennedy. and then, please don't forget Viet Nam. Peace? You have a curious idea of peace!
I don't compare Joe to Hillary, they are both political ticks. I would say the stark difference is Hillary had a plan to cash in, but poor Joe hasn't been told what his plan is yet.
Regards,
CP

..JFK's legacy; first assassinate this popular POTUS, and then assassinate his character and reputation.

The military "leadership" JFK "inherited": Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia

News Conference 64, November 14, 1963 | JFK Library
President Kennedy
Mr. President, in view of the changed situation in South Viet Nam, do you still expect to bring back 1,000 troops before the end of the year, or has that figure been raised or lowered?
THE PRESIDENT: No, we are going to bring back several hundred before the end of the year, but I think on the question of the exact number I thought we would wait until the meeting of November 20th...

JFK’s Vietnam Withdrawal Plan Is a Fact, Not Speculation
JFK’s Vietnam Withdrawal Plan Is a Fact, Not Speculation
A response to Rick Perlstein.
By James K. Galbraith 11/22/2013

..The issue was resolved by early 2008 when Francis Bator, who had been Pres Johnson's Deputy NS Adviser, opened his reply to my letter in the NY Review of Books..

Prof Galbraith is correct [ December 6, 2007] that “there was a plan to withdraw US forces from Vietnam, beginning with the first thousand by December 1963, and almost all of the rest by the end of 1965…. President Kennedy had approved that plan. It was the actual policy of the United States on the day Kennedy died.

Bator followed with a qualification..Perlstein repeats:

But that plan was explicitly conditioned on Secretary McNamara’s and General Taylor’s 'judgment that the major part of the US military task can be completed by the end of 1965..' that 'the long term program to replace US personnel with trained Vietnamese [could go forward]without impairment of the war effort [emphasis added].

.. On the.. tapes of October 2, Robert McNamara differs with General Taylor on whether the war can be won by 1965. Instead he says: “ But I am sure that if we don’t meet those dates in the sense of ending the major military campaigns, we nonetheless can withdraw the bulk of our US forces according to the schedule we’ve laid out, worked out, because we can train the Vietnamese to do the job.” [emphasis added]. Taylor's memorandum to the Joint Chiefs on October 4, 1963, which conveys the decision, contains no contingency. The troops were to be withdrawn. “All planning” would be based on that decision.

Training would end. Support for South Vietnam would continue. They had an army of over 200,000. The end of the war was not in sight. After the end of 1965, even under the withdrawal plan, 1,500 US troops were slated to remain, for supply purposes. But the war would then be Vietnamese only, with no possibility of it becoming an American war on Kennedy's watch..

CivilJune 11, 1963 — Alabama Face-Off — George Wallace, Nicholas Katzenbach And School Desegregation | by Gordon Skene | Medium

John F. Kennedy: Foreign Affairs | Miller Center

October 22, 1962—breaking the extraordinary secrecy surrounding the crisis to that point—Kennedy warned that the purpose of the Soviet missiles in Cuba could be “none other than to provide a nuclear strike capability against the Western Hemisphere” and that he would protect the United States from such a threat no matter what the cost. The lines, suddenly, were drawn very firmly indeed, and the world held its breath..

To the Moon
Kennedy was also instrumental in the success of the nation's space program. ..he vowed to have Americans on the moon by the end of the decade..
The Developing World
..created the Peace Corps by executive order in 1961, .. the Peace Corps had sent more than 170,000 American volunteers to over 135 nations..

..Limiting Nuclear Testing
.. it also signaled the success of Kennedy's efforts to engage the Soviet Union in constructive negotiations and reduce Cold War tensions, a goal captured most famously in his June 1963 remarks at American University. In the wake of the close call over Cuba, Kennedy considered this agreement his greatest accomplishment..

Last edited:
..JFK's legacy; first assassinate this popular POTUS, and then assassinate his character and reputation.

The military "leadership" JFK "inherited": Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia

CivilJune 11, 1963 — Alabama Face-Off — George Wallace, Nicholas Katzenbach And School Desegregation | by Gordon Skene | Medium

Sorry. I thought we were discussing accomplishment's. it is clear to me that you are reading and accepting post-Presidency flowering. i lived through that presidency and remember very clearly people digging fall-out shelters in their yards. Some have been repurposed since, but the fear of attack from the USSR was nearly tactile back then. Thank you President Kennedy.
It is also clear you don't remember the Bay of Pigs the overt attempts at killing Castro(I agree with the idea, but shudder at the incompetent attempts).
Also, please don't be persuaded by the revisionist's. President Kennedy was a big proponent of keeping the US entangled in SE Asia.
President Kennedy was an elected leader and I respect that and cherish his memory. I just want truth to be told.
Regards,
CP

Sorry. I thought we were discussing accomplishment's. it is clear to me that you are reading and accepting post-Presidency flowering. i lived through that presidency and remember very clearly people digging fall-out shelters in their yards. Some have been repurposed since, but the fear of attack from the USSR was nearly tactile back then. Thank you President Kennedy.
It is also clear you don't remember the Bay of Pigs the overt attempts at killing Castro(I agree with the idea, but shudder at the incompetent attempts).
Also, please don't be persuaded by the revisionist's. President Kennedy was a big proponent of keeping the US entangled in SE Asia.
President Kennedy was an elected leader and I respect that and cherish his memory. I just want truth to be told.
Regards,
CP

Your arguments, as presented, amount to unsupported opinion..

"Flowering" ?

Single-bullet theory - Wikipedia
Single-bullet_theory

Category:photos of the autopsy of John F. Kennedy - Wikimedia Commons
Category:Photos_of_the_autopsy_of_John_F._Kennedy

He was cut down just two days after the 34 month of his presidency.
The top 25 presidents in US history, according to historians - Business Insider
July 2, 2020

Notable best presidents included George Washington at No. 2, John F. Kennedy at No. 8, and Barack Obama at No. 12..

New book on NSA sheds light on secrets - Baltimore Sun
Apr 24, 2001 - The Northwoods plan also proposed that if the 1962 launch of John Glenn into orbit were to fail, resulting in the astronaut's death, the U.S. ... Lyman L. Lemnitzer, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, presented the Operation ...

Bay of Pigs? Allen Dulles, as told to Willie Morris.... (Did you forget abut the other plot JFK "inherited"....kill John Glenn, on the Cape Canaveral launchpad?)

https://www.nytimes.com/1999/08/03/arts/willie-morris-64-writer-on-the-southern-experience.html
Willie Morris, 64, Writer on the Southern Experience
By Peter Applebome Aug. 3, 1999Mr. Morris, who turned his childhood in Yazoo City, Miss., into a place almost as complex and resonant as William Faulkner's Yoknapatawpha County, went from a country boy to a Rhodes Scholar to a literary Wunderkind, becoming editor in chief of Harper's Magazine at age 32.

But just as Truman Capote famously said that all Southerners eventually come home, if only in a box, Mr. Morris returned to Mississippi in 1980 and never stopped exploring what he once described as ''the old warring impulses of one's sensibility to be both Southern and American.''....

https://www.amazon.com/New-York-Days-Willie-Morris/dp/0316583987
50328915541_7e240b5b64_b.jpg

http://hnn.us/articles/138655.html

As we mark the fiftieth anniversary of the Bay of Pigs, most observers continue to blame President John F. Kennedy for the debacle. Had he not changed the landing site from Trinidad to the Bay of Pigs, reduced the pre-invasion air strikes on Castro's air force, prohibited air cover on D-Day, and banned U.S. military force, the outcome, so these observers argue, might have been considerably different.

The president acted on the advice furnished by the chief architect of the Cuban project—Richard Bissell, the CIA’s Deputy Director of Operations. Widely known as "the most brilliant man in Washington," he had amassed an impressive string of achievements, most notably his development of the U-2 reconnaissance plane—a feat that so impressed CIA director Allen Dulles that he put the young man in charge of covert operations. Indeed, Bissell appeared to be Dulles’ heir apparent.....

Last edited:
Hilary Clinton so arrogantly believed she was entitled to be president, that she refused to visit many states and limited her campaigning. But she didn't hold a candle to the level of arrogance and sense of entitlement of Joe Biden.

Joe Biden has been in government for half a century, longer than anyone. He is making it perfectly clear that he is entitled to be president and that campaigning is below him. His level of arrogance and belief that he is owed the presidency is off the charts. But what do you think? Is Joe Biden above having to campaign?

Several ways to look at it. Arrogance is one. Maybe its genius. He's so prone to a gaffe, he makes them all the time, that keeping him locked up and away from cameras, crowds and questions is the only way he has a shot to win.

Several ways to look at it. Arrogance is one. Maybe its genius. He's so prone to a gaffe, he makes them all the time, that keeping him locked up and away from cameras, crowds and questions is the only way he has a shot to win.

Or... Joe Biden is scrupulously following the pandemic guidelines issued by the Trump (b)led executive branch....

In memory of Herman Cain :

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1304171374102089733
50328976691_e674d85b7f_c.jpg

An entire political party membership too dense to grasp that, when you're dead, it's for a loooong time?

50329160072_5ede0e1901_b.jpg

Last edited:
Regards,
CP

Study your history before answering post .
Actually Kennedy said he would never send troops to Vietnam, advisors maybe but not troops that was all on Johnson.

The bay of pigs was a failed mission to Cuba after which Kennedy got on T.V and took full responsibility.
The Cuban missile crises after Kennedy declared a blockade around Cuba again got on National T.V. and explained to the American people what was going on and again took full responsibility.

Just to show you Responsibility is not just a Democrat trait there's this .
Eisenhower June 5th 1944 quote Tomorrow we go which meant D-DAY , he also said I take full Responsibility

Now I've pointed out 3 times leaders have taken Responsibility for decisions made, there are many more.
Name me one time Trump has taken Responsibility for anything except bragging about how good America is doing today.
Frankly I don't see that.:peace:

Your arguments, as presented, amount to unsupported opinion..

"Flowering" ?

Single-bullet theory - Wikipedia
Single-bullet_theory

Category:photos of the autopsy of John F. Kennedy - Wikimedia Commons
Category:Photos_of_the_autopsy_of_John_F._Kennedy

He was cut down just two days after the 34 month of his presidency.

Bay of Pigs? Allen Dulles, as told to Willie Morris.... (Did you forget abut the other plot JFK "inherited"....kill John Glenn, on the Cape Canaveral launchpad?)

https://www.amazon.com/New-York-Days-Willie-Morris/dp/0316583987
50328915541_7e240b5b64_b.jpg

Goodness. Have you heard and do you understand the old saw of "what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive?". You are setting a strawman for a reply. I decline to get into those weeds.
I never once mentioned a magic bullet, or conspiracy to kill the President. I cherish his memory and don't know what he may have accomplished. I merely was pointing out that President Kennedy was, truthfully, a President with few to no accomplishments in his short term. That is what you need to refute.
Regards,
CP

Back
Top Bottom