• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Joe Biden brain damages?

Is Joe Biden brain damaged.

• Total voters
I don't think he's brain damaged. I think he just suffers from the standard decline in memory and mental aptitude that comes with getting old. It happens to everyone eventually if they live long enough. Of course it could be the onset of dementia, but I'm not a doctor which is the reason I haven't and won't make such an assertion.

That is a kind response. However, Biden's "gafts" and "stuttering" are not new. He's been doing it for decades. That doesn't mean brain damage of course and even could be psychological or philosophical based, or even possible some internal conflict between what he wants to say battling what he is supposed to say, jamming him up. Trump talks off-the-cuff with little safeguarding so wouldn't have that problem.

The reason Obama so often does so many "uhs" and long pauses is because he is trying to calculate every word he says politically and tactically.

I am not sure he has a problem other than being an old man, the same goes for Trump, just like in crime it should be "not medically problematic until proven to be".

Blinded by politics

To hell w truth and reality

I pray u find Mr Truth himself before the End

You seem to easily forget covfefe, hamberders, using a black marker to redirect a hurricane, and injecting disinfectant.

If anyone is brain-damaged, that would be Commander Clorox.

I had completely forgotten his black marker incident of redirecting a hurricane. In this day and age of photo shopping and editing pictures Don uses a black marker.

I guess Barron was using Don's color crayons that day.

Joe Biden had three brain surgeries in the late 1980s on both sides of his brain. So crippling he did not return to the Senate for 7 months. Every since, the excuse of "gafts" and "stuttering" has been used for his continuous bizarre statements, forgetting the most simple slogans and statements, and even forgetting where he is in the middle of a sentence frequently. Yet none of those are gafts or stuttering. They are severe mental failures - for whatever reason.

He also often acts and seems very emotionally volatile and inconsistent.

While he may also have early stage dementia or not, this is a different question since Biden has had bizarre and severe speaking/mental processing for decades ever since the brain surgeries.

Is Joe Biden brain damaged?

The thread title, "Thread: Is Joe Biden brain damages?" is a great way to ask if someone else is brain damaged.

Great job!

That is a kind response. However, Biden's "gafts" and "stuttering" are not new. He's been doing it for decades. That doesn't mean brain damage of course and even could be psychological or philosophical based, or even possible some internal conflict between what he wants to say battling what he is supposed to say, jamming him up. Trump talks off-the-cuff with little safeguarding so wouldn't have that problem.

The reason Obama so often does so many "uhs" and long pauses is because he is trying to calculate every word he says politically and tactically.
FYI it's spelled gaffes not gafts

Anyhow thanks so much for directing us to the best answer of all and one we most need to pay attention to

He is very likely confused between what he begins to say and what is supposed to say

He can't stop mid sentence and turn to some far younger D somewhere nearby and oops... How do we say that again?

I am not sure he has a problem other than being an old man, the same goes for Trump, just like in crime it should be "not medically problematic until proven to be".

That's possible. However, Biden has been known for this for decades. It is relatively new for Trump. The both solidly show old age emotional, psychological and mental tendencies. Most notable are stubbornness and short term memory lose, which comes to nearly all elderly regardless of health.

I've always wondered if old age short term memory lose is due to the brain's files/memories so filled, it is like a computer hard drive almost completely full. They can remember fine details from decades ago, but can't remember a recent name they said hundreds of time - like their brain is almost completely full - and there is no defrag program, delete old files or delete cookies program to click on. Maybe old brains are like old computer hard drives - but without clean up software to run. :lol:

Rush Limbaugh thread.

FYI it's spelled gaffes not gafts

Anyhow thanks so much for directing us to the best answer of all and one we most need to pay attention to

He is very likely confused between what he begins to say and what is supposed to say

He can't stop mid sentence and turn to some far younger D somewhere nearby and oops... How do we say that again?

Thanks for the spelling tip.

I remember an aid desperately trying to get him away from people as Biden just kept getting weirder - with Biden snapping at the aid "get away from me, you don't control me!"

Joe Biden hiding in a basement is perfect for him. They can video tape take after take after take, until he gets the script right. "Cut, let's try it again. Mr Vice President, PLEASE try to follow the prompter. Let's try again. Joe Biden talking candidly, take 17."

Unfortunately, it appears extremely difficult for Biden to remember his script if a live appearance and definitely if there are questions to answer. Then he become "cavalier" - his latest explanation.

Last edited:
Like or not, there is a real chance whoever is the Democrat could win and the Democrats win both the Presidency and Congress - and soon a majority on the Supreme Court too - total control, total power of the new International Corporate-Fascist Democratic Party.

While Biden was not as radical as most of the Democratic presidential candidates, still the President has tremendous destructive power if he wants to use it. If he is both brain damaged and dementia added to it, the REAL question becomes if Biden does win, who REALLY will effectively be making presidential decisions other than Biden? Government insiders? The Chinese? Pelosi? Whatever ghosts and fantasies are in Biden's head at the moment?

Hope for the best (a Trump re-election) but plan for the worse (a Democratic sweep).

Good advice but I don't like your acquiescence to the liberals Trump is not mentally impaired..quit listening to lies..what..so u will appear to be open minded?

Doesn't work

What's The Donald's excuse?

Unguarded talking off the cuff including at both an emotional and speculative level, ie normalcy for how most people converse. The excuse is likely accurate. Do YOU talk to people from a collection of carefully pre-crafted and worded talking points? Clearly, often Trump does not.

What outrages some people also humanizes him to others. Trump usually acts normal, not like a plastic politician.

He's the least brain damaged of my two election options, so...

Unguarded talking off the cuff including at both an emotional and speculative level, ie normalcy for how most people converse. The excuse is likely accurate. Do YOU talk to people from a collection of carefully pre-crafted and worded talking points? Clearly, often Trump does not.

What outrages some people also humanizes him to others. Trump usually acts normal, not like a plastic politician.

Talking "off the cuff" doesn't explain away all the idiotic stuff he says. "Off the cuff" makes you inarticulate, it doesn't implant absurd beliefs into your head.

Well that and early alzheimers

Meaningless word salad...from you, and similar perhaps to The Donald.

I speak off the cuff in public all the time, in meetings and I used to as a park ranger. No one in those meetings of functioning adults comes across like The Donald...as a moronic, low-brow, unkind, self-aggrandizing, low-information narcissist.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Good advice but I don't like your acquiescence to the liberals Trump is not mentally impaired..quit listening to lies..what..so u will appear to be open minded?

Doesn't work

First, few Democrats now are liberals. They are progressives, the antithesis of liberalism and basically they are corporate fascists (Nazis).

I live in reality and form my opinions accordingly. Trump clearly has old age issues in my opinion. Biden has far more serious mental issues that go beyond just his being an old man. Simply, I do not see much in black and white absolutes, but shades of gray. I wish everyone would discuss topics at least sometimes without total partisan slant and bias.

I acquiesce to no one nor any partisan perspective. That said, I am possibly the most outspoken anti progressivism poster on the forum. I like true liberals, whether I agree on an issue or not. I truly despise, totally, progressives and progressivism because it is corporate fascism/Nazism. They are THE enemy in the sense of they are the Nazi Brown Shirts of the new International Corporate Fascist Democratic Party. The Democratic Party no longer is an American political party. It is part of a corporate fascist international quest of the wealthiest and most powerful people on earth for which the USA is the #1 enemy because it is who is most an obstacle to world domination and control for profit and power - reducing everyone else to beggars, servants and serfs.

Joe Biden's mental health IS an issue in this election. His oft bizarre statements and forgetfulness is incessant and known to everyone. The question is why is Biden like that, given he has been for decades and it appears to be worsening quickly.

Personally, 2016 was Biden's year. I think he would likely have won, the only Democrat who could have because -then - he could sneer as skillfully as Trump and he knows how to talk to old white people - Trump's core of support. But aging can be cruel and his ship sailed off without him.

Last edited:
Doesn’t matter, as long as Joe can keep breathing past 3NOV.....

Talking "off the cuff" doesn't explain away all the idiotic stuff he says. "Off the cuff" makes you inarticulate, it doesn't implant absurd beliefs into your head.
Like "if you don't know who you're going to vote for, you ain't (sic) black" or "you got the first African-American who is articulate and bright and clean "

Meaningless word salad...from you, and similar perhaps to The Donald.

I speak off the cuff in public all the time, in meetings and I used to as a park ranger. No one in those meetings of functioning adults comes across like The Donald...as a moronic, low-brow, unkind, self-aggrandizing, low-information narcissist.

Oh really? So you often call people you don't like "moronic, low-brow, unkind, self-aggrandizing, and a low-information narcissist" in your off the cuff comments?

Oh really? So you often call people you don't like "moronic, low-brow, unkind, self-aggrandizing, and a low-information narcissist" in your off the cuff comments?

You just called Progressives nazis.

Are you kidding?

Back
Top Bottom