• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Joe Biden a decent man?

Is Biden a decent man?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get it... you have absolutely nothing to work with, but you think you deserve an "A, for effort"!

Donald Trump Freeland, MI Campaign Rally Speech Transcript September 10 - Rev
Sep 10, 2020

Donald Trump Freeland, MI Campaign Rally Speech Transcript September 10
...Donald J. Trump: (15:42)
The left wants to get rid of me so they can come after you. It’s very simple. ...

....Donald J. Trump: (16:56).... By the way, I think the vaccine is going to come very soon, going to come very soon. With it or without it, we’re rounding the turn. You see what’s happening. You see the numbers are plunging. You see how good we’re doing relative to other countries and other parts of the world, but the fake news doesn’t like saying that. They don’t like telling you that.....

???

This thread is about whether BIDEN is a decent man.

Lol can you defend him at all?

Lol I could see this coming a mile away.

If Joe were truly a decent man, you would be able to defend the fact that he was a decent man.

Rather than shifting the topic towards Trump. ;)

???

This thread is about whether BIDEN is a decent man.

Lol can you defend him at all?

sigh.....

By 1987, Biden understood fully that politics is the art of the possible. After Bork, Biden understood he could not help Anita Hill, and the democrats had to relearn that lesson, the hard way, in the recent failed attempt to deny Judge Kavanaugh his "rightful" place on the SCOTUS...

If you recall, after Anita Hill claimed Clarence Thomas first harassed her, sexually, she still used her association with Thomas to
attempt to advance her career. This certainly diminished what she was providing Biden to work with in the senate judiciary committee.

Anita Hill - Wikipedia

.....When questioned on why she followed Thomas to the second job after he had already allegedly harassed her, she said working in a reputable position within the civil rights field had been her ambition. The position was appealing enough to inhibit her from going back into private practice with her previous firm. She said that she only realized later in her life that the choice had represented poor judgment on her part, but that "at that time, it appeared that the sexual overtures ... had ended."[4][15]

Anita Hill willing to overlook Biden '''mistakes,''' vote for him despite their troubled history | Fox News
Fox News
Anita Hill willing to overlook Biden 'mistakes,' vote for him despite their troubled history
Anita Hill, who accused Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment nearly three decades ago, said she is willing to ...
4 days ago

Remember that Eisenhower appointed Earl Warren to the SCOTUS, before right wing oligarchs discovered that, if they "invested enough", teaming with RW evangelical pastors, especially after civil rights and voting rights legislation and Roe v. Wade, they could indoctrinate (radicalize) republican voters, especially primary voters, into enabling the relief of a hefty chunk of the oligarchs' tax burden.

Biden and the Supreme Court | The New Yorker
By Jeffrey Toobin
October 13, 2015
...Biden’s leadership of the hearings regarding President Reagan’s nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court is another matter entirely—with different stakes and consequences. In 1987, Reagan was still popular, and Bork had a distinguished résumé, as a former Yale law professor, Solicitor General, and judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit. As Senator Ted Kennedy pointed out in a searing attack on Bork on the day of his nomination, Bork was also a thoroughgoing reactionary, who had dedicated his career to opposing civil rights and women’s rights. The outcome of the nomination could have gone either way.

Biden eschewed Kennedy’s heated rhetoric about Bork, but the chairman used the confirmation hearings to conduct a meticulous dissection of the nominee’s record as a scholar and judge. Biden called Laurence Tribe, the Harvard law professor, as a witness, to explain how far out of the mainstream Bork’s views were, and how perilous his confirmation would be for the Court and the country. The hearings mobilized popular opinion against Bork, and the Judiciary Committee voted against him by nine to five, and the Senate rejected him, fifty-eight to forty-two.

Last edited:
It is obvious the U.S. could, and has done much worse as a result of facilitating Trump's attempt to control the federal government, than any consequence resulting
from voting to replace Trump with Joe Biden. We've seen Biden's, and every other major party's presidential candidate's income tax returns since the 1970's,
except Trump's!

PolitiFact | Fact-checking Joe Biden's claim that he was among the poorest in government
50329415122_bc3618ec09_b.jpg

As much as a typical republocrat politician can be decent, yes I think Biden tries more or less as the rest of us do, to be a good person.

In contrast with Trump who seems to actively attempt the opposite: to be a liar, a cheat and a conman who denigrates the weak as 'losers' and looks for 'suckers' he can exploit.

Biden has a long history of lying especially over his personal accomplishments. It is well documented. This is his third attempt for the presidency. The first was for the election in 1988. There is a video that made the rounds in which Biden boasts at a 1987 rally, "I went to law school on a full academic scholarship ended up in the top half of my class."
Biden also maintained that he "graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school" and was the “outstanding student in the political science department.”
Not one of those claims was true, as newscasters at the time affirmed that Biden graduated 76th of 85 students in his law school class, had only a partial scholarship and did not win top honors in his undergraduate discipline. Biden had also been caught plagiarizing during law school. He “borrowed” an entire five pages from a published law review article without attribution and had to beg not to be expelled. Biden was toast and dropped out of the race.

More recently, the former vice president has told audiences that after his time in the White House, “I became a teacher. I became a professor.” While it is true that he took a big salary to make a handful of speeches for the University of Pennsylvania, Biden has never taught students.

Then there was his tale of visiting Afghanistan to honor a heroic naval officer. Biden described the officer’s actions in big detail and said “This is God’s truth, my word as a Biden.” But according to a review in the Washington Post, no such incident occurred.

Biden’s claims of having been arrested in the 1970s because he tried to visit Nelson Mandela in prison he said on the campaign trail. That did not happen either pointed out by the media forcing Biden to walk that back.

From 1987 to today Biden has not changed. He will tell you what you want to hear not caring if it is true. And lately he has been changing his stance on several things he pledged in the primary because they are not polling well so he changes his position. Biden is the Democrats fair weathered friend. If it isn't polling well he declares the opposite reminding voters he stands for anything hoping his potential voters will fall for anything.

I have not even touched the tip of the iceberg where Biden used his influence to build the wealth of himself, his kids and other family members that is well documented.

If the left chose Biden to make this a race over character, their choice was a piss poor one.

As much as a typical republocrat politician can be decent, yes I think Biden tries more or less as the rest of us do, to be a good person.

In contrast with Trump who seems to actively attempt the opposite: to be a liar, a cheat and a conman who denigrates the weak as 'losers' and looks for 'suckers' he can exploit.

I don't think Trump has to actually do much looking.... they seem, in huge numbers, to literally surrender to Trump, throwing themselves at him. What's a confidence man/grifter to do, aside from emptying all of their wallets?

www.npr.org › sections › thetwo-way › 2017/03/31 › jud...

Mar 31, 2017 - Judge Approves $25 Million Settlement Of Trump University Lawsuit ... two of about 7,000 eligible class-action members objected to the terms...

Biden has a long history of lying especially over his personal accomplishments. It is well documented. This is his third attempt for the presidency. The first was for the election in 1988. There is a video that made the rounds in which Biden boasts at a 1987 rally, "I went to law school on a full academic scholarship ended up in the top half of my class."
Biden also maintained that he "graduated with three degrees from undergraduate school" and was the “outstanding student in the political science department.”
Not one of those claims was true, as newscasters at the time affirmed that Biden graduated 76th of 85 students in his law school class, had only a partial scholarship and did not win top honors in his undergraduate discipline. Biden had also been caught plagiarizing during law school. He “borrowed” an entire five pages from a published law review article without attribution and had to beg not to be expelled. Biden was toast and dropped out of the race.

More recently, the former vice president has told audiences that after his time in the White House, “I became a teacher. I became a professor.” While it is true that he took a big salary to make a handful of speeches for the University of Pennsylvania, Biden has never taught students.

Then there was his tale of visiting Afghanistan to honor a heroic naval officer. Biden described the officer’s actions in big detail and said “This is God’s truth, my word as a Biden.” But according to a review in the Washington Post, no such incident occurred.

Biden’s claims of having been arrested in the 1970s because he tried to visit Nelson Mandela in prison he said on the campaign trail. That did not happen either pointed out by the media forcing Biden to walk that back.

From 1987 to today Biden has not changed. He will tell you what you want to hear not caring if it is true. And lately he has been changing his stance on several things he pledged in the primary because they are not polling well so he changes his position. Biden is the Democrats fair weathered friend. If it isn't polling well he declares the opposite reminding voters he stands for anything hoping his potential voters will fall for anything.

I have not even touched the tip of the iceberg where Biden used his influence to build the wealth of himself, his kids and other family members that is well documented.

If the left chose Biden to make this a race over character, their choice was a piss poor one.

No supporting links? Not-a-one?

if someone has a straight face, they look serious even though they are saying something funny or are in a funny situation. with a straight face: He could never tell a joke with a straight face. keep a straight face: She couldn't trust herself to keep a straight face.

[h=3]STRAIGHT FACE (phrase) definition and synonyms ...[/h]

[h=3]The pot calling the kettle black - Wikipedia[/h]en.wikipedia.org › wiki › The_pot_calling_the_kettle_...

"The pot calling the kettle black" is a proverbial idiom that may be of Spanish origin, of which English versions began to appear in the first half of the 17th century.

I had to vote no. I don't personally think he is. But he's beat hands down for worst by Trump. It's just his lucky year.

I think the only candidate for president that is a decent man was Sanders.

Biden accepted some responsibility, compared to Trump, who accepts none, and released his own records, compared to Trump, who dangles, but never voluntarily releases....

[h=3]'Grab that record': How Trump's high school transcript was was hidden[/h]www.washingtonpost.com › politics › 2019/03/05

Mar 5, 2019 - After Trump demanded that Obama release his academic records, military ... and the College Board to never release his grades or SAT scores....

Biden Claimed He Was In Top Half Of Law Class
Biden Claimed He Was In Top Half Of Law Class
EVANS WITT
September 21, 1987
....But last week Biden released his law school records showing he had graduated 76th in a law school class of 85.....
Biden told the New York Times he was ″frustrated″ and ″angry as hell″ about the Newsweek report.″It’s so easy to make things look like there’s something sinister about them,″ he said. ″I guess every single word I’ve said is going to be dissected now.″
Of his class ranking in law school, he said, ″I exaggerate when I’m angry, but I’ve never gone around telling people things that aren’t true about me.″...

....and consider the difference between the woman who agreed to be Trump's latest partner, vs. the woman who agreed to be Biden's

Melania Trump’s ‘Einstein’ visa, 'chain migration' detailed

Is First Lady Melania Trump Fair Game for Criticism? Video - ABC News
Is First Lady Melania Trump Fair Game for Criticism? Video
Video for melania joy behar birth certificate4:26
In a 2011 interview with Joy Behar, Melania Trump expressed concern about President Obama's birth ...
Jan 24, 2017

Jill Biden - Wikipedia

....Biden has a bachelor's degree from the University of Delaware, master's degrees from West Chester University and Villanova University, and a doctoral degree from the University of Delaware. She taught English and reading in high schools for thirteen years, and also taught adolescents with emotional disabilities at a psychiatric hospital. From 1993 to 2008, she was an English and writing instructor at Delaware Technical & Community College. Since 2009, she has been a professor of English at Northern Virginia Community College and is thought to be the first second lady to hold a paying job while her husband was vice president. She is the founder of the Biden Breast Health Initiative non-profit organization, co-founder of the Book Buddies program, co-founder of the Biden Foundation, is active in Delaware Boots on the Ground, and is co-founder of Joining Forces with Michelle Obama.

Last edited:
Here is Sniffy with his Granddaughter. That sort of kiss looks like a prelude to a boning.
Thats really your complaint? Thats how I've seen a lot of older folks kiss their grandchildren. What is wrong people? You guys will ascribe anything negative you can to an innocent kiss by someone you dont like.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

A decent person doesn’t lose his temper at hard working Americans and call them “Full if S—-“.

Or yell at town hall questioners and call them fat.

A decent person doesn’t aggressively assault women.

A decent person doesn’t state that he doesn’t want his kids growing up in a racial jungle. And doesn’t purposely slur his words when talking to members of a certain ethnic group.

A decent person doesn’t meet a lighter skinned black American and state that he is the first clean looking black American he’s met. And doesn’t hold some kind of a stereotype in his head that all rich kids are white.

Most importantly, a decent person doesn’t try to hide from the public, in order to cover for dementia issues, and try mislead people into thinking he’s something he’s not.

For all the factual things on here about Biden, I can find at least 5 similar things done by Trump. So that would make Biden the more decent candidate by comparison.

But at least two of your claims, including the one you listed as "most important[ly]", you are judging him off your personal biased unsupported claim, a partisanly stupid claim. There's no evidence to support them, yet you state them as if fact.

When Trump loses his temper, he doesn’t tend to cuss people out. He vents on Twitter instead. Or makes a snappy comment and walks away.

Joe gets right in people’s faces and looks like he’s about to throw a punch.
Trump calls people names and gets others to do his dirty work, by having them removed and even offering to pay peoples fines to hit them.

Lol I could see this coming a mile away.

If Joe were truly a decent man, you would be able to defend the fact that he was a decent man.

Rather than shifting the topic towards Trump. ;)
Decency is a scale, not a yes or no.

Ole Joe...

I have 3 degrees.........nope

I graduate at the top of my class........nope, 76 of 85

I had a full scholarship.........nope.

I got arrested for trying to visit Nelson Mandela.......nope.

My wife and children were killed by a drunk driver........nope (big fat lie)

Politico

Based on Joe Biden's account, the Huffington Post got it right. Dunn was driving drunk. After all, in a 2001 speech at the University of Delaware, Biden said, "An errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive and hit -- a tractor-trailer -- hit my children and my wife and killed them." But the then-Delaware prosecutor, now a judge, who investigated the accident says, "The rumor about alcohol being involved by either party, especially the truck driver [Dunn], is incorrect." Furthermore, the tractor-trailer driver had the right of way, and Dunn immediately got out of his truck and tried to render assistance. He was no drunk driver.

Only a scum bag would try and ruin the reputation of the other driver like Joe did.

No supporting links? Not-a-one?

No need to provide you links. You have Google.

Simple searches will provide you with links........

Here's some suggestions

Biden's plagiarism problem

Biden lied about his academic achievements

Biden lied about getting arrested trying to visit Mandela.

Biden's story about honoring naval officer while in Afghanistan is untrue

So I ask, Is Joe Biden a decent man? If you answered, you are on the record. Please elaborate (and, as with any good debate, be prepared to support your position)

Everyone that has known Joe Biden personally, regardless of their party, has said that Joe Biden is a very good person. Frankly, the only people that don't think Joe Biden is a good person, are either rabidly partisan or frankly, just despicable people themselves.

For all the factual things on here about Biden, I can find at least 5 similar things done by Trump. So that would make Biden the more decent candidate by comparison.

This isn't a very strong way to vouch for Biden's decency.

I can't believe that in a thread about Biden being "decent," a Biden supporting poster just posted large images implying the Trump was sexually attracted to his own daughter. And a second Biden supporter liked the post.

This is exactly what I mean.

Many Biden supporters have absolutely no decency at all. And no moral high ground from which to judge Trump.

Ole Joe...

I have 3 degrees.........nope

I graduate at the top of my class........nope, 76 of 85

I had a full scholarship.........nope.

I got arrested for trying to visit Nelson Mandela.......nope.

My wife and children were killed by a drunk driver........nope (big fat lie)

Politico

Based on Joe Biden's account, the Huffington Post got it right. Dunn was driving drunk. After all, in a 2001 speech at the University of Delaware, Biden said, "An errant driver who stopped to drink instead of drive and hit -- a tractor-trailer -- hit my children and my wife and killed them." But the then-Delaware prosecutor, now a judge, who investigated the accident says, "The rumor about alcohol being involved by either party, especially the truck driver [Dunn], is incorrect." Furthermore, the tractor-trailer driver had the right of way, and Dunn immediately got out of his truck and tried to render assistance. He was no drunk driver.

Only a scum bag would try and ruin the reputation of the other driver like Joe did.

That's a non-link. What's the source for that article?

That article is horse****. It was written by a trump supporter lunatic (you can see from his twitter page that he's every bit the wackadoodle cultist that every trump supporter on this thread is), he splashed the article on every right wing website that would take it, and doesn't source any of his claims.

Last edited:
No need to provide you links. You have Google.

Simple searches will provide you with links........

Here's some suggestions

Biden's plagiarism problem

Biden lied about his academic achievements

Biden lied about getting arrested trying to visit Mandela.

Biden's story about honoring naval officer while in Afghanistan is untrue
Boy if all those things are true I don’t no how anyone can claim he’s a decent man. Where’s the wizard of Oz when you need him?

This isn't a very strong way to vouch for Biden's decency.

I can't believe that in a thread about Biden being "decent," a Biden supporting poster just posted large images implying the Trump was sexually attracted to his own daughter. And a second Biden supporter liked the post.

This is exactly what I mean.

Many Biden supporters have absolutely no decency at all. And no moral high ground from which to judge Trump.
As I've said, decency is on a scale. If I look at Bidens scale compared to Trump's, his actual rival, no contest, Biden is more decent.

As I've said, decency is on a scale. If I look at Bidens scale compared to Trump's, his actual rival, no contest, Biden is more decent.

I respect your opinion, but are you sure you’re looking at Trump objectively, and not through the lens of CNN?

More importantly, the same posters arguing that Biden is a decent man are posting and liking large images implying that Trump is sexually attracted to his own daughter.

It’s difficult for people who are not decent themselves to judge the decency of someone else.

Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom