• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Jeb Bush Correct? Is Texas "going to be a so-called blue state" As Jeb Bush says?

Is Jeb Bush Correct? Is Texas "going to be a so-called blue state" As Jeb Bush says?

• Yes. Texas will "Go Blue". Jeb Bush is correct.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No. Texas will not "Go Blue". Jeb Bush is wrong.

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Ryan5

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Jeb Bush believes Texas will be “blue” by 2016

8VKlgkp.gif

For former Florida Governor Jeb Bush a four-year timetable is enough for a significant shift for the Republican party. He tells Joe Hagan of New York magazine: “It’s a math question. Four years from now, Texas is going to be a so-called blue state. Imagine Texas as a blue state, how hard it would be to carry the presidency or gain control of the Senate.”

xjaIbKo.jpg

Re: Is Jeb Bush Correct? Is Texas "going to be a so-called blue state" As Jeb Bush sa

The only thing better would be for Texas to go Green. Somebody has to save them from the OIL Corporation elitists.

Re: Is Jeb Bush Correct? Is Texas "going to be a so-called blue state" As Jeb Bush sa

Texas will not be a blue state in 2016. At current voting levels and demographic projections it won't cross over for 20 to 30 years.

Not in 2016, but it is coming.

Texas will not be a blue state in 2016. At current voting levels and demographic projections it won't cross over for 20 to 30 years.

That's not what Jeb Bush says.

“It’s a math question,” he tells me. “Four years from now, Texas is going to be a so-called blue state. Imagine Texas as a blue state, how hard it would be to carry the presidency or gain control of the Senate.”

-Jeb Bush.

I do agree though that Jeb Bush is wrong. It won't be within 10 years, GOP is too powerful in Texas. It will take at least 12-15 years yet that's only because there's no Democratic Party bedrock in Texas that has any real power. That will take time to evolve and then will have to erode the powerful GOP.

I do think however that based on demographics, Texas would go blue in less than 5 years IF the GOP wasn't so structurally powerful there. So yes it will happen. Texas will be a blue state no questions asked within most Americans lifetime.

Last edited:

the parliament blue

more suitable for texas:mrgreen:

Texas prides itself for it's collective redness. It's as if there is some kind of competition, and surely some degree of peer pressure, to see who can be the most "red."

Liberals, especially Obama supporters, are rediculed and ostracized in Texas. Speaking in general terms, of course. There are a lot of cool people in Texas who are up with the times. But there are just too many Scoal dippin', boot wearing, cowboy hat kinda people, to expect them to be up with the times by 2016. I vote no.

I would argure that Texas is the most unique state in the union. They have their own culture and all too often, their own reality.

God bless Texas.

Texas prides itself for it's collective redness. It's as if there is some kind of competition, and surely some degree of peer pressure, to see who can be the most "red."

Liberals, especially Obama supporters, are rediculed and ostracized in Texas. Speaking in general terms, of course. There are a lot of cool people in Texas who are up with the times. But there are just too many Scoal dippin', boot wearing, cowboy hat kinda people, to expect them to be up with the times by 2016. I vote no.

I would argure that Texas is the most unique state in the union. They have their own culture and all too often, their own reality.

God bless Texas.

That is what makes Texas so fascinating. What you say is true but primarily only among whites in Texas because if you look at Democratic districts in Texas, they're all in Hispanic majority zones, which makes it even more fascinating to think that in probably less than 20 years Texas will be more Blue than NYC, and yet, among whites will be as red as Alabama due to race being a key factor. That's going to be an interesting phenomena because you're right, in Texas among whites it's just a given that Texas will be Red for the next 500 years and could never be anything else. I think in all honesty that Texas will be a good place to watch to see if, and I say this will full sincerity, if the US has a long historical future or not. I truly do wonder if Texas will either combust as a state of the Union in the future due to this. Texas will be a good place to watch to see if the US will be a geopolitical entity in 100 years and I say that with seriousness.

Texas will probably be red in 2016 but is moving towards a swing state. By 2020 it will definitely be a swing state. I can't wait!!! The GOP will never win the whitehouse if Texas goes blue.

That is what makes Texas so fascinating. What you say is true but primarily only among whites in Texas, which makes it even more fascinating to think that in probably less than 20 years Texas will be more Blue than NYC, and yet, among whites will be as red as Alabama. That's going to be an interesting phenomena because you're right, in Texas among whites it's just a given that Texas will be Red for the next 500 years and could never be anything else. I think in all honesty that Texas will be a good place to watch to see if, and I say this will full sincerity, if the US has a long historical future or not. I truly do wonder if Texas will either combust as a state of the Union in the future due to this. Texas will be a good place to watch to see if the US will be a geopolitical entity in 100 years and I say that with seriousness.

That is an interesting question. But I would stop short of giving Texas that much significance, as to balance the success, of our fledgling democracy. I think Texas will do just fine for itself. Truly, it is a wealth of American resources and advanced refineries. It is a beautiful state with much splendor. And beyond the culturistic and sometimes dramatic Texas bravado and braggadocio, the state is full of warm hearted and caring people. (Unless, of course you are a Obama supporter, long hair or liberal. LOL!)

Texas has two options. It can eventually accept the fact that America is moving forward with or without them and get with the program or become Mexican again. I suppose they will reluctantly get with the American plan all the while saving their very unique culturisms.

I love Texas. I'm a native Texan myself. But all this Perry, Cruz, racially underlined christian right social conservatism is becoming somewhat embarassing. I used to brag about Texas.

That is an interesting question. But I would stop short of giving Texas that much significance, as to balance the success, of our fledgling democracy. I think Texas will do just fine for itself. Truly, it is a wealth of American resources and advanced refineries. It is a beautiful state with much splendor. And beyond the culturistic and sometimes dramatic Texas bravado and braggadocio, the state is full of warm hearted and caring people. (Unless, of course you are a Obama supporter, long hair or liberal. LOL!)

Texas has two options. It can eventually accept the fact that America is moving forward with or without them and get with the program or become Mexican again. I suppose they will reluctantly get with the American plan all the while saving their very unique culturisms.

I love Texas. I'm a native Texan myself. But all this Perry, Cruz, racially underlined christian right social conservatism is becoming somewhat embarassing. I used to brag about Texas.

I do believe you will see the end of the republican party if states like Texas and Arizona become blue states, which is inevitable. What I'm getting at is that I think extremist parties will arise that will gain political power and attempt to break up the Union.

I don't believe that social conservative whites in the South will simply go with a reformed, 'Corporate only' Republican party. I think they'll diverge into separatist parties. I don't think it will go smoothly like some predict. The North Eastern GOP and Jeb Bush's don't seem to realize this. I think it will be amusing to watch them come upon this realization. I think there's a lot of hard knocks in store for the 'Corporate Wing' of the modern GOP.

Last edited:

Well, let us not forget that the republican led state has sliced and diced district lines and voting demographics to certainly lend favor to their chances of survival.

Eventually, Texas will be blue, as will all of America. The clock doesn't stop for anybody. They might go kicking and screaming but when the train pulls out of the station they will be on it. But I just think it won't be done in Texas by 2016.

Well, let us not forget that the republican led state has sliced and diced district lines and voting demographics to certainly lend favor to their chances of survival.

Eventually, Texas will be blue, as will all of America. The clock doesn't stop for anybody. They might go kicking and screaming but when the train pulls out of the station they will be on it. But I just think it won't be done in Texas by 2016.

All of America will never be blue. Our political system does not lend itself to one party rule. Even on the extreme off chance the republican party disappears something will fill it's place.

Jeb Bush believes Texas will be “blue” by 2016

8VKlgkp.gif

For former Florida Governor Jeb Bush a four-year timetable is enough for a significant shift for the Republican party. He tells Joe Hagan of New York magazine: “It’s a math question. Four years from now, Texas is going to be a so-called blue state. Imagine Texas as a blue state, how hard it would be to carry the presidency or gain control of the Senate.”

xjaIbKo.jpg

No, but its a good way for him to rally attention to GOP intransigence on the immigration bill in the House which I have no doubt is his intention. He knows full well that Texas wont turn blue in just 3 years.

Well. I don't believe Jeb Bush types have a future in the GOP only because the GOP cannot attract minority voters is the truth.

Minorities vote Democrat over economics. All types like Jeb Bush will do is further alienate white social conservatives. If the GOP is simply a "Multiracial, Corporate Party" then it will never win nationally with that by abandoning social conservatives. Jeb Bush is no social conservative. Two of his kids have been arrested and his daughter is a drug abuser that failed out of rehab. White social conservatives will never go for a race mixing Catholic with criminals kids lol.

Q1FsgCe.jpg

CNN.com - Jeb Bush's daughter charged with prescription fraud - January 29, 2002

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9373195/n...rida-gov-jeb-bushs-son-arrested/#.UdDC6fmbM2c

qtUbtUC.jpg

Well. I don't believe Jeb Bush types have a future in the GOP only because the GOP cannot attract minority voters is the truth.

Minorities vote Democrat over economics. All types like Jeb Bush will do is further alienate white social conservatives. If the GOP is simply a "Multiracial, Corporate Party" then it will never win nationally with that by abandoning social conservatives. Jeb Bush is no social conservative. Two of his kids have been arrested and his daughter is a drug abuser that failed out of rehab. White social conservatives will never go for a race mixing Catholic with criminals kids lol.

Q1FsgCe.jpg

CNN.com - Jeb Bush's daughter charged with prescription fraud - January 29, 2002

Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's son arrested - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

qtUbtUC.jpg

You know, it is this kinda incredibly lame **** that really lowers political discussion. His family is not any one's business but their own, and trying to use them to score political points is just about is cowardly and assholish as you can get. Well done, you have proven you can sink to incredibly low levels. I applaud you.

You know, it is this kinda incredibly lame **** that really lowers political discussion. His family is not any one's business but their own, and trying to use them to score political points is just about is cowardly and assholish as you can get. Well done, you have proven you can sink to incredibly low levels. I applaud you.

Excuse me?

If you are running for the highest office in the land, everything is on the table.

How often do we hear about "evil" Hillary's family? Yeahhhhhh. Don't be a hypocrite.

Excuse me?

If you are running for the highest office in the land, everything is on the table.

How often do we hear about "evil" Hillary's family? Yeahhhhhh. Don't be a hypocrite.

No, everything should not be on the table. In fact, family should be off the ****ing table. I criticize any one who attacks the family of politicians, because it is a vile, low class thing to do. and further, is not anything important as far as, you know, issues.

No, everything should not be on the table. In fact, family should be off the ****ing table. I criticize any one who attacks the family of politicians, because it is a vile, low class thing to do. and further, is not anything important as far as, you know, issues.

Hello. These are main line news sources. You don't have to like them but you have no right to start telling American voters what is and isn't on the table.

This stuff comes from mainstream news sites.. What are you going to do? Start lecturing us that CNN is a radical extremist site? Some Liberal you are. More like the Chinese Politburo trying to censor corruption cases..

Hello. These are main line news sources. You don't have to like them but you have no right to start telling American voters what is and isn't on the table.

This stuff comes from mainstream news sites.. What are you going to do? Start lecturing us that CNN is a radical extremist site? Some Liberal you are. More like the Chinese Politburo trying to censor corruption cases..

I do not give a **** where it comes from. Some things are appropriate, some are not. Going after a politicians family is not.

I do not give a **** where it comes from. Some things are appropriate, some are not. Going after a politicians family is not.

Excuse me I'm merely linking to an article and pictures in the mainline national news articles.. Forgive me if CNN is too radical for you.. How terrible of me..

What was I thinking??? CNN!?!? So radical...

Excuse me I'm merely linking to an article and pictures in the mainline national news articles.. Forgive me if CNN is too radical for you.. How terrible of me..

What was I thinking??? CNN!?!? So radical...

I did not call CNN too radical. We call that a straw man.

redress-albums-stuffz-picture67112136-strawman.jpg

CNN is not responsible for the arguments you make her, the photos you post here, nor the posts you make here. You are.

I have in-laws and outlaws on both sides of the Red River. Hispanics are many times more 'texan' than the white fellas. Hats, boots, long sleeve picnic table shirts even in July, belt buckle big enough to choke the horse they never ride. And pick-ups so shiny you know they have never seen a dirt road.

Funny how 'minorities' are always listed as the reason states turn blue however they are minorities. What math do you use to make 12% the majority? fun facts for the 'loss of America' crowd- a few generations in and the guy sitting next to you at Rotary, waiting to tee-up at 'THE country club', attending the GOP BBQ with his 2.3 kids, and attending your Baptist Church is Hispanic.

Now seems to me Texas will turn blue because it is shifting to a highly urbanized population and leaving it's 'west texas ranch' image behind. Until the GOP wises up to that shift it will be fighting for the rather sparsely populated states and clinging hard to protected enclaves in the more populated ones. They will surge into power when the dems can be painted with enough political scandal to tip the scales, however like high tide, it will be brief.

There are some hard choices for the GOP, but it is too pat to simply claim Hispanics vote Dem over economics, they vote AGAINST people they think are bigoted and see all Hispanics as only coming here for a free ride. Figure out a way to let the 'social conservatives' go and show how everyone, not just the corporate, good buddy from the country club can succeed and Gonzales might become the most popular name on local Texas GOP rosters.

Ummm that's last name, Jesus will be the most popular FIRST name... :mrgreen:

You know Repub Gov. Martinez from NM better than I based on your location. Dems run the same risk of taking Hispanics for granted. With their 27-9 Congressional District remap and the Voting Rights Act decision, I don't see a change to Blue until at least 2020, if then.
I have in-laws and outlaws on both sides of the Red River. Hispanics are many times more 'texan' than the white fellas. Hats, boots, long sleeve picnic table shirts even in July, belt buckle big enough to choke the horse they never ride. And pick-ups so shiny you know they have never seen a dirt road.

Funny how 'minorities' are always listed as the reason states turn blue however they are minorities. What math do you use to make 12% the majority? fun facts for the 'loss of America' crowd- a few generations in and the guy sitting next to you at Rotary, waiting to tee-up at 'THE country club', attending the GOP BBQ with his 2.3 kids, and attending your Baptist Church is Hispanic.

Now seems to me Texas will turn blue because it is shifting to a highly urbanized population and leaving it's 'west texas ranch' image behind. Until the GOP wises up to that shift it will be fighting for the rather sparsely populated states and clinging hard to protected enclaves in the more populated ones. They will surge into power when the dems can be painted with enough political scandal to tip the scales, however like high tide, it will be brief.

There are some hard choices for the GOP, but it is too pat to simply claim Hispanics vote Dem over economics, they vote AGAINST people they think are bigoted and see all Hispanics as only coming here for a free ride. Figure out a way to let the 'social conservatives' go and show how everyone, not just the corporate, good buddy from the country club can succeed and Gonzales might become the most popular name on local Texas GOP rosters.

Absolutely incorrect. Also known as wrong. Flawed. Going against the data. Inaccurate.

As this map clearly demonstrates (as does every map of political Texas), the Democratic voting areas are all in Hispanic majority areas.

For instance:

eSiF5Zu.png

It correlates exactly to race:

4gTpSTO.jpg

So no. Your post is inaccurate. Every political Texas map clearly indicates anywhere there are Hispanic majorities is a Democratic stronghold. They are voting on economics purely (and they openly admit this).

Nobody is arguing there aren't middle and upper class Hispanics. The point is what does the majority do? And the answer is they vote in extreme majorities for Democrats, as every map indicates.

Back
Top Bottom