• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it wrong to take pleasure in the misfortunes of a jerk?

texmaster

Hippie Hater
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
So we have a neighbor in our neighborhood. Retired guy, attends every single function from PTA to neighborhood association to political meetings. Complete dick and I mean that. Like I've asked him to leave or step outside and I'll meet him out there.

He's a verbal bully. Loves picking on older folks who actually volunteer in the neighborhood unlike him and constantly picks on people who don't share his political beliefs.

So it was a particular pleasure for me when he wrote the neighborhood association and said his tires were stolen.

20100720004.jpg

20100720003.jpg

20100720002.jpg

And for Redress: Yes he is a republican and tea party member :D

So, is it wrong?

He deserves it more for driving that gas-guzzling piece of ****.

Would be curious to hear how this story ends. Stealing 4 wheels off a vehicle on a city street is not a "grab and dash" operation. Takes a little time, isn't silent and the venue is somewhat exposed.

Sort of sounds more like an organized effort/prank and a pretty clever one. Especially if he is the neighborhood pain in the ass that you describe.

A nice touch would be if the wheels were to show up hidden in his backyard somewhere. Mission accomplished and no theft charges ;)

Karma does have a way of biting people like this guy in the ass. Hopefully he'll learn something from it.

Would be curious to hear how this story ends. Stealing 4 wheels off a vehicle on a city street is not a "grab and dash" operation. Takes a little time, isn't silent and the venue is somewhat exposed.

Sort of sounds more like an organized effort/prank and a pretty clever one. Especially if he is the neighborhood pain in the ass that you describe.

A nice touch would be if the wheels were to show up hidden in his backyard somewhere. Mission accomplished and no theft charges ;)

Well I'm off the hook because I would have stuck at least 3 Obama stickers on his car :D

Texmaster said: So, is it wrong?

Suspicious Maggie wonders if you're asking for dispensation. :lamo:lamo:lamo

So we have a neighbor in our neighborhood. Retired guy, attends every single function from PTA to neighborhood association to political meetings. Complete dick and I mean that. Like I've asked him to leave or step outside and I'll meet him out there.

He's a verbal bully. Loves picking on older folks who actually volunteer in the neighborhood unlike him and constantly picks on people who don't share his political beliefs.

So it was a particular pleasure for me when he wrote the neighborhood association and said his tires were stolen.

20100720004.jpg

20100720003.jpg

20100720002.jpg

So, is it wrong?

It's called being a human being. I like this side of you. ;)

So, is it wrong?

Of course not. Karma is a wonderful thing. So is Tosh.0

What exactly is a tea party member? I mean...since they have no actual party...

If schadenfreude is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I'm not alone. Search the internet for all the "OWNED" gifs.

If schadenfreude is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I'm not alone. Search the internet for all the "OWNED" gifs.

Those are just funny in of themselves though. Not pleasurable because of the people's misery, because we don't even know the people; they're like a prop for the humor.

Stolen tires are a different matter. It's really not funny in itself, so the only pleasure you could get from it is some feeling of karma or revenge.

I guess it's not really a problem as long as you're not the one causing the misfortune. But frankly, I've always been uncomfortable with the idea of someone personally hating someone they know so much that their troubles become seen as a good thing. Something just seems wrong about hating someone that much.

"Is it wrong to take pleasure in the misfortunes of a jerk?" Technically yes, but I'd probably do it anyway.

He deserves it more for driving that gas-guzzling piece of ****.

I wouldn't drive a Suburban. Too puny and no towing power. Also, there's not enough room in the back for a quartet of college cheerleaders and me to spread out and have fun without my speakerbox and the rifle-locker getting in the way.

That's why I drive one of these...

medium_3002733219_e476843a88_o.jpg

God works in mysterious ways......

Nope, it's not wrong at all. Schadenfreude is an absolutely natural reaction.

20100720004.jpg

20100720003.jpg

20100720002.jpg

So, is it wrong?

Stealing wheels from a vehicle is most certainly wrong.

Believe it or not, it is even considered to be a crime in some societies.

Back
Top Bottom