• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it wrong to eat pets or should be illegal

• Its wrong and should be illeagle

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Its wrong but should not be illeagle

• Its not wrong and should not be illeagle

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Depends on the circimstance

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • People should not eat certain pet's ( cats dogs other )

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont eat animals in genral

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Un biased

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

It is not wrong. One person's pet is another person's dinner.

Do I find it morally reprehensible that anyone in our country would choose to eat a dog he found on the street? A cat he found on the street? Yes.

First of all it is a matter of definition. Very little distinction exists between a pet and a domestic animal, e.g. a pig or rabbit can be either.

I noticed a farmer that had pig with a wooden leg and naturally asked what that story was behind that was.

OK, says the farmer, this pig is very special to my family and me, well just 2 months ago, I'm working underneath my tractor, the jack fell and the tractor was crushing me. I yelled and my pig rushed to my rescue, dug me out and pulled me away from the tractor.

Well that's very commentable I said..but..

That's not all, last week my house caught fire and my pig pulled my 2 young daughters to safety. It even received a hero gold ribbon, from the village mayor.

I understand, but that still doesn't explain the wooden leg!

Well like I said, this pig is very special to my family and well, we just cannot bring ourselves to eat it all at once.

First of all it is a matter of definition. Very little distinction exists between a pet and a domestic animal, e.g. a pig or rabbit can be either.

I noticed a farmer that had pig with a wooden leg and naturally asked what that story was behind that was.

OK, says the farmer, this pig is very special to my family and me, well just 2 months ago, I'm working underneath my tractor, the jack fell and the tractor was crushing me. I yelled and my pig rushed to my rescue, dug me out and pulled me away from the tractor.

Well that's very commentable I said..but..

That's not all, last week my house caught fire and my pig pulled my 2 young daughters to safety. It even received a hero gold ribbon, from the village mayor.

I understand, but that still doesn't explain the wooden leg!

Well like I said, this pig is very special to my family and well, we just cannot bring ourselves to eat it all at once.

Something that is not necessarily the food you can get at a shop right like a dog or a cat or something that people do not breed for the sole purpose of eating

Personally, I prefer not to make friends with my food. If starvation was so imminent that I would consider it, then I wouldn't do it anyway, as I'll make better food for it than it for me.

*To those who remember a post where I made a comment regarding not eating my friends, you'll note I learned from that.... :lol:

It is not wrong. One person's pet is another person's dinner.

Do I find it morally reprehensible that anyone in our country would choose to eat a dog he found on the street? A cat he found on the street? Yes.

Pretty much this. I'm not opposed to it in concept, just so long as people don't pick up "strays" and do it. It's not uncommon for a "stray" to be somebody's pet who is just unfortunately loose at the moment.

I'm perfectly fine with people eating their own pets. I'm perfectly fine with people eating strays, but since it'd be too easy to call a neighbor's annoying dog a stray and serve it up, no.

Pets are animals, and animals are made of meat. If you don't want to eat them, that's fine. Heck, I don't want to eat them. That shouldn't stop someone else from eating them.

If you go to korea, dog is on the menu. Enjoy.

I don't necessarily think it's wrong. It's certainly very convenient the way humans in some cultures have managed to divide up animals as "friend" or "lunch" depending on species.

But ultimately, meat's meat.

I think all animals deserve a decent life and a decent death, whether they are "friend" or "lunch." And I try very hard to make sure that has actually happened, on the occasion I do eat meat.

Am I going to eat cats and dogs? No, probably not. However, if I were starving to death, and a stray crossed my path, all bets are off.

As pertains to my own pets, I made a commitment when I took them home that they were not lunch, and that I would protect them for life. Since I made that commitment, that is how I treat them.

Two Words: "Informed consent"

Eat what you want just don't try to pass some meat off on me that isn't what it is represented as being.

Back
Top Bottom