• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it too late for Scholz to form Grand Coalition with CDU?

Juin

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Traffic Light coalitions are luxuries to be indulged only in times of peace and plenty. The last thing anyone wants are looney Greens at the helm of a state in a time of turmoil and uncertainty. And Germany faces a challenge like no other since WWII over the land dispute on the Black Sea. That is unless one considers the Andreas Baader and Ulrich Meinhoff a challenge. I just don't trust the Green Frau.

Which is why I wonder if Scholz can wiggle out of that Traffic Light coalition and set up a Grand Coalition with the CDU.?

Yes, no one in Germany wants another grand coalition. The SPD don't, the CDU don't, the voters sure as hell don't. Another Grand Coalition would have been death sentence to both parties.

Who's asking?

Which is why no one else in all of Europe is asking.

Talk about beating a dead horse coalition.

Putin would love it though given the Kremlin State Capture of the SPD & CDU that Putin has pulled off in Berlin. Schroederovsky & Merkelov to thank for it of course.

Yes, no one in Germany wants another grand coalition. The SPD don't, the CDU don't, the voters sure as hell don't. Another Grand Coalition would have been death sentence to both parties.

That settles the matter. :)

One last thingy....

Pump vodka through Nord Stream 2 – Nuland​

industry-pipelines-gossips-maintenance_men-anticipations-deliveries-cwln2464_low.jpg

With the process for the approval of the Russian-backed Nord Stream 2 rolling on for several months despite construction on the underwater gas link having already been completed, Moscow should consider exporting hard liquor through the vast pipeline instead, a high-ranking Washington official has joked. Responding to a question from a journalist who said that the project is ready to pump anything – “gas, olive oil or vodka” – during a press conference on Thursday, US Under Secretary of State Victoria Nuland joked that “vodka would be nice.”

However, she went on to insist that the US will ensure that the venture is stopped if Moscow escalates an increasingly tense standoff with Kiev,
with concerns that Moscow could be ready to invade its neighbor dominating news coverage for weeks. “I would like to say frankly: If Russia invades Ukraine, one way or another, Nord Stream 2 will not move forward,” she warned.

The Kremlin-SPD-CDU pipeline is brought to you by Gerhard Schroederovsky and Angela Merkelov. Putin's two BFF in all of Europe. Second globally to only Xi Jinpingsky in China.

Meanwhile, back at the Kremlin with Gazprom....

1643430470152.jpeg
Cheap gas from Russia to Germany has always been a crock of shit.

Last edited:
The Greens and FDP are established parties of Germany for decades.

It is no „luxury“ to govern with them, because they are vetted by voters and legitimized and therefore statesmanlike.

Besides, the SPD set up a coalition contract with them after months of negotiations, so they have to stick to it.

There is less than zero chance that the SPD would blow up the coalition, especially since the Merz CDU is far more controversial and chaotic right now, as they are in a self-reflection period after Merkel.

All the same I'm afraid some people haven't any clue which is why they put a question where there isn't one.

None whatsoever.

The Greens and FDP are established parties of Germany for decades.

It is no „luxury“ to govern with them, because they are vetted by voters and legitimized and therefore statesmanlike.

Besides, the SPD set up a coalition contract with them after months of negotiations, so they have to stick to it.

There is less than zero chance that the SPD would blow up the coalition, especially since the Merz CDU is far more controversial and chaotic right now, as they are in a self-reflection period after Merkel.
I was actually surprise those negotiations bore fruit, I thought they'd collapse because so many things the three parties disagrees on.

I was actually surprise those negotiations bore fruit, I thought they'd collapse because so many things the three parties disagrees on.

There is a time when the need to interrupt a long status quo overcomes entrenched ideological differences. Israel went through something of sorts when a range of ideological differences from Arab Parties to centrists and even rightwing overcame their differences to end Bibi's reign

Back
Top Bottom