• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it time to parole Leslie Van Houten?

Should Leslie Van Houten be paroled?

• Total voters
Sorry...even old and wrinkly people can commit violent crimes. Old is still not a reason to parole. Neither is wrinkled.

Then we should execute her. Life in prison without the possibility of parole is...IF ANYTHING EVER IS...cruel and unusual punishment.

Can anyone give a single valid reason why a depraved murderer should be able to get out of jail? Sometimes justice means that you stay punished for the rest of your miserable, pathetic life.

Removing emotion from the equation, is the expense of keeping someone in prison when they are no longer a threat to the public a good expenditure of public funds? I don't think so, but just add it to my list of things that are not good expenditures of public funds.

Then we should execute her. Life in prison without the possibility of parole is...IF ANYTHING EVER IS...cruel and unusual punishment.
Wait...shouldnt we first see if she is actually rehabilitated?

There are certain crimes that are too severe and noteworthy to forgive, even in California.

She should stay until she dies and each parole hearing should be on TV for up and coming criminals to see.

Removing emotion from the equation, is the expense of keeping someone in prison when they are no longer a threat to the public a good expenditure of public funds? I don't think so, but just add it to my list of things that are not good expenditures of public funds.

Do we really think someone that has been in jail that long that obviously had some mental issues to begin with could survive outside of jail without more governmental support? There is no emotion involved in thinking that someone who took another's life, in cold blood should be allowed to exist outside of jail. I can see it differently during crimes of passion, etc. But the murder that she committed is so far beyond that.

Back
Top Bottom