• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it time to overturn Citizens United?

The sentence you quoted literally says nothing, not a thing, about campaign donations.
I thought you had more ability to understand context and nuance. Sorry.

Jesus, dude. Don't you see that political spending by PACs does as much harm as direct donations to candidates? Either way, it's FASCISM, where the rich have a megaphone and the poor must whisper into that hurricane of bullshit.

If you want to know what I "see," try reading what I actually wrote in this thread, instead of making baseless assumptions.

The Dems aren't trying to install Biden as a dictator, like the Trump supporters have. We still have checks and balances. So, when the Supreme Court goes fascist, it's a problem that the president cannot fix.

Your comment demonstrates a lack of understanding of how the American system works.
And your comment demonstrates a lack of understanding of how Trump and his supporters work. There is zero surprise there.

The Dems ARE trying to install Biden as a dictator. That fool wants every single f***** American basemented and masked indefinitely.

And have you heard that sellout mumbling some shit about a New World Order? You just have to know the pervert would want some kind of title of ownership in exchange for handing the country over to deranged globalists.

I have seen many threads with many polls and none say 80%. So I guess your boy Colbert is a LIAR too.

Pot vs Kettle
Nope, the right is far too good at lying for the left to compete with.

Broad support for abortion rights: Gallup polls show Americans’ support for abortion in all or most cases at 80% in May 2021, only sightly higher than in 1975 (76%), and the Pew Research Center finds 59% of adults believe abortion should be legal, compared to 60% in 1995—though there has been fluctuation, with support dropping to a low of 47% in 2009.

And your comment demonstrates a lack of understanding of how Trump and his supporters work. There is zero surprise there.

The Dems ARE trying to install Biden as a dictator. That fool wants every single f***** American basemented and masked indefinitely.

And have you heard that sellout mumbling some shit about a New World Order? You just have to know the pervert would want some kind of title of ownership in exchange for handing the country over to deranged globalists.
And here I thought January 6th was about the right trying to install Trump as the dictator.

It seems that up until the conservatives on SCOTUS decided Citizen's the court approved of some limitations on spending by corporations and individuals. See link above. And when deciding Citizen's the court made two false assumptions about the outcome. The first was it would have little effect on our elections which we now know is totally wrong. The second was that even though it opened the flood gates for the wealthy and corporations to buy candidates by flooding the campaigns with money, that people would know who made those contributions and that would effect how they voted. As we now know, that has not happened, just the opposite. Dark money has become the rule and we do not even know if we are voting for a candidate who has taken money from foreign individuals, foreign corporations or even foreign governments. So maybe it is time to overturn Citizens or change it so we do know who is donating to campaigns.
SCOTUS never should have taken it in the first place.

And here I thought January 6th was about the right trying to install Trump as the dictator.
I know, huh. Well, it serves you right. Maybe next time you'll think twice about voting for a true dictator.

Nope, the right is far too good at lying for the left to compete with.
Broad support for abortion rights: Gallup polls show Americans’ support for abortion in all or most cases at 80% in May 2021, only sightly higher than in 1975 (76%), and the Pew Research Center finds 59% of adults believe abortion should be legal, compared to 60% in 1995—though there has been fluctuation, with support dropping to a low of 47% in 2009.
1651804258308.png

I know, huh. Well, it serves you right. Maybe next time you'll think twice about voting for a true dictator.
I hope that if you truly believe that Biden is a dictator, then you never get Trump back in office, for you will see what a real dictator is all about. In fact, He hass already said in the past he is going to run for a third term.

Citizens United was just one of many decisions pushing the same changes for decades, giving plutocrats more and more unlimited powers protected as constitutional rights. The reforms needed are deeper than repealing a single ruling. Again I'll point people to look up Sheldon Whitehouse's youtbube series of speeches called "The Scheme".

So you think that the SCOTUS overturning abortions rights was egregious so in retaliation you want them to overturn free speech rights 🤔
the first amendment is pretty clear. abortion "rights" not so much

It doesn't. People have free speech rights, but the business is not a person.
where in article one section eight, was the federal government delegated any proper power to restrict corporations in the way the left wants?

You are right, they do not have the votes as it would take 60 in the Senate. What I find interesting is none of the GOPers in congress are talking about or taking credit for the death of Roe. You have to ask why not?

Back
Top Bottom