• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is it Time To Leave Iraq?

guns_God_glory said:
The Iraqi resistence is non-existant. The iraqi's want us there. The insurgents are the ones who are resisting.
Well if fighting terrorism doesn't work what will? let me guess diplomatic efforts?
Wow, you are either brainwashed, so conservative that you can't think straight (which luckily none of the people on this forum are...unless you are...then there would be one), or you just don't know what you are talking about. I hope it is the last, because if it isn't, then that is just plain scary.

No, not now that we got ourselves into this.

"You break it you buy it" - Colin Powell on the Iraq War to President Bush

Andrew

ShamMol said:
Wow, you are either brainwashed, so conservative that you can't think straight (which luckily none of the people on this forum are...unless you are...then there would be one), or you just don't know what you are talking about. I hope it is the last, because if it isn't, then that is just plain scary.
It's funny how you just posted a reply without really saying anything.

AndrewStebbins said:
No, not now that we got ourselves into this.

"You break it you buy it" - Colin Powell on the Iraq War to President Bush

Andrew
The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end.
-Genghis Khan

They actually have documented Genghis Kahn quotes!

Arch Enemy said:
They actually have documented Genghis Kahn quotes!
Hey Arch Enemy its been a while! :2wave: So I play my cards to your liking, then complain! Your a peice of work!

Somehow just because I qoute Genghis Kakn, just because he is more publicized as a murderer ( :spin: ), which is political spin. There have been many other worse than him or could compare, such as some Indian chiefs.
Source1 Genghis

Here is another qoute, that is not Genghis!
Amazing withdrawals, however, do not win battles. Source

And heres another one from Collin Powell:

The best plans of the best generals can turn to zip if you don't have the right kinds of people to execute.
-General Colin Powell

guns_God_glory said:
It's funny how you just posted a reply without really saying anything.
LEt us see what you said and see if it has any merit whatsoever, especially considering general's comments within the past two weeks.

You said:
The Iraqi resistence is non-existant. The iraqi's want us there. The insurgents are the ones who are resisting.
Well if fighting terrorism doesn't work what will? let me guess diplomatic efforts?

Now, there is absolutely no validity to the statement that they are non-existent, here is a cnn report from a high-up US general about the resistance.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/23/rumsfeld.iraq.ap/index.html

Yes, the insurgents are resisting as you said. I know that a majority of Iraqis want us there (above 50%) but not a vast majority. If the insurgency keeps building, it will fall below 50%.

stsburns said:
Hey Arch Enemy its been a while! :2wave: So I play my cards to your liking, then complain! Your a peice of work!

Somehow just because I qoute Genghis Kakn, just because he is more publicized as a murderer ( :spin: ), which is political spin. There have been many other worse than him or could compare, such as some Indian chiefs.
Source1 Genghis

Here is another qoute, that is not Genghis!
Amazing withdrawals, however, do not win battles. Source

And heres another one from Collin Powell:

The best plans of the best generals can turn to zip if you don't have the right kinds of people to execute.
-General Colin Powell

I don't have a problem with the Khan. I'm amazed at his acheviements, I don't hate him because he killed thousands of people. In fact is #2 on my top 3 greatest Generals of all time.

People look more at the fact he took over most of the known world. I look at it that he was able to unite with his enemies and go on to bigger and better things.

Yes I know, some of you all will say "Arch, that's insane, you don't mind that he killed innocent people.. but when an American soldier kills one your like OMFG WTFBBQ?". The fact of the matter is, we're more civilized than mr. Genghis Kahn, we have the technology to win wars without killing innocents..

Arch Enemy, I don't have a problem with the Khan. I'm amazed at his acheviements, I don't hate him because he killed thousands of people. In fact is #2 on my top 3 greatest Generals of all time.
Thanks! Arch Enemy, I'm sorry I misread your post.

People look more at the fact he took over most of the known world. I look at it that he was able to unite with his enemies and go on to bigger and better things.
I give him credit because he lead an his soldiers to an impossible feat, and he told his soldiers that they must never give up.

The fact of the matter is, we're more civilized than mr. Genghis Kahn, we have the technology to win wars without killing innocents..
I urge you not to refer to Genghis as "mr." sure he cant defend his title as leader of his forces, but lowering his stance to "mr." is just plain disrespectful to someone you claim is the #3 guy on your list of greatest genrals. Since when has the dependency on techonolgy been considered Civilized? Yes there is technology, but nothing can replace the skill of the american soldier. There are many un-maned vehicles, but many machines and such, cannot do all turrains or heights, nor can they "Self repair" if something doesnt work on the battlefield. So technology is faulty because man made it, so don't always depend on it.

Yes I know, some of you all will say "Arch, that's insane, you don't mind that he killed innocent people.. but when an American soldier kills one your like OMFG WTFBBQ?".
Funny but true, and very good point. No Arch Enemy your not insane, and I will defend my statement to any who wants to protest against it. As always its nice meeting you on the posts, and we agree on something! :mrgreen: Peace :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Damn, I wish gunsgodglory would respond...oh well.

Back
Top Bottom