• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:120]Is it systemic sexism when men serve more time than women for the same crimes?

You didn't even read the links this thread was built on. You're not interested in learning anything.
I saw what was posted and know it to be a big nothing burger. But hey, go ahead whine about it if you think it will somehow change things.

I saw what was posted and know it to be a big nothing burger. But hey, go ahead whine about it if you think it will somehow change things.

Having a conversation with somebody that won't even read the content of the opposing argument is like barking at the moon.

So you are not sure if this is the case?

I am not going to participate in a comparison of grievances. It's not productive. Giving attention to issues men face does not subtract from issues women face. All of these issues deserve attention and shouldn't be undermined by a victim competition.

I am not going to participate in a comparison of grievances. It's not productive. Giving attention to issues men face does not subtract from issues women face. All of these issues deserve attention and shouldn't be undermined by a victim competition.
Show some cases, in context, where men and women were treated differently and how widespread the reasoning for those cases is.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Show some cases, in context, where men and women were treated differently and how widespread the reasoning for those cases is.

You didn't look at the links either.

You didn't look at the links either.
No, I read 2 of the 3 before posting. None provide case by case comparisons. They are based on research only.

It's a relevant and valid question to ask. Don't make comments which suggest something to the contrary and not expect to have someone ask a question about that. Your comments sounded as if this whole debate is one dimensional.

I tend to think so.

yeah its messed up

Until girls start bringing me to a bar to get me drunk at their own expense and then persuade me to have sex in their house, paying me compliments, there is should be no question of gender equality!

If my daddy hadn't systemic sexisimed my momma, I wouldn't be here
Can someone please translate this to a standard form of English? Thanks.

It's a relevant and valid question to ask. Don't make comments which suggest something to the contrary and not expect to have someone ask a question about that. Your comments sounded as if this whole debate is one dimensional.

Saying men have issues that need to be discussed is not suggesting that men are bigger victims than women. It's not a competition.

Try to keep it in the English language the next time and we might think that it is funny.

Look up the word "joke". The thread title mentions "systemic sexism". I said "if my daddy hadn't 'systemic seximised' my momma I wouldn't be here."

If you can't wrap your mind around the underlying sarcasm in the made up term "systemic seximised" then maybe your corset is too tight. We here an onslaught of all kind of claims of "systemic" this or that to create a perpetual victim status class. "Systemic racism", "systemic sexism", systemic income inequality", "systemic homophobia", "systemic white privilege" and on and on.

Yeah, I am ridiculing that. Its all systemic idiocy.

Look up the word "joke". The thread title mentions "systemic sexism". I said "if my daddy hadn't 'systemic seximised' my momma I wouldn't be here."

If you can't wrap your mind around the underlying sarcasm in the made up term "systemic seximised" then maybe your corset is too tight. We here an onslaught of all kind of claims of "systemic" this or that to create a perpetual victim status class. "Systemic racism", "systemic sexism", systemic income inequality", "systemic homophobia", "systemic white privilege" and on and on.

Yeah, I am ridiculing that. Its all systemic idiocy.
That isn't funny or witty. It's just stupid.

That isn't funny or witty. It's just stupid.

It was a spin on comedian Chris Rock's joke about sexual harassment. "If my daddy didn't sexually harass my momma I wouldn't be here." Which was funny, because as we all know 90% of sexual harassment claims are fabricated BS anyway.

It was a spin on comedian Chris Rock's joke about sexual harassment. "If my daddy didn't sexually harass my momma I wouldn't be here." Which was funny, because as we all know 90% of sexual harassment claims are fabricated BS anyway.

Just like libertarianism.

Just like libertarianism.

What does that have to do with me? I'm not in the losertarian party. I am an independent conservative, which basically is me saying the Republican party is too liberal for me.

What does that have to do with me? I'm not in the losertarian party. I am an independent conservative, which basically is me saying the Republican party is too liberal for me.

I believe you.

I tend to think so.

Men are better at mowing the median strips and all that breaking big rocks into smaller rocks stuff.

Where in the studies does it show prior offenses and convictions? Where does it take their total records into account? Their records of violence?

I saw 'same crime' and many other factors, but not priors.

These are also things that are taken into consideration during sentencing.

Does it? Which group commits more crime, which group tends to be repeat offenders, which group tend commit the majority of violent crimes? Clue it isn't women. I am sure there are a handful of cases where a woman obviously got preferential treatment but I doubt it is the norm.
As you point out, the aspect of violence is very compelling. It harms the most people. I had a link to the FBI stats on crime and in those, 89% of all violent crime was committed by men.

That seems to indicate that men convicted of crimes are a greater threat to society and therefore, statistically it's rational to sentence them to reflect holding them accountable for the threat they pose.

I personally do not know the best way to approach this issue. That doesn't mean the issue shouldn't be brought up for discussion. If I was your boss I would rather you tell me about a problem and not have a solution than have you not bring it up at all.
If you cannot identify that there are actual injustices being committed on men...and harsher sentencing is only an observation...you have not identified a cause, only an assumption...their sex....then how can we comment on fixing it? You are assuming it's 'broken' because you are viewing it from a gender standpoint. How do you know it's not warranted? What is the predisposition to violence? To recidivism? To motive and influence?

Back
Top Bottom