• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it smart to go to Dollywood instead of Disney (due to your political ideals)?

Didn't we cancel Dolly when the name of Dixie Stampede was changed to Dolly's Stampede?

Yes, please. I dont wish to ever be in the company of a deplorable and I sure as hell am not going to Dollyland.
Dollywood is not really bad at all. And Dolly is in full support of LGBTQ+ people and issues. She laughs about having came in 3rd as herself at a drag queen contest. She donated to Covid vaccine research, and has supported the push to get people vaccinated. She has a program that sends out books to children up to age 5 every month (I think it's every month).

And this isn't new either. One of the things I first thought about here was how Chandler on Friends stated that his father spent all his extra money on an annual trip to Dollywood. Chandler's father who headlined a gay burlesque show and was played by the actress Kathleen Turner.

I have been to both and it’s hard to compare the two. Dollywood is a fun park and there is a lot to do in the area so a vacation can be planned around multiple event. Disney is a different experience almost other worldly, a lot of planning and preparation goes into that Illusion.
To me the purpose of a vaccination is a break from all the shit of daily life, don’t let politics rob you of enjoyment

My parents were quite happy to hear that I would have been seriously pissed about a Disneyland vacation.

I loved rides, sure. For a while we lived near Cinci. King's Island was really close. I think there was also a Six Flags somewhere around, but King's Island was much closer. But not the whole Disney thing. Blech.

Back
Top Bottom