• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is it right to politicize the aftermath of katrina?

Is it right to politicize the aftermath of katrina?

• Yes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
Duke said:
I don't like certain conservatives any more than you do, but do you have any eveidence on the hate mongering lies that the conservitives are saying? Anything to back that up? I just want to know of you are assuming they are or if you have any eveidnce. Sources?
Documented in posts 2-3 rounds above.

Oh, and:

DONATE EVEN MORE!!!
We are. Time and money. But no doubt we all could give a little bit more.

Thi nk about it. If you gave $4 and you get every neightbor to do so and so on, it would mean an extra billion for the relief effort. And the needs are indeed desperate right now.

Here is the American Red Corss site:
http://www.redcross.org/

They have options if giving money and/or time. If you have either, NOW is the time, not 3 days from now.

Like I have said early on in this thread and you can read my first post. I have criticized everyone in government for this. However, I have realized this isnt the time for it. The time is for help. We willhave the rest of our lives to point fingers. I am sorry if you feel its more important to point fingers. However, I will have no part of it and it seethes me to see people doing it.

I am sorry. But can you please put yourself behind you and please just help these people and be positive. Thats all I really ask.

SKILMATIC said:
Like I have said early on in this thread and you can read my first post. I have criticized everyone in government for this. However, I have realized this isnt the time for it. The time is for help. We willhave the rest of our lives to point fingers. I am sorry if you feel its more important to point fingers. However, I will have no part of it and it seethes me to see people doing it.

I am sorry. But can you please put yourself behind you and please just help these people and be positive. Thats all I really ask.

Well said :applaud

Thank you sir.

NOW LETS HELP THESE PEOPLE!!!

I think that those who carry any blame for deaths in the Katrina Hurricane, in any way, shape or form, should pay. But I think that we have more important things to worry about for the next few days, if you know what I mean. We should get this whole thing cleaned up, then we can go after the politicians who failed.

Duke

JOHNYJ said:
When the Entire govt. from the governor all the way up to the president are Republicans, yes.
They are in charge, they are responsible.
By the way, we have a democrat governor and the mayor of New Orleans is a DEMOCRAT, my apologies to the mods only, but go to hell.
They have the nerve to be congatulating each other ! they made the U S A look like haiti . America has been humiliated all over the world by this debacle.
By the way, those the closest to the disaster with no plan, governor and mayor, are blaming the guy who pre-emptively released the funds, that being the presidentl. BYE.

Logical conclusion is that a lot of people stuffed up.

vergiss said:
Logical conclusion is that a lot of people stuffed up.
You must do very well with logic problems, cause that's what we have been trying to tell people in other areas since the beginning. But we'll assign blame to the appropriate people when this is no longer a crisis, we are heartbroken but cool heads must prevail right now because we do no-one any good by being too upset to think and panic will only intensify the problems in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom