• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is It Right For A President To Have A Private Meeting With A SC Justice?

Is It Right For A President To Have A Private Meeting With A SC Justice?

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Seems like that would be a big no no, conflict of interest, and a matter of the utmost concern, a real constitutional crisis. Democracy would literally be at stake.

Why would it be jury tampering?

Seems like that would be a big no no, conflict of interest, and a matter of the utmost concern, a real constitutional crisis. Democracy would literally be at stake.

Should they just send them an email?

What's the relevance of this now?

Why would it be a problem?

No. Since the Prez is expected to choose a candidate from a list of persons largely vetted by others he is still the person who makes the final decision, so it would be expected that he interview her.

No. Since the Prez is expected to choose a candidate from a list of persons largely vetted by others he is still the person who makes the final decision, so it would be expected that he interview her.
This isn't about interviewing perspective justices to nominate. It is about having a private meeting with a justice already on the bench.

This isn't about interviewing perspective justices to nominate. It is about having a private meeting with a justice already on the bench.
No matter who the President is I consider SC Judges to be Honorable Men and Women that would never be swayed in their ruling by outside forces. Now if a President did have such a meeting in which they did try getting a Judge to rule a specific way I would say that is probably highly illegal and if discovered would require impeachment followed by Federal Criminal Charges.

No matter who the President is I consider SC Judges to be Honorable Men and Women that would never be swayed in their ruling by outside forces. Now if a President did have such a meeting in which they did try getting a Judge to rule a specific way I would say that is probably highly illegal and if discovered would require impeachment followed by Federal Criminal Charges.

Agree with you, but is that what you said about Kavanaugh ?

What could be better than lunch with RBG?

Agree with you, but is that what you said about Kavanaugh ?
I did not like him and did not find him fit for the high position. That said, yes, I would still trust him to be Honorable in his position, so far he has not done badly.

What could be better than lunch with RBG?
Agree, she would have been a very interesting person to spend eating some good food and just talking about the topics, one can always learn from the most brilliant among us. We will be lucky to ever find someone as highly qualified to sit on the SC.

I did not like him and did not find him fit for the high position. That said, yes, I would still trust him to be Honorable in his position, so far he has not done badly.

Fair enough response, problem is, the majority of people...on both sides, can't admit that their side is broken.

Fair enough response, problem is, the majority of people...on both sides, can't admit that their side is broken.
I only have one side, the USA. And yes, both sides have their issues.

Just had to be sure she would vote for him for president.

Yeah, right. If Trump set up a private meeting with a sitting justice the left would be screaming bloody murder and the constitution would be crumbling before our very eyes.

Trump was more successful........

I only have one side, the USA. And yes, both sides have their issues.
LOL. Oh please, your side is the left side. The right also have only one side, the US side. Would you agree with that?

Back
Top Bottom