• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it possible Hillary Clinton will win in a landslide in November?

Is it possible Hillary Clinton will win in a landslide in November?

Quinnipiac had a very interesting question concerning candidates one would not vote for. Rasmussen followed up with a poll of their one about the number of Republicans who would vote for someone else or not vote at all if Trump were not their nominee.

17% of Republicans state they would not vote for Trump if he is their nominee, 9% of that 17% state they would vote for Hillary Clinton, 2% will vote third party and 6% will not vote at all. 54% of independent said the same, they would never vote for Trump. Being Trump as the GOP nominee would need to win 55% of the independent vote to overcome the larger Democratic base vote, having 54% of them stating they wouldn’t vote for him period, I would say leaves him as a loser. Romney in 2012 won the independent vote 51-48 and still lost the election 51-47.

But what about Hillary Clinton, where does she stand? Only 6% of Democrats say they would never vote for her. 5% of that 6% state they will vote for Trump. 46% of independents have said they would never vote for Clinton. Now that leaves her with 54% that would, she only needs around 45-46% of their vote to win in November if that since 17% of Republicans will not be supporting their own nominee if Trump.

So if Trump is a losing proposition, what about the Republicans nominating someone else. This is where Rasmussen comes in. According to him 25% of Republicans have stated if Trump is not their nominee they either will not vote or vote for someone else. This 25% includes 12% who are more likely to opt for another candidate and 13% who are inclined to stay at home. In this case 8% of Republicans would vote for Hillary Clinton whereas Quinnipiac had that figure at 9%. Close enough.

Things do not look good for the Republicans for November. If Trump is their nominee 17% of Republicans stay home or vote for Hillary. If Trump isn’t their nominee 25% of them will not vote or vote for someone else which includes 8 or 9% of Republicans voting for Clinton.

This seems at the moment of dang if you do or dang if you don’t for the Republicans. In an election where the Republicans should win easily due to all of Clinton’s baggage, the American people as a whole distrusting her and not liking her much. It seems the GOP has become so fractured and divided no matter what they do it may be a landslide for the Democrats. I do not think there is any candidate available that can now unite the Republican Party for November. Trump has divided them, fractured them beyond repair. Trump has replaced President Obama and Hillary Clinton as the villain in the anti-Trump faction and the so called Republican establishment has replaced Clinton and Obama in the pro-Trump faction. Who would have thought?

No Trump, No Show for 33% of GOP Voters - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

https://www.qu.edu/images/polling/us/us03232016_Umk53pw.pdf

Hi Pero! So good to hear from you! :thumbs: The longer this GOP battle goes on, the worse it gets for them! Who would have thought that Trump could be so divisive that Hillary, with all her baggage, would be preferred? "Better the devil you know" type of thinking? A protest vote is just as valid as any other, I guess, but this election has the possibility of stacking the Supreme Court heavily on the Dem side, which means no more "nailbiter" 5-4 decisions. And the rumor that Obama hopes to become a SCOTUS Justice is becoming almost a daily topic, if Hillary wins, so there might be something to it. Bernie is gamely giving her a run for her money though, so I will look forward to see what Nate Silver and others have to say as time marches on... Yikes!

polgara;bt3455 said:
Hi Pero! So good to hear from you! :thumbs: The longer this GOP battle goes on, the worse it gets for them! Who would have thought that Trump could be so divisive that Hillary, with all her baggage, would be preferred? "Better the devil you know" type of thinking? A protest vote is just as valid as any other, I guess, but this election has the possibility of stacking the Supreme Court heavily on the Dem side, which means no more "nailbiter" 5-4 decisions. And the rumor that Obama hopes to become a SCOTUS Justice is becoming almost a daily topic, if Hillary wins, so there might be something to it. Bernie is gamely giving her a run for her money though, so I will look forward to see what Nate Silver and others have to say as time marches on... Yikes!

The fact is Trump is very divisive. He has ongoing feuds with both Jeb and George Bush, Cruz, Rubio and the party itself. Trump has made many, many enemies within the Republican Party and has driven some lifelong Republicans out of the party. His supporters are loyal to him, not the party and most could care less about the Republican Party. Trump doesn’t either as he just became a Republican sometime in 2012. In my opinion Trump is the ultimate snake oil salesman, like the old medicine man of the old west.

Without Trump, I mean without him from the get go you probably would be looking at a Republican victory in November. With him, he has Republicans hating Republicans, even more so than Democrats. The only solution is to let him be the GOP nominee. He has already torn the party to shreds. I realize we have a very long time to go until November and things could change. But unless Hillary is indicted, the numbers show her winning 55% of a very low turnout on election day. That could change, you’re looking at an electoral college landslide worse than 2008.

It will take time for those number to show up in my predictions as is normally the case. Trump trails Clinton in 7 of the 8 tossup states and I think it would be 8 of 8 except Colorado hasn’t been polled since last year. Clinton is ahead of Trump in Utah and is tied with him in Arizona. Two states that mare solid red. If Trump is having that much problems in those two states, think about the rest. Read this:

2016 Presidential Elections - Polls, Projections and Results

Back
Top Bottom