• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it politically correct to tell women "Happy Mother's Day!" when they are pregnant with their first baby?

Is it politically correct to wish pregnant women a Happy Mother's Day?

• Total voters

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
A woman know she is pregnant and decides to keep the baby no matter what. In her mind, the words baby and child are much better than embryo and fetus because the human life is her child.

While some people walk around showing off a baby bump, overweight women could be mistaken as pregnant There also are women who get abortions after everyone can see they are pregnant, not just fat.

Of course it is only an issue if you know the fetus will be her first kid.

Nope, because they might be a father.

"Happy Mother's Day to be" may be more appropriate.

A woman know she is pregnant and decides to keep the baby no matter what. In her mind, the words baby and child are much better than embryo and fetus because the human life is her child.

While some people walk around showing off a baby bump, overweight women could be mistaken as pregnant There also are women who get abortions after everyone can see they are pregnant, not just fat.

If I don't know you, I'm not saying anything.

How did it come to this - politicizing something as wholesome and sane as celebrating Mother's Day with our moms?

Who cares if they're just pregnant but haven't given birth yet? Screw that blasted satanic PC - tell your mom you love her, appreciate her, encourage her, bless her, lift her up for who and what she is, or will be, or was - a MOTHER.

For my mom, RIP:

1651988799007.png

What a silly thing to worry about.

If not PC all the more reason to wish Happy Mother's Day.
We need to honor those women too on Mothers Day who chose not to be mothers to their child but allowed their child to be born rather than having it killed. Very special people..

Of course. They are already mothers.

It would never occurr to me to say Happy Mothers Day to a woman who hasn't given birth yet.

The mother knows if she is pregnant weeks before she looks pregnant.

Yes, I know........................................ but your question shows that the person saying "Happy Mothers Day" would know she was pregnant.

It might have made sense to withhold the title of "mother" until birth, back when so many pregnancies ended tragically. But these days, when our healthcare has advanced to the point that--for industrialized nations at least--any babies at two months development are almost certain to be born unless we kill them, that bestowing the title on their mothers seems reasonable enough to me.

I would have to know she is pregnant, not just fat. Sometimes people can't tell the difference.
Surely that should go without saying.

I wouldn't go around wishing folks happy mothers day unless I knew they were already pregnant to begin with.

"Political correctness" generally isn't a factor in private conversations.

If you don't know someone well enough to know whether they'd appreciate the sentiment or not, you probably shouldn't be making any such intimate statements to them in the first place.

Of course, if you just made them up to attempt to make some obscure political point (whatever it was), the whole thing is moot anyway.

I wouldn't go around wishing folks happy mothers day unless I knew they were already pregnant to begin with.
I don't know - we say "Happy Puppy Mother's/Father's Day" to one another too. :)

It's almost like being a mom, or dad - or at least our family & friends think so. :)

LOL who cares? If she is about to pop and you know it's a wanted pregnancy then why not?

I do wonder if the holiday will change to Happy infant supply day.

So if you know she is pregnant, you would wish her a happy mother's day?

Back
Top Bottom