• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it OK to abort a gay baby?

Gay baby

• Yes

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 42 54.5%

• Total voters
if I want to remove a vital organ such as my heart, it should be legal because its MY BODY and MY CHOICE. I don't want an organ such as my heart extracting resources, therefore that justifies it being removed by a doctor.

Wouldnt removing your heart willingly be suicide in the scenario you put? If it's physician assisted isn't it called euthanasia? Isn't that illegal in every state except Oregon?

My possition on that is the same as in abortion : "Hey if you wanna do it go for it, you just gotta live with the consequences after."

I label people in this forum liberals or from the left....I label people in the news radical.........I don't mean it as and insult when I call you a liberal......That is what you are...You should be proud of it........I am a very conservative person and proud of it..........Why are you so ashamed of your liberalism?
I am certainly not am not ashamed to be called Liberal. I consider it the same as being called, an American, Creative, productive, open to new ideas and thought.

Now the way I see it if one says it is ok to abort a gay baby, one is really saying that abortion is OK. How one can look at baby and tell if it gonna be gay or hetero, left of right, up or down, President of the United States or Just a candidate, Catholic or Mormon, a Criminal or hero?

Below is what I think your reply resembles.

Nobody cares about your anecotal so-called evidence;

Saying that nobody cares about my anecotal so-called evidence is a statement based off an assumption which I think is most likely untrue and isn't related in the debate.

it's meaningless in the context of this debate.

Another assumption that my so-called evidence is meaningless in the context of the debate. The fact that you are arguing and debating over my evidence is odd since you believed based off this statement that it is meaningless.

I won't bother to respond with stories about women who have been raped

So? That statement has nothing to do with abortion. For the statement to be proven true, time would have to pass until one of the triggers or conditions of the statement can't happen to cause an action.

Still don't understand?

The word "won't" is the same as the word "will not"

For example, saying "This machine will always operate." Is an unproven statement since you can't accurately predict the future to determine that the machine will not operate at a certain time.

which would be equally meaningless to you.

Your again making another statement based off a false assumption since it isn't meaningless to me.

I won't even bother to respond with a story about a 21-year-old woman who had two kids already and got pregnant as a result of birth control failure

Another unproven statement that has yet to be proven wrong in the future.

(she was married at the time, although her marriage was on the rocks and would end shortly)

So what?

and didn't want any more kids so she had an abortion, and never regretted it for a second.

So what? Some murders don't regret murdering, I'm clueless on what point the statement was supposed to give me.

All of these anecdotes, if they prove anything, only prove that every situation is different, and nobody has the right to judge others, because nobody really knows what's best in any given situation except the people involved in it.

Saying that all of these (that you referred to) anecdotes only prove that every situation is different is yet another statement based on assumption. Saying that nobody has the right to judge others is simply another opinion or unproven statement. Saying that the reason why nobody has the right to judge others is because that nobody really knows what's best in any given situation except the people involved in it is an unproven or your own explanation.

What do you mean by nobody really knows what's best in any given situation except the people involved in it? The statement doesn't make logical sense to me.

You can think whatever you want about the moral correctness of abortion, and nobody will ever force you to have one if you don't want to. That's the beauty of "choice".

Saying that I can think whatever I want about the moral correctness of abortion is another unproven statement since I might be unable to think what I want to think. Saying that nobody will ever force me to have one (abortion) is an unproven statement because the conditions of the statement are still possible and should be possible until one of the conditions can't happen.

In fact, sometimes we "bang" people so hard they die,but we don't care;

So what?
I don't understand what group of people "we" selects.

we just shove their corpses out of the bed, grab somebody else, and carry on with business.

So what?
Again, I don't understand what group of people "we" selects.

We couldn't care less.

Case less about what?
I don't understand what group of people "we" selects.

In fact, I don't know of any self-respecting prochoicer who doesn't have a whole pile of corpses next to his or her bed, or under it...

So what? I don't believe what you do or do not know should make the justification of an abortion.

well, except maybe the Cap'n, but he's sort of a half-arsed prochoicer, by his own admission.

Who is "Cap'n" and so what?

Yippee-skippy for you. I could say the same; I never had sex either until I met someone I wanted to have a child with.

So what?

In fact, I wanted to have two children with him.

So what?

But neither of us wanted to have three.

So what? Your point?

MY life, MY body, MY CHOICE.

I didn't derive a justification that abortion is morally acceptable from your statements.

Your callous dismissal of rape victims leads me to the conclusion that you're probably not going to have anything very worthwhile to contribute here

How do you know that I am probably not going to have anything worthwhile to contribute here presently and in the future? Can you predict the future?

so perhaps we should simply let the grown-ups get back to the discussion at hand

What group of people including you are you referring to?
Remember that the word "we" is the nominative plural of I, so you said that perhaps yourself and others should simply let the grown-ups get back to the discussion at hand.

which is not simply "Abortion: yea or nay" (we have an entire section of the forum for that), but "Aborting fetuses who carry a gay gene: yea or nay?"

Your point being?

Your replies haven't even come close to dent my belief that abortion is murder.

Perhaps you should refrain from making false statements, assumptions, broken analogies, or a set of conditions to justify abortion to try to convert people to believe abortion is morally correct. People can believe different things, just analyze the Muslim group of people.

Last edited:
CoffieSaint,
You confuse the argument of current legality with what is logically consistent, you admitted that you would do to me what you say no one has a right to do to anyone, you admitted and accepted the label of "hypocrite", you have straw manned my argument of a right over my child by counter arguing her bodily sovereignty (something which does not exist).

You have proven my claim:

...which was the point you contested.

Hold your views as they are, that's fine, but you have failed to defend PC as being a logical outlook on abortion.

On this thread at least, PC stands in ruin.

I'd like to make a counter-claim, if I may.

Society exists in order to protect the individual rights and freedoms of its members, and to give those members the best possible chance at a fruitful and productive life. In order to do this, society must protect some of its individual members from other individual members, who seek to limit the rights and freedoms of individuals for purposes of selfish gain. As those selfish members are seeking to reduce the chances of members of society to live fruitful and productive lives, society has the right to censure them so that their actions may not begin a chain of people imposing their will upon others, thus reducing the individuals rights and freedoms of society to nothing.

If the manner by which society attempts to stop selfish people from removing the rights of others is through law and punishment, then society has the right to do so.

If the manner by which society enacts those laws and punishments is democracy, then individual members of society, acting in their role as watchdogs over the individual freedoms of society's members, have the right to vote to obstruct the desires of those who would reduce the freedoms of other individuals.

In other words, you are trying to reduce the freedom of an individual member of society, and I, as another member of society, have the right to vote for laws that would obstruct your desires, so long as my aim is to protect the rights of other members of society.

You do not have the right to impose your individual will upon another member of society for selfish gain (selfish as in the desires that would be satisfied are only yours), but I have the right to impose my will, as part of society's collective will, upon you to stop you doing so. If your will were involved in protecting your individual rights, rather than infringing on the rights of another, then I would not have the right to impose my will upon you, nor would society.

A woman does have the right to abort a fetus that is within her, as she is seeking to protect her individual rights and freedoms, and is not reducing the rights and freedoms of another member of society.

Unfortunately, this does take us back to fetal personhood. But at least it shows that I am not a hypocrite.:mrgreen:

Society exists in order to protect the individual rights and freedoms of its members, and to give those members the best possible chance at a fruitful and productive life.

Society does not exist in order to protect the individual rights and freedoms of its members. Society did not come about to protect the individual rights and freedoms of its members.
Government takes away rights.

Without government, nothing would be illegal. Saying that government gives you rights is incorrect since I would have those same rights if the government did not exist.

A woman does have the right to abort a fetus that is within her, as she is seeking to protect her individual rights and freedoms, and is not reducing the rights and freedoms of another member of society.

If that were true, then why is it illegal to have an abortion after a certian period of time after conception? Biologically the difference between a Fetus changing into a Morula for after one day is somewhat equally the same.

Do you believe its morally correct to kill the baby (by stabbing it) a few hours before it might get born, a few minutes before it might get born? When do you believe it gains life status?

Last edited:
If that were true, then why is it illegal to have an abortion after a certian period of time after conception?

Because previously, advocates of reproductive choice have compromised with prolifers and conceded too much in an effort at appeasement (same reason there's "Laci's Law" and similar fetal homicide laws in other states).
Since it is now clear that Prolifers are not interested in compromise and are in fact interested in nothing less than outright illegalization of all abortion in all cases, including rape and health, with an eye to ultimately banning all contraception as well... we now deal with them accordingly.
The time for compromise has passed; in fact, it was a mistake to ever exercise diplomacy in this situation at all. Prolifers merely took it as weakness and now use it to beat us over the head with ("If women have the right to bodily sovereignty, then why are third trimester abortions restricted?", "If abortion isn't child-murder, then why is there Laci's Law?"", etc, ad nauseum).
These things are the way they are because we permitted them to be that way, because prolifers claimed that's all they wanted, and that if we agreed then they'd start acting reasonable.
But they lied; they took it as license to attempt ever more radical tactics.
So now, there won't be any more compromises of that sort.
In fact, things we might have compromised on in the past (such as parental notification laws), we are now no longer willing to compromise on.
People like you have pushed us to this extreme position.
You see, what you want is to relegate females to non-human status, to abrogate the civil and human rights of more than half of the population of the United States. There can no longer be any mistake about the prolife agenda- they've tipped their hand stupidly during the years of the bush administration; now we all know what they're after, and we realize how detrimental compromise was, and how costly and dangerous any future compromise will be.
So don't look for the mainstream American public (which is pro-choice!) to be supporting any future "Laci's laws" or parental notifications, regardless of what sort of pretty packaging you wrap them in.
We basically don't give a crap anymore. Not even as a feel-good measure to help assuage the sorrow of the relatives of murdered pregnant women will we budge one more inch on women's reproductive rights.
We know what you're really after. And there is not a chance in hell you will ever accomplish it.

Because previously, advocates of reproductive choice have compromised with prolifers and conceded too much in an effort at appeasement (same reason there's "Laci's Law" and similar fetal homicide laws in other states).
Since it is now clear that Prolifers are not interested in compromise and are in fact interested in nothing less than outright illegalization of all abortion in all cases, including rape and health, with an eye to ultimately banning all contraception as well... we now deal with them accordingly.
The time for compromise has passed; in fact, it was a mistake to ever exercise diplomacy in this situation at all. Prolifers merely took it as weakness and now use it to beat us over the head with ("If women have the right to bodily sovereignty, then why are third trimester abortions restricted?", "If abortion isn't child-murder, then why is there Laci's Law?"", etc, ad nauseum).
These things are the way they are because we permitted them to be that way, because prolifers claimed that's all they wanted, and that if we agreed then they'd start acting reasonable.
In fact, things we might have compromised on in the past (such as parental notification laws), we are now no longer willing to compromise on.
You see, what you want is to relegate females to non-human status, to abrogate the civil and human rights of more than half of the population of the United States. There can no longer be any mistake about the prolife agenda- they've tipped their hand stupidly during the years of the bush administration; now we all know what they're after, and we realize how detrimental compromise was, and how costly and dangerous any future compromise will be.
So don't look for the mainstream American public (which is pro-choice!) to be supporting any future "Laci's laws" or parental notifications, regardless of what sort of pretty packaging you wrap them in.
We basically don't give a crap anymore. Not even as a feel-good measure to help assuage the sorrow of the relatives of murdered pregnant women will we budge one more inch on women's reproductive rights.
We know what you're really after. And there is not a chance in hell you will ever accomplish it.

That's all a very blatant lie in response to the question posed. Roe vs. Wade decided states could intervene in the third trimester. It's not as if prochoicers gave in and eventually compromised. What a bunch of horsehite. And then to have the audacity to say prolifers took advantage of the prochoice compromise.

No it is the other side that took advantage. It is the other side that pleaded for the sake of raped women, medical problems, and extreme hardship to get abortion legal. And now the procedure has become common place.

I don't like frigging liars. To suggest that third trimester abortion is illegal in some states because of some ridiculous suggestion of a compromise on your camp's part is just evidence of the type of drivel and lies your side resorts to.

I am certainly not am not ashamed to be called Liberal. I consider it the same as being called, an American, Creative, productive, open to new ideas and thought.

Now the way I see it if one says it is ok to abort a gay baby, one is really saying that abortion is OK. How one can look at baby and tell if it gonna be gay or hetero, left of right, up or down, President of the United States or Just a candidate, Catholic or Mormon, a Criminal or hero?

What part of the word hypothetical do you not understand?

I have said this before but it is worth repeating........I think unnecessary abortions (abortions where the mothers life is not endangered) are the most barbaric act one human being can perform on another and the people that have these abortions and the butcher abortion doctors that perform them will someday have to answer to their maker for those barbaric acts.....

May God bless the innocent unborn in the womb...........

Because previously, advocates of reproductive choice have compromised with prolifers and conceded too much in an effort at appeasement

Statement based off an unproven assumption.

(same reason there's "Laci's Law" and similar fetal homicide laws in other states).

In your own opinion a law made to cater to appeasement?

Since it is now clear that Prolifers are not interested in compromise and are in fact interested in nothing less than outright illegalization of all abortion in all cases,
How do you know prolifers are not interested in compromise. How do I know your not interested in compromise? Your statement is also opinion and assumption.

including rape and health, with an eye to ultimately banning all contraception as well... we now deal with them accordingly.

What group of people does "we" refer to? Communicating that all of a group of people do something without evidence is yet another unproven assumption.

The time for compromise has passed;

How do you know it has passed? Can you predict the future?

in fact, it was a mistake to ever exercise diplomacy in this situation at all.

This unproven statement implies that diplomacy was exercised and a mistake was made in the past to exercise diplomacy.

Prolifers merely took it as weakness and now use it to beat us over the head with ("If women have the right to bodily sovereignty, then why are third trimester abortions restricted?", "If abortion isn't child-murder, then why is there Laci's Law?"", etc, ad nauseum).

Are you saying all prolifers merely took it as a weakness and now use it to beat you and a group of people over the head with?

Your statement generalizes about a group of people, Hitler made generalizing statements about Jewish people.

These things are the way they are because we permitted them to be that way,

What group of people does we select? How do you know that all of the people in that group permitted them to be that way?

because prolifers claimed that's all they wanted, and that if we agreed then they'd start acting reasonable.

A lot of your statements generalize about what a group of people want or take action. Saying that all Jews have brown eyes is generalizing about a group of people.

What group of people is "they" referring to? How do you know they took it as a license to attempt ever more radical tactics. Again the statement you posted is generalizing about a group of people.

How do you know there will not be any more compromises of that sort?
This statement is unproven since nobody yet knows if there will be compromises in the future.

In fact, things we might have compromised on in the past (such as parental notification laws),

Another statement generalizing about a group of people. How do you know that everyone that supports abortion also is or is not against parental notification laws?

we are now no longer willing to compromise on.

Another statement that generalizes about a group of people. What group of people does we refer to? The statement implies that a group of people including you were willing to compromise.

The statement generalizes about a group of people. Who does us refer to? What extreme position?

You see, what you want is to relegate females to non-human status,

You are assuming that the person you are communicating to wants to relegate females to non-human status. Another statement based on an assumption.

to abrogate the civil and human rights of more than half of the population of the United States.

The statement is an unproven statement assuming that civil and human rights of more than half of the population of the United States will be abolished.

There can no longer be any mistake about the prolife agenda- they've tipped their hand stupidly during the years of the bush administration;

How do you know there can no longer be any mistake about the prolife agenda? The statement implies that it can not no longer be any mistake about the prolife agenda.

What group of people are you referring to? The statement generalizes about a group of people.

now we all know what they're after, and we realize how detrimental compromise was, and how costly and dangerous any future compromise will be.

What two groups of people are you referring to? How do you know future compromise will be costly and dangerous? Can you predict the future? The statement generalizes about a group of people. The statement is based off unproven assumptions.

Why are you trying to command me to not look for the mainsteam American public to be supporting any future "Laci's laws" or parental notifications? I think it has nothing to do with the debate and the statement generalizes about a group of people.

We basically don't give a crap anymore.

What group of people are you referring to? This statement generalizes about a group of people.

Not even as a feel-good measure to help assuage the sorrow of the relatives of murdered pregnant women will we budge one more inch on women's reproductive rights.

This statement assumes that all of the relatives of murdered pregnant woman have sorrow. Another statement that generalizes about a group of people. For example how do you know that one of the relatives is mentally unable to have sorrow or is in a vegetative state?

This statement generalizes about a group of people. How do you know that a group of people know what the person you are communicating to know what he or she is really after? How do you know that the person you are communicating to will never in the future accomplish the subject you are referring to?

I take it you make statements that generalize about a group of people to try and trick people to believe in a certain idea from a perspective you want people to see.

Why don't you try comparing your statements that generalize about a group of people with these,"All young drivers cause accidents", "They all don't like woman and want them to be slaves.", "The reason why they want abortion outlawed is because they don't want woman to have rights."

What two groups of people are you referring to?

Antichoice extremists, and sane people.

How do you know future compromise will be costly and dangerous?

From hard-earned experience.

Can you predict the future?

We all can.
That's why, last month, we routed antichoice republicans out of Congress en masse, replaced them with prochoice Democrats, and voted down every piece of antichoice legislation proposed, including an abortion ban in South Dakota and parental notification laws in California and Oregon that we might've considered just a few years ago (well, then again.. maybe not; this was the second time California voters had rejected the proposal).

The statement generalizes about a group of people.

Yes, it does. And with good reason. The group of people in question are misogynists, who want to harm me and all women, and whose agenda includes plans to destroy the country I love.

The statement is based off unproven assumptions.

No; it is made from hard-earned experience, and from lessons we didn't learn until it was almost too late.

Society does not exist in order to protect the individual rights and freedoms of its members. Society did not come about to protect the individual rights and freedoms of its members.

No, government exists to protect rights; people take rights away from each other. If we did not have government and laws, then we would be living in an anarchy, in which might would make right, and anyone could take away anyone else's rights for selfish purposes as long as the selfish one was physically stronger.
Society exists to give us a better life. If we didn't need society, we wouldn't have one.

Without government, nothing would be illegal. Saying that government gives you rights is incorrect since I would have those same rights if the government did not exist.

No, you would have no rights except those you kept through violence, and anyone who could do more damage to you than you could do to them would take those rights away from you, leaving you a slave. That's what happens when nothing is illegal: everybody does whatever they want, to whoever they want. It isn't a happy thing.

If that were true, then why is it illegal to have an abortion after a certian period of time after conception? Biologically the difference between a Fetus changing into a Morula for after one day is somewhat equally the same.

Do you believe its morally correct to kill the baby (by stabbing it) a few hours before it might get born, a few minutes before it might get born? When do you believe it gains life status?

First, it isn't universally illegal to have an abortion after a certain length of gestation; the mother can always have an abortion if her life is in danger, as far as I know. Second, it becomes less clear-cut when you reach the stage of arguable viability, because the fetus starts to take on enough characteristics of a born person to (possibly) qualify for personhood -- which means the mother's option to abort it may become a case of her taking rights away from another person, rather than a non-person.

Do I believe it is morally correct to kill a fetus moments before it is born? I'll need to know your particular level of fanaticism before I answer that. Are you willing to concede that there is gray area in the issue, or do you believe that the fetus's life is always of utmost importance, and any concession I make toward your position makes me a wishy-washy hypocrite, and/or proves that you are absolutely right and I am absolutely wrong?

I'd like to make a counter-claim, if I may.

You can try, but I have an "easy" button on you, so you had better have a logical point.

Society exists in order to protect the individual rights and freedoms of its members, and to give those members the best possible chance at a fruitful and productive life.

False premise #1:
That would be why the U.S. Constitution exists, as surly "society" has not held the interests of individual freedom for the individual....take radical Islam, for example. That "society" does not exist for the purpose you claim, so your claim is false.

In order to do this, society must protect some of its individual members from other individual members, who seek to limit the rights and freedoms of individuals for purposes of selfish gain. As those selfish members are seeking to reduce the chances of members of society to live fruitful and productive lives, society has the right to censure them so that their actions may not begin a chain of people imposing their will upon others, thus reducing the individuals rights and freedoms of society to nothing.

False premise #2:
Even if "society" existed for the purpose you assume: eliminating late term abortion, affording men a legal tool in protecting their children from their mother's violence, affording parents a legal tool in protecting their grandchildren from their minor-child's violence, providing a legal compulsion against the violation of what is arguably "a compelling state interest" in the protection of late-term unborn can not be accurately cast in the negative light of "for purposes of selfish gain".

If the manner by which society attempts to stop selfish people from removing the rights of others is through law and punishment, then society has the right to do so.

If the manner by which society enacts those laws and punishments is democracy, then individual members of society, acting in their role as watchdogs over the individual freedoms of society's members, have the right to vote to obstruct the desires of those who would reduce the freedoms of other individuals.

In other words, you are trying to reduce the freedom of an individual member of society, and I, as another member of society, have the right to vote for laws that would obstruct your desires, so long as my aim is to protect the rights of other members of society.

Word for word that is the Pro-Life argument.

You do not have the right to impose your individual will upon another member of society for selfish gain (selfish as in the desires that would be satisfied are only yours), but I have the right to impose my will, as part of society's collective will, upon you to stop you doing so.

All mainstream PL does is the exact same methodology as mainstream PC: each vote, write Representatives, hold rallies, pass petitions, etc. In the end PL is casting votes and speaking out, no different than PC, yet it is PC who claims that PL is somehow a villain for exorcizing their perfectly legal constitutional right to vote in the manner they please.

You are just like PL in this way, so if they have no legitimate ground to attempt to have their will in the law, neither do you.

If your will were involved in protecting your individual rights, rather than infringing on the rights of another, then I would not have the right to impose my will upon you, nor would society. A woman does have the right to abort a fetus that is within her, as she is seeking to protect her individual rights and freedoms, and is not reducing the rights and freedoms of another member of society.

False premise #3:
Abortion is not a right.

This very easily leads into an involved conversation on Roe and what laws have come into being since 1973 which logically change the outcome of Roe based on the reasoning in Roe, however I will not divert to that here.

Abortion is not a "right" specifically granted nor denied by the Constitution, there for abortion is a state issue, and if a given state establishes abortion as a right, then we will have to pick this up when we have actual legislation before us and can see the terms of it.

Also, remember, rights have rank.

My right to the "care, control and custody" of my child -vs- her legal ability (not right) to violate my said right is a vicious fight on both fronts.

My argument supported by Troxel is an argument seeking to protect my individual rights from being violated. By arguing against it in the manner that you have, saying that a woman should have the right to abort my child simply if she decides that it's bad luck because she sneezed, you argue against my individual right, and those are guilty of what you say no one should do to another.

Unfortunately, this does take us back to fetal personhood. But at least it shows that I am not a hypocrite.

You just labled yourself a hypocrite, then.
So be it.

You double speak.

Also, please keep in mind that if SCOTUS were to establish "personhood" prenataly, they need not do it at conception. "Personhood" could be established prenataly at such a time where the ZEF has a formed and functional neural cortex, and I doubt that PC nor PL would have much, if any, solid legal ground to argue if that happened.

Quite right.

Rights are issued by God's law (the "Laws of Nature") and it is government (the laws of Man) which seeks to take them away.

You may also note that the structure of the Constitution is such that, rather than establish various rights, it assumes that such rights already exist and seeks to restrain government.

There is not one right that we enjoy today which is established in the Constitution. Protected and illuminated , yes, but not established.

Antichoice extremists, and sane people.

This reply implies that antichoice extremists are not sane people. I find that hard to believe without statistical evidence to back that claim.

My question was--
How do you know future compromise will be costly and dangerous?

your reply was--
From hard-earned experience.

Your reply makes no logical sense since you do not yet know compromise that will be costly and dangerous, assuming it will happen in the future.

We all can.
That's why, last month, we routed antichoice republicans out of Congress en masse, replaced them with prochoice Democrats, and voted down every piece of antichoice legislation proposed, including an abortion ban in South Dakota and parental notification laws in California and Oregon that we might've considered just a few years ago (well, then again.. maybe not; this was the second time California voters had rejected the proposal).

If you can predict the future, then predict the next california super lotto numbers. Who is "we" referring to again?

Yes, it does. And with good reason. The group of people in question are misogynists, who want to harm me and all women, and whose agenda includes plans to destroy the country I love.

Just because you assume there are misogynists out there who want to harm you and all woman does not mean abortion should be legal. Do you think woman in the 19th century rights were violated when abortion proceedures weren't done partially due to lack of technology?

Infact are you a feminist sexist?

I said--
The statement is based off unproven assumptions.

You replied--
No; it is made from hard-earned experience, and from lessons we didn't learn until it was almost too late.

Your statement makes no logical since. Hard-earned experience does not contribute to the validity to the statements you make.

The fact that you believe advocating for women to retain the right to bodily sovereignty is "sexist" shows that you yourself are sexist; as if that weren't already obvious from your previous callous dismissal of the plight of rape victims.

Nes said:

The fact that you believe advocating for women to retain the right to bodily sovereignty is "sexist" shows that you yourself are sexist; as if that weren't already obvious from your previous callous dismissal of the plight of rape victims.

I simply asked a question, not a statement. I didn't say that advocating for women to retain the right to bodily sovereignty is "sexist". I sugguest you also stop assuming what I believe.
Did you know that a woman can rape a man? Stastically it is rare, but it does infact happen. Are you declaring woman the "victims"?

I believe that according to you, woman could not retain the right to bodily sovereignty during a certian period of time when the abortion proceedure was not yet established (pre 1900s). Was it big issue for woman wanting to have abortions? Some woman used to have lots of kids and actually risk dying (from disease) to give birth. Not the ignorant feminist mentially I that I observed recently.

I simply asked a question, not a statement. I didn't say that advocating for women to retain the right to bodily sovereignty is "sexist". I sugguest you also stop assuming what I believe.
Did you know that a woman can rape a man? Stastically it is rare, but it does infact happen. Are you declaring woman the "victims"?

I believe that according to you, woman could not retain the right to bodily sovereignty during a certian period of time when the abortion proceedure was not yet established (pre 1900s). Was it big issue for woman wanting to have abortions? Some woman used to have lots of kids and actually risk dying (from disease) to give birth. Not the ignorant feminist mentially I that I observed recently.

Abortion has been in existence since ancient times; it has been practiced in every culture and civilization ever studied.
In the early Roman Catholic church, abortion was permitted for male fetuses in the first 40 days of pregnancy and for female fetuses in the first 80-90 days. Not until 1588 did Pope Sixtus V declare all abortion murder, with excommunication as the punishment. Only 3 years later a new pope found the absolute sanction unworkable and again allowed early abortions.
This remained the official position of the Church until 1869, when Pope Pius IX again declared all abortion murder.
Only then did Europe, the UK, and the United States begin to pass laws against abortion.
Previous to that, abortion was legal in the United States from the time the earliest settlers arrived. At the time the Constitution was adopted, abortions before "quickening" were openly advertised and commonly performed. Up until the late 1800s, abortifacient "patent medicines" were openly sold in drug and department stores, and even out of the Sears Roebuck catalogue.
After Pius IX's edict, states one by one passed legislation against abortion; it was not banned in all states until 1889.
Since it was legalized again in 1973, abortion was banned for a grand total of less than 100 years, in the entire history of human civilization (and that's counting the three years it was banned in the sixteenth century: 1588 to 1591).
It is highly unlikely this failed social experiment will ever be repeated.
At this point, I'd say it's more likely the government would reinstate Prohibition of alcohol than ban abortion again. Which is to say, it's not very likely at all.

Abortion has been in existence since ancient times; it has been practiced in every culture and civilization ever studied.

Can't stop lying? Saying that abortion has been in existence since ancient times I believe is complete bs. Nearly everybody did not know about cells or the development stages of a baby. Making the statement that it has been practiced in every culture and civilization ever studied without any evidence for such a claim sounds like a lie to me.

In the early Roman Catholic church, abortion was permitted for male fetuses in the first 40 days of pregnancy and for female fetuses in the first 80-90 days.

Are you retarded? How would they determine if the baby would turn out to be a boy or girl after 40 days of conception before America was discovered by Europeans? So, what technology was used to determine if the baby would turn up as a boy or girl without pulling the baby out of the womb?

I currently plan to not respond to the rest of your post since I believe it contains more lies. I believe that you just lie to try and convert the gullible to believe your feminist biasness.

Can't stop lying? Saying that abortion has been in existence since ancient times I believe is complete bs. Nearly everybody did not know about cells or the development stages of a baby. Making the statement that it has been practiced in every culture and civilization ever studied without any evidence for such a claim sounds like a lie to me.

Are you retarded? How would they determine if the baby would turn out to be a boy or girl after 40 days of conception before America was discovered by Europeans? So, what technology was used to determine if the baby would turn up as a boy or girl without pulling the baby out of the womb?

I currently plan to not respond to the rest of your post since I believe it contains more lies. I believe that you just lie to try and convert the gullible to believe your feminist biasness.

The most influential scholar of ancient times, Aristotle (ca. 350 BC) developed a gestational time line that proved remarkably durable. Aristotle believed embryos pass through three distinct stages: 1) the nutritive/vegetative stage, characteristic of plants; 2) the sensitive stage, characteristic of animals, and, finally; 3) the intellectual/rational stage, where it becomes fully human. He maintained that the male fetus reached the recognizably human stage at about 40 days while the female arrived at that stage in 80-90 days.

The early Christians adopted Aristotle's typology. Augustine, Bishop of Hippo (ca. 415 AD), one of the most influential Catholic theologians, proposed that abortion should not be regarded "as homicide, for there cannot be a living soul in a body that lacks sensation due to its not yet being formed."
For Augustine, an abortion required penance only for the sexual aspect of the sin. Echoing Aristotle, Augustine believed that "hominization" took place at 40 days after conception for males and 80 days for females. Thomas Aquinas (ca. 1250) also embraced Aristotle's view that a fetus is first endowed with a vegetative soul, then an animal soul, and then - when its body is fully developed - a rational, human soul.
At the beginning of the 13th century Pope Innocent II proposed that "quickening"(the time when the woman first feels the fetus move within her) was the moment at which abortion became homicide.
In 1591, Pope Gregory XIV proclaimed that quickening occurred after 116 days. His declaration that early abortion was not grounds for excommunication guided Church policy until 1869.

This is all well documented Canon law.
I've given you names and dates.
It's time to do your own research now, if you wish to refute these claims (hint: you can't; they are irrefutable... but don't let that stop you from trying).
Throwing a tantrum and calling me "retarded" and "a liar" is not convincing anyone, nor adding an iota of credibility to your case.

You can try, but I have an "easy" button on you, so you had better have a logical point.

False premise #1:
That would be why the U.S. Constitution exists, as surly "society" has not held the interests of individual freedom for the individual....take radical Islam, for example. That "society" does not exist for the purpose you claim, so your claim is false.

No, society has most definitely held the individual interests of its members at heart. Radical Islamic societies act the way they do because they have a specific purpose: to ensure that the greatest number possible of their members reach Paradise. But we are speaking of American society, which exists to promote and protect the individual freedoms of its members. So the claim is not false, since we are not speaking of radical Islamic societies.

False premise #2:
Even if "society" existed for the purpose you assume: eliminating late term abortion, affording men a legal tool in protecting their children from their mother's violence, affording parents a legal tool in protecting their grandchildren from their minor-child's violence, providing a legal compulsion against the violation of what is arguably "a compelling state interest" in the protection of late-term unborn can not be accurately cast in the negative light of "for purposes of selfish gain".

It is for selfish gain. As I pointed out, you have every right to have another child with another woman; your demand that it be THIS child, born to term by THIS woman, is your self-centered wish, based solely on your desires. You are not protecting the rights of the child in this argument, you are protecting your rights to your property. The state has a compelling interest in preventing you from making another member of society into your property -- namely your wife.

We are speaking of your hypothetical right to protect the life of your child, as an individual. We are not speaking of the right of pro-life people to vote their conscience and try to eliminate abortion. They have that right, provided their goal is to serve the best interests of society -- which is to protect the individual's freedoms. If their goal is selfish, and infringes unjustly on the rights of individual members of this society, then the laws they enact should be stricken down. They do, however, have the right to try to find a way to achieve their goals within that framework, or, should there be enough pro-life people in the country, to change the Constitution and to change the goals of our society. You, as an individual, do not have the right to force your wife to surrender her freedom for your selfish desires.

Come to think of it, the child does not have the right to force the mother to surrender her freedom for its selfish desires, either. In essence, it is a question of who has first claim to sovereignty over the body in question, and the answer must always be the woman whose body it is. Not the parents of the minor children (who are enslaving their daughter in order to protect their grandchild -- hardly a moral stance) nor the husband who impregnated her, nor the child who parasitizes her. It is her body, it is her freedom; all the rest of you are infringing on it, and society has the right to stop you.

Word for word that is the Pro-Life argument.
Then you agree with me?

All mainstream PL does is the exact same methodology as mainstream PC: each vote, write Representatives, hold rallies, pass petitions, etc. In the end PL is casting votes and speaking out, no different than PC, yet it is PC who claims that PL is somehow a villain for exorcizing their perfectly legal constitutional right to vote in the manner they please.
In this thread, I am not painting pro-life as a villain, I am painting you as the villain, since you offered yourself for that role. Pro-life has the right to try to eliminate abortion as long as they are not doing it for selfish reasons, and as long as their efforts are intended to protect the freedoms of the individual members of society. I doubt that is the goal of the pro-life movement, but if you can make an argument that it is, then so be it: I'll see you at the polls.

You are just like PL in this way, so if they have no legitimate ground to attempt to have their will in the law, neither do you.

There is a difference: which side is attempting to live up to the purpose of society, which is to enact laws to protect the freedoms and rights of its individual members? It is not pro-life, which seeks to reduce the freedoms of individual members of society. If the ends are not moral, then the means do not excuse the ends.

False premise #3:
Abortion is not a right.

This very easily leads into an involved conversation on Roe and what laws have come into being since 1973 which logically change the outcome of Roe based on the reasoning in Roe, however I will not divert to that here.

Abortion is not a "right" specifically granted nor denied by the Constitution, there for abortion is a state issue, and if a given state establishes abortion as a right, then we will have to pick this up when we have actual legislation before us and can see the terms of it.

The right to force a woman to bear a child to term because you happened to impregnate her is not spelled out in the Constitution, either. So if I am arguing for a non-existent right, then so are you.

As to whether the right should be determined by states or not, take that up with the Supreme Court. My premise is that government, state or federal, has the right to limit your ability to limit the rights of others for selfish reasons.

Also, remember, rights have rank.

My right to the "care, control and custody" of my child -vs- her legal ability (not right) to violate my said right is a vicious fight on both fronts.

But bodily sovereignty will carry the day. It is far more basic and fundamental than is the right to protect a parent's interests in his child. Your body, your self, must always come first.

My argument supported by Troxel is an argument seeking to protect my individual rights from being violated. By arguing against it in the manner that you have, saying that a woman should have the right to abort my child simply if she decides that it's bad luck because she sneezed, you argue against my individual right, and those are guilty of what you say no one should do to another.

The individual right you are arguing for does not exist, because it removes the rights from another member of society for your benefit as an individual; not for her benefit, as with parental control of minor children, nor for society's benefit, as society has no stake in your particular child, nor for the child's benefit, as the child is not yet a member of society and has no rights to be protected: your benefit alone. That is why I termed it "selfish." You don't have the right to do that, and so society is not infringing on your rights at all.

You double speak.
I change my argument.

Also, please keep in mind that if SCOTUS were to establish "personhood" prenataly, they need not do it at conception. "Personhood" could be established prenataly at such a time where the ZEF has a formed and functional neural cortex, and I doubt that PC nor PL would have much, if any, solid legal ground to argue if that happened.

Probably not. Fortunately for the purpose of continuing this argument, I was incorrect when I said that it comes back to fetal personhood; it doesn't. It comes back to who has first claim to the body in question, and who thus has the individual freedom that is being infringed by other interested parties: it is the woman, not the fetus, and so it matters not at all if the fetus is in fact a person. The woman's body, the woman's choice.

Quite right.

Rights are issued by God's law (the "Laws of Nature") and it is government (the laws of Man) which seeks to take them away.

You may also note that the structure of the Constitution is such that, rather than establish various rights, it assumes that such rights already exist and seeks to restrain government.

There is not one right that we enjoy today which is established in the Constitution. Protected and illuminated , yes, but not established.

Rights are imagined by people and agreed upon by societies; government may seek to limit them, but not if the government reflects the society it serves. Whether our government does that or not is a different argument. The Constitution represents our agreement about which rights we do have; our laws represent our agreement about which we do not. Since the ideal of our government is of the people, by the people and for the people, our government comes closer than most to reflecting what we truly believe are not inherent rights.

That is why abortion is legal. It makes sense with the nation's beliefs about what should be allowed and what should not.

“Yippee-skippy for you. I could say the same; I never had sex either until I met someone I wanted to have a child with.
In fact, I wanted to have two children with him.
But neither of us wanted to have three.
MY life, MY body, MY CHOICE.”

And you chose to kill your unborn child, dismember it alive. Yipeee for you. Your so proud of that fact arent you? Just like a true pro-choicer. Killing is FUNNNNNNN Yipeeee.

“Saying that nobody cares about my anecotal so-called evidence is a statement based on an assumption not proven to be true. Your replies haven't even come close to dent my belief that abortion is murder.’

I agree that abortion is murder too. But most of these pro-choicer/abortion thinks it’s a wonderful ritual a woman goes through, almost like a sacrifice. Stick around you’ll see what I mean.

Coffee said, “Unfortunately, this does take us back to fetal personhood. But at least it shows that I am not a hypocrite.”

Of course not, how could one who is pro-abortion be a hypocrite……I rather think of them in other terms. :smile:

“ A woman does have the right to abort a fetus that is within her, as she is seeking to protect her individual rights and freedoms, and is not reducing the rights and freedoms of another member of society.”

Of course you are against any laws that punish someone who hurts a pregnant woman so that she loses the baby, right? Its not living, not valuable, not a member of society…..so why punish anyone for hurting nothing. Right?

“If that were true, then why is it illegal to have an abortion after a certian period of time after conception? Biologically the difference between a Fetus changing into a Morula for after one day is somewhat equally the same.

Do you believe its morally correct to kill the baby (by stabbing it) a few hours before it might get born, a few minutes before it might get born? When do you believe it gains life status?”

Because to many of these confused pro-choicers think the “nothing” instantaneously becomes “something” ....but they dont know when. ???????

And they don’t bring morals into the discussion. Morals don’t matter it’s the right of every woman to be able to kill her unborn at any gestational age. As I said they cant tell you an exact time when this “nothing” becomes “something”.

They even think abortion is ok for any reason, deformity of child, wrong sex, etc. Doesn’t matter it’s the freedom of every woman to kill her child that is what is important.

“Since it is now clear that Prolifers are not interested in compromise and are in fact interested in nothing less than outright illegalization of all abortion in all cases, including rape and health, with an eye to ultimately banning all contraception as well... we now deal with them accordingly.”

You got that right. No compromise unless the mother is dying. But I think I am the only pro-lifer on here who takes this stance, life for the child even if the mother was raped.

Deal with us accordingly? :rofl Oh pleazz

“These things are the way they are because we permitted them to be that way, because prolifers claimed that's all they wanted, and that if we agreed then they'd start acting reasonable.”

You permitted who to be what? Who the heck do you think you are?

So tell us how reasonable is it to dismember alive a human unborn child in the womb. You guys don’t even have the balls to watch a video of what you think is such a glorious surgical procedure. What is so reasonable about your views on dismemberment of a living human child? How you find this acceptable is beyond me and it should be beyond anyone who has any amount of compassion for another human being. Your lacking something that is for sure.

“But they lied; they took it as license to attempt ever more radical tactics.
So now, there won't be any more compromises of that sort.”

We lied?……..what a crock. It’s the pro-choice crowd that lies. Abortion was made legal with the intention it was only supposed to be done in cases of rape and incest or the life of the mother. Now you guys have pushed the bar…….and abortion today is a form of birth control, condoned by a crowd that thinks abortion on demand is noble.

Parent notification…….of course you wouldn’t be for this.

“So don't look for the mainstream American public (which is pro-choice!) to be supporting any future "Laci's laws" or parental notifications, regardless of what sort of pretty packaging you wrap them in.”

You are wrong about mainstream American public. I have sited polls that state the opposite. And if abortion were put to a nationwide vote, you would lose your abortion on demand. It would only be made legal for rape, incest and mothers health like it was originally intended to be for. More people are learnig about fetal development and more woman are keeping their babies.

“We basically don't give a crap anymore.”

Oh that is quite obvious by your lack of compassion for the unborn child.

“Not even as a feel-good measure to help assuage the sorrow of the relatives of murdered pregnant women will we budge one more inch on women's reproductive rights.”

Murdered pregnant woman? What murdered women?

“We know what you're really after. And there is not a chance in hell you will ever accomplish it.”

Another comment by the oh so compassionate and loving RADICAL LEFT.

You guys don’t even have the balls to watch a video of what you think is such a glorious surgical procedure.

Cupcake, I've watched the real thing.
And so have you.
And we both know the videos are bullsh!t... even if only one of us will admit it.
I don't mind watching videos of deformed full-term stillbirths and dismembered latex baby-dolls smeared with ketchup.
I watched "Saw II" with my son awhile back; trust me, if I can sit through that, there's nothing in your pitiful little antichoice propaganda flicks that's going to faze me.

The most influential scholar of ancient times, Aristotle (ca. 350 BC) developed a gestational time line that proved remarkably durable. Aristotle believed embryos pass through three distinct stages: 1) the nutritive/vegetative stage, characteristic of plants; 2) the sensitive stage, characteristic of animals, and, finally; 3) the intellectual/rational stage, where it becomes fully human. He maintained that the male fetus reached the recognizably human stage at about 40 days while the female arrived at that stage in 80-90 days.

Nearly all your statements you have made in the post appear to be blatant lies.

You said that and I quote!

In the early Roman Catholic church, abortion was permitted for male fetuses in the first 40 days of pregnancy and for female fetuses in the first 80-90 days.

The burden of proof is on you to prove that the above statement is true.

Keep on lying you very liberal feminist. Do you lie because you can't use truths to debate with? You have replied with statements that are false, untrue, and unproven. You remind me when some people though the world was flat and refused to provide proof to back their claim.

Please reply with more of your lies.

Throwing a tantrum and calling me "retarded" and "a liar" is not convincing anyone, nor adding an iota of credibility to your case.

You do lie. Far left liberal feminist shouldn't be trusted.

Your making the assumption that it is not adding credibility to my case. Who else here believes 1069 lies purposely?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom