• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it obstruction of justice?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Apparently after signing an agreement with Mueller's team, Manafort has been feeding information to the Trump lawyers. To do so might be seen as obstruction of justice, as they are giving information on an on going investigation to a person of interest in that investigation. I wonder if Mueller will now turn over info to the states on Manafort's crimes to insure tha even if Trump pardon's Manafort, that Manafort spends the rest of his life in either a Federal or State prison.Never piss off a man like Mueller who has all the cards.

Is Manafort under a gag order...AFTER HIS TRIAL?

We see that the Constitution apparently ends where the Witch Hunt begins....let's see the documentation of your claims.

Apparently after signing an agreement with Mueller's team, Manafort has been feeding information to the Trump lawyers. To do so might be seen as obstruction of justice, as they are giving information on an on going investigation to a person of interest in that investigation. I wonder if Mueller will now turn over info to the states on Manafort's crimes to insure tha even if Trump pardon's Manafort, that Manafort spends the rest of his life in either a Federal or State prison.Never piss off a man like Mueller who has all the cards.

Link to your claim please. One without "anonymous sources" preferably.

Don't they have a joint defense agreement?

We see that the Constitution apparently ends where the Witch Hunt begins....let's see the documentation of your claims.
If you knew anything about the American system of justice, you'd understand Manafort's days in court are not over.

But I can forgive those who don't live here for not knowing that.
Link to your claim please. One without "anonymous sources" preferably.
Is the President's own attorney good enough for you?
Rudolph W. Giuliani, one of the president’s personal lawyers, acknowledged the arrangement on Tuesday and defended it as a source of valuable insights into the special counsel’s inquiry and where it was headed. Such information could help shape a legal defense strategy, and it also appeared to give Mr. Trump and his legal advisers ammunition in their public relations campaign against Mr. Mueller’s office.

For example, Mr. Giuliani said, Mr. Manafort’s lawyer Kevin M. Downing told him that prosecutors hammered away at whether the president knew about the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting where Russians promised to deliver damaging information on Hillary Clinton to his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr. The president has long denied knowing about the meeting in advance. “He wants Manafort to incriminate Trump,” Mr. Giuliani declared of Mr. Mueller.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/us/politics/manafort-lawyer-trump-cooperation.html

So now that you've been given the information and now that I've broken my self-promise to never post in threads by the OP, would you care to comment on if it is obstruction of justice?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/27/us/politics/manafort-lawyer-trump-cooperation.html
there is a similar story in USA Today but I thought just one link was enough.

Thank you.

Per your article:

While Mr. Downing’s discussions with the president’s team violated no laws, they helped contribute to a deteriorating relationship between lawyers for Mr. Manafort and Mr. Mueller’s prosecutors, who accused Mr. Manafort of holding out on them despite his pledge to assist them in any matter they deemed relevant, according to the people. That conflict spilled into public view on Monday when the prosecutors took the rare step of declaring that Mr. Manafort had breached his plea agreement by lying to them about a variety of subjects.

So nope, no laws broke. Why do you think this may be evidence of obstruction?

The interesting thing is that Mueller is saying that Manafort was repeatedly lying to his team. If Manafort's lawyer lead Trump to think that Mueller fell for those lies, he may have "informed" Trump as to how respond to the written questions that Trump just completed.

Those responses were returned to Mueller just last week and now this.

Trump may have fallen into a perjury trap HE created

If you knew anything about the American system of justice, you'd understand Manafort's days in court are not over.

But I can forgive those who don't live here for not knowing that.
Is the President's own attorney good enough for you?

So now that you've been given the information and now that I've broken my self-promise to never post in threads by the OP, would you care to comment on if it is obstruction of justice?

I have not decided if its obstruction or not. Per the article no laws were broken so going by that I'd have to say "no" at this point in time. Do you have a reason to think that it is?

I have not decided if its obstruction or not. Per the article no laws were broken so going by that I'd have to say "no" at this point in time. Do you have a reason to think that it is?

If pardon's were discussed...it is obstruction

This is pretty good confirmation for the rumors that were floating around that Mueller set Manafort up to lie to Trump so that Trump could then in turn lie to Mueller in his answers. Of course, I'm not so sure Mueller even needed to do that unless he is going to lay out a diagram that shows when Trump changes the story precisely b/c of what Manafort told him and then outright debunk that to his face...

Not sure what it is yet in the context of Manafort. It is however quite obviously the beginning of the end.

The WH today for the first time tossed aside their "No collusion" nonsense and backed that off to "The President did not engage in collusion". I suspect there is every chance they will back that off as well.

Ruddy-tuddy for his part is claiming he "wants" Manafort to expose his criminality. Manafort's attorney now says Manafort has been playing both sides against the middle. Manafort is claiming he is just a poor inept criminal incapable of telling the truth and Corsi is in Michael Cohen mode openly admitting to his lying to the FBI and throwing prosecutorial documents into the breeze hoping anybody will capture them and read them. Further, Corsi is claiming "he did not mean to do it" and that much like Karnak the Magnificent he "divined" that Wikileaks would release the Podesta emails. Ah-huh.

And as often is the case, this just describes one aspect of one chaotic day in Trump-world.

I don't think these clowns have a snowballs chance in Hell and we have not even gotten to Stone and Assange yet. Anybody that admires these goons including Donald needs a serious head examination.

Its over...Trump will get to make his next two years and hobble out of the WH into years and years of legal defense. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Last edited:
wait. Investigate President Trump when you never went after whitewater Hillary and her murdering husband?

This is pretty good confirmation for the rumors that were floating around that Mueller set Manafort up to lie to Trump so that Trump could then in turn lie to Mueller in his answers. Of course, I'm not so sure Mueller even needed to do that unless he is going to lay out a diagram that shows when Trump changes the story precisely b/c of what Manafort told him and then outright debunk that to his face...

Sounds like what you just described is entrapment to me.

Apparently after signing an agreement with Mueller's team, Manafort has been feeding information to the Trump lawyers. To do so might be seen as obstruction of justice, as they are giving information on an on going investigation to a person of interest in that investigation. I wonder if Mueller will now turn over info to the states on Manafort's crimes to insure tha even if Trump pardon's Manafort, that Manafort spends the rest of his life in either a Federal or State prison.

So many rumors...so much speculation...so little fact.

Never piss off a man like Mueller who has all the cards.

But that won't stop you from coming to conclusions, will it?

Moving on...

You think being a snitch makes Manafort deserving of the same sentence first degree murder?

The FBI is saying that Manafort lied to them. About what exactly I haven't heard. But I haven't heard anything about Trump lying to Mueller or the FBI. Have you?

Since Papadopoulos is spending 2 weeks in jail for lying to the FBI, Manafort probably will do the same.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/25/politics/papadopoulos-request-denied-must-report-prison/index.html

...former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos will still have to start his 14-day prison sentence on Monday for lying to federal investigators in the Russia probe.

Since Papadopoulos is spending 2 weeks in jail for lying to the FBI, Manafort probably will do the same.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/25/politics/papadopoulos-request-denied-must-report-prison/index.html

...former Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos will still have to start his 14-day prison sentence on Monday for lying to federal investigators in the Russia probe.

Manafort was found guilty of crimes that total 17-20 years. And that doesn't count the second trial that didn't take place or the state crimes he wasn't charged with as yet

Keep up

Manafort was found guilty of crimes that total 17-20 years. And that doesn't count the second trial that didn't take place or the state crimes he wasn't charged with as yet

Keep up

I doubt he'll serve anything close to that as per the norm.

1) Mueller is a Republican
2)Deputy AG Rosenstein is a Republican, Trump appointee
3)Former AG Sessions is a Trump appointee and a former GOP Senator
4) FBI Director Wray is Republican and a Trump appointee
5) Former FBI Director Comey was a Republican, now Independent

Um yeah, it sure is a partisan "Witch Hunt":lamo

wait. Investigate President Trump when you never went after whitewater Hillary and her murdering husband?

LMAO, the Whitewater Investigation led by Ken Starr lasted 6 years,and ended in Clinton's impeachment,although not his removal from office.

Back
Top Bottom