• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is it now time for America to bomb England in the name of freedom, justice, peace ?

robin

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Iraq may have had a few terrorists in their midst. Now it looks like we in England unfortunately also do. We aren't going to attack USA anymore than Iraq was going to attack USA, although of course the terrorists in our midst may launch attacks on the USA from here.
These are the grounds on which you have bombed then invaded Iraq.
The grounds that you might be attacked.
So there we go.. according to your governments logic & Mr Blairs logic it's time for you to start bombing us in the name of freedom, justice & self defense & peace.. just in case terrorist attacks on you are going to be launched from here.
In fact as Blair is your ally, perhaps we should bomb & attack ourselves ?
What do you think ?
In fact maybe the London Bombs were part of the war on terror. Suicide bombers blowing themselves up so there would then be less terrorists in London !
The innocent people on the buses & tube trains were mere collateral damage in the war on terror just like the thousands of innocent people killed in Iraq.
Maybe America should bomb & invade the entire planet in the name of freedom, justice & peace becuase there could be terrorists anywhere on earth. It's much more noble to be killed by an American bomb than a Muslim one after all.
What do you think ?

Last edited:
"Hey, we put Chapman in jail! So what's up with all the lingering hostility?"

...you do make a good point!

Last edited:
Re: Is it now time for America to bomb England in the name of freedom, justice, peace

robin said:
Iraq may have had a few terrorists in their midst. Now it looks like we in England unfortunately also do. We aren't going to attack USA anymore than Iraq was going to attack USA, although of course the terrorists in our midst may launch attacks on the USA from here.
These are the grounds on which you have bombed then invaded Iraq.
The grounds that you might be attacked.
So there we go.. according to your governments logic & Mr Blairs logic it's time for you to start bombing us in the name of freedom, justice & self defense & peace.. just in case terrorist attacks on you are going to be launched from here.
What do you think ?
In fact maybe the London Bombs were part of the war on terror. Suicide bombers blowing themselves up so there would then be less terrorists in London !
The innocent people on the buses & tube trains were mere collateral damage in the war on terror just like the thousands of innocent people killed in Iraq.
Maybe America should bomb & invade the entire planet in the name of freedom, justice & peace becuase there could be terrorists anywhere on earth. It's much more noble to be killed by an American bomb than a Muslim one after all.
What do you think ?

People as stupid as you should not be allowed to live.

Re: Is it now time for America to bomb England in the name of freedom, justice, peace

tr1414 said:
Moderator Gavel

:smash:

Let's keep the personal attacks out of this forum. Thanks!

/Moderator Gavel

Where did all the love go in this room?

Last edited:
robin said:

Ahh, so let me understand. Are you saying a few terrorists are ok? Well what about if one of them terrorists was the supposed Leader of the country? Would that still be ok? See you're missing one valuable thing... Sadaam Hussein cried poverty, because of the sanctions placed on him after HE invaded Kuwait during the first Gulf War. So the UN trying to play all nice, decides to come up with the oil for food program, so Sadaam can "help his people" And just what help did he give them? They starved while he built what, 7 palaces? He did what, oh yeah, have his henchmen gas thousands of Iraqi citizens and buried the dead in MASS graves. What else did he do? Oh yeah, intentionally, for what, 13 years or so, violate UN resolutions regarding weapons inspectors, OFTEN locking them out of the country so they could not do the job the US AND the UN JOINTLY set in place.

robin said:
These are the grounds on which you have bombed then invaded Iraq. The grounds that you might be attacked.
Your narrow view and LIMITED knowledge of facts and events makes me question the validity of such posts, when for 15 years, Sadaam has been as defiant and as belligerent to policies of all nations.

robin said:

The martyr complex isn't winning you any points. In fact, if I were one of your countrymen I would be offended that you would write such ludicrous things. The scope of reality is missing from your existence, isn't it?

robin said:

See post above.

robin said:
What do you think ?

I think your ideology is seriously flawed, and perhaps a good thing your not the leader of any nation on the planet.

robin said:

How do I respond to such nonsense? someone help me out here. I am really at a loss for words at this one.

robin said:

I'm still waiting.. what about the citizens of Iraq who were killed by THEIR leader? what of them? did they not deserve justice?

robin said:
Maybe America should bomb & invade the entire planet in the name of freedom, justice & peace becuase there could be terrorists anywhere on earth. It's much more noble to be killed by an American bomb than a Muslim one after all. What do you think ?

And how, praytell, do you suggest dealing with terrorists? Lock them up in middle of the desert? ummm one problem, terrorists hide. They're COWARDS. They have NO problem using innocent civilians to shield their own mayhem and destruction. And if you think the US is so bad, what of the MUSLIM terrorists in Iraq who have no problem destroying a mosque? What of the muslim suicide bombers, who would STILL be killing their own, regardless of whether we're there or not? Oh wait, they wouldn't be killing Iraqi's.. they'd still be focused on the Jew's of Israel. My bad, I guess that's better than killing Iraqi's, huh?

debate_junkie said:
Well what about if one of them terrorists was the supposed Leader of the country?
How many innocent Iraqis have you killed even though they had less to do with 911 than your flying schools ?
Answer = 23,000
How many innocent people have the terrorists killed in London, Madrid & 911 ?
Answer = 3250.
Who are the terrorists ?
Answer = Bush & Bin Laden.

robin said:
How many innocent Iraqis have you killed even though they had less to do with 911 than your flying schools ?
Answer = 23,000
Answer = 3250.
Who are the terrorists ?

Oh please...Are you forgetting that the British Army took part as well. How may Brits and Americans have DIED defending our countries?

cindy said:
Oh please...Are you forgetting that the British Army took part as well. How may Brits and Americans have DIED defending our countries?
Yeah Im no jingo so I'm quite happy to accept that Blair is a fool also.
Crusading idiot. Notice it's always the guys that profess to be Christains that rush to war. War's where they themselves keep well back from the front line of course.
Incidently how is a war in Iraq supposed to defending our countries ?
It's like trying to destroy the world's population of flies by standing in one country & swatting them.
Worse than that. It's now become a recruiting ground for them.
Please explain to me how killing more innocent people than the terroists have killed, is supposed to be a way of defending our countries ?

Last edited:
robin said:
Answer = 23,000
Answer = 3250.
Who are the terrorists ?
Robin you do know you contradicted your first post right? In Your first post on this thread you blamed America for the bombings, then you rephrase it to be terrorists, make up your mind? :screwy

Robin. I understand your being upset. I hear the anger in your voice at those that would invade other countries. I've read your points and hear the frustration you and so many others display. If you don't mind let me say the following.

TOO friggin bad. Bush won the election and he has years left. We are going to other countries and are forcing freedom and democracy upon them. Ain't gonna stop anytime soon. Now England has a real case of the ass. They're not gonna turn tail and run. Tactical mistake by the savages that did the latest attack. People were losing their resolve in that country. Ooops. Bet you can't stand the fact that people in Iraq and Afghanistan get to vote freely picking their own government and leaders. Too bad. And you know what. It's gonna spread. The freedom the US and the Brits has started is going to snowball. Whine your hateful rhetoric all you want. Freedom marches on without you.

robin said:
Yeah Im no jingo so I'm quite happy to accept that Blair is a fool also.
Crusading idiot. Notice it's always the guys that profess to be Christains that rush to war. War's where they themselves keep well back from the front line of course.
Incidently how is a war in Iraq supposed to defending our countries ?
It's like trying to destroy the world's population of flies by standing in one country & swatting them.
Worse than that. It's now become a recruiting ground for them.
Please explain to me how killing more innocent people than the terroists have killed, is supposed to be a way of defending our countries ?

The youth minister at my CHRISTIAN church is a UNITED STATES MARINE, who served in IRAQ, deos that make him not a christian?

Some of the dodgyest people I'v ever met have been Christians so I'm not impressed one little bit by people calling themselves Christians. Wouldn't trust em any firther than I could throw them.
An example of an authentically sincere terrorist, in my book, would be George W. Bush. He terrorizes for money and oil, which are tangible resources in the real world. He became "born again" when he realised that he "could win the Texas governship with just the evangelical vote

Last edited:
robin said:
Some of the dodgyest people I'v ever met have been Christians so I'm not impressed one little bit by people calling themselves Christians. Wouldn't trust em any firther than I could throw them.
An example of an authentically sincere terrorist, in my book, would be George W. Bush. He terrorizes for money and oil, which are tangible resources in the real world. He became "born again" when he realised that he "could win the Texas governship with just the evangelical vote

I feel you know very little about being a Christian. IMHO!

robin said:

Firstly, calling yourself a Christian and actually being one are two incredibly different things. And about your remark how it's Christians that are constantly going to war... that's ridiculous. People throughout history have always had wars. You seem to forget that Jews and Muslims have been at war for each other for thousands of years for one spot of land they consider "holy", and it hasn't let up. I am not saying that leaders calling themselves Christians, or even acting as Christians have not led their country or people into war, but that does not mean that it is Christians that start wars. It is people that start wars, plain and simple.

He became "born again" when he realised that he "could win the Texas governship with just the evangelical vote

I honestly don't think that a man's diplomatic descisions gives us the ability to rank his standing with God doesn't it? How do you know what is in his heart?

This has gone way off topic with drippy religious nonsense. You're missing the irony of this thread topic. Try being more down to earth.
Religious people are more likely to think a crusade for some cause is OK. Nazis were brainwashed into thinking they were right just like religious people are.
Science is the only way to truth. Religion is a virus of the mind.

robin said:
This has gone way off topic with drippy religious nonsense. You're missing the irony of this thread topic. Try being more down to earth.
Religious people are more likely to think a crusade for some cause is OK. Nazis were brainwashed into thinking they were right just like religious people are.
Science is the only way to truth. Religion is a virus of the mind.

Oh WOW. See if you knew anything of faith you would know it is not the religion is the relationship you have God.

Are you suggesting to me that no wars are started over land or hatred or missunderstanding, but simply because of religion?

sebastiansdreams said:
Are you suggesting to me that no wars are started over land or hatred or missunderstanding, but simply because of religion?
Oh yes about 5% aren't started becuase of religion.
Your God exists only in your head. He is a mental constuct. There is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of a loving caring God. Quite the reverse in fact.

Last edited:

robin said:
Oh yes about 5% aren't started becuase of religion.

I think people use "religion" as some sort of justification for war, when their motives are obviously something else. Wars are almost never (if ever) based completely on religion. There is always something else involved, and religion just allows someone to claim that they have God on their side.

Your God exists only in your head. He is a mental constuct.

Then what constructed the brain in my head?

There is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of a loving caring God. Quite the reverse in fact.

Sure there is. It is all over. I experience His love every day of my life. I look outside the window and see the perfection of a world and universe and it's laws that couldn't have created themselves. I look at the world around me, the people around me, and I see how they are blessed and how I am blessed. What more proof do you need than everything? There is of course no proof that God does not exist.

sebastiansdreams said:
I think people use "religion" as some sort of justification for war, when their motives are obviously something else. Wars are almost never (if ever) based completely on religion. There is always something else involved, and religion just allows someone to claim that they have God on their side.

Then what constructed the brain in my head?

Sure there is. It is all over. I experience His love every day of my life. I look outside the window and see the perfection of a world and universe and it's laws that couldn't have created themselves. I look at the world around me, the people around me, and I see how they are blessed and how I am blessed. What more proof do you need than everything? There is of course no proof that God does not exist.

EXACTLY! I see God in my beautiful babies EVERYDAY! I can't see the grass grow, but it does...

sebastiansdreams said:
Cancer, starvation, pestilence, Aids, death, wars yeah God really cares. Now say these are products of man not God.
I'm outta here. Never get anywhere with starry eyed religious nutters like you.
This is way off topic anyway. Go off to some religion forum please.

Regarding Cancer, AIDS, and death:

Our bodies were not created to live on earth forever. One inevitable truth is that we are all born to die at some point in our life. Would a perfect world be where no one ever died but they lived forever on earth getting older? Of course not. However we are allowed to live forever after we pass from this world. Why is the mortal death of this body a bad thing?

Regarding war, starvation and pestilance:

Last I remember Christ spoke against these things did He not? And yet we choose to act in manners that bring these things about. Why blame God for our actions?

yeah God really cares

He sent His son to die as a sacrifice for our mistakes and so that we have an eternity of heaven. It doesn't get any more loving than that.

Now say these are products of man not God.

Only some of them.

I'm outta here. Never get anywhere with starry eyed religious nutters like you.

Did you ever think that maybe the reason you never win these arguments is because you're on the wrong side of them?

This is way off topic anyway. Go off to some religion forum please.

It was you who called my belief the main reason for war, and you did so ignorantly. If you didn't want to start this debate, perhaps you should be more careful about what you say about others and their beleifs.

stsburns said:
Robin you do know you contradicted your first post right? In Your first post on this thread you blamed America for the bombings, then you rephrase it to be terrorists, make up your mind?
I caught robin doing exactly the same thing in one of her other threads....

"Iraqi war tantamount to swatting flies"

In Post #18 (above link) I clearly document how robin altered her statements when her argument began to unravel and crumble.

This is the second thread (that I know of) in which her proclivity for deception and word twisting has been exposed. Clearly, she amends her arguments on the fly to suit her anti-American agenda and frowns on historicity, veracity, and truthfulness.

A viable and treasured credibility simply does not exist in or emanate from this personality.

Back
Top Bottom