• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is it just me?

tecoyah said:
Heres the thing little puppy....in order to provide proof to an individual, in any aspect of science, the individual in question must be capable of comprehending at the minimum, what science is. For this to happen a measure of intellegence is required which you have proven to lack. Reading comprehension aside, there seems to be a misfiring of Synapsis going on here, that places any attempt at education in the realm of the impossible.
Eventually anyone tires of slamming the perverbial head into a brick wall, but the attempts by those here are admirable if futile. Even making you seem a fool has lost its draw for me, as it seems you do so with no needed assistance, and in fact I dont even need to point it out anymore due to the obvious defunct nature of your opinions.
The amount of Data provided for you in this thread should be adequate for anyone truly interested in debating this issue, but that is not your intent now....is it? Instead you continue to attempt debasing the people trying to discuss something you cannot understand because of either a limited imagination, or complete, all encompassing stupidity. What I am saying here....(and I will use words which even you cannot misunderstand) is simple:

You Are Out of Your League

Cut your losses and go home

Yaaaa - I graduated from your Little League long ago. As usual, you have no proof - nothing. You're blowing smoke, and everyone with an IQ over about 90 reading this thread knows it. Aren't you .... even a little ....embarassed? :lol:

Last edited:
Now, considering that link after link has been provided to you by others,

Unlike you, my dear DWB-with-a-vote, I know that lotsa text dumps which dance around the issue do not constitute proof. Once again, there is no proof, none, not any, nada, that a significant share of global warming is caused by human activities - take your ecolunatic religious doctrines to the religious section, please. ;)

Uh....I'm an atheist, Einstein.:roll: Just once, provide something of substance with your insulting rants, K? And try to follow the game....you've been wrong on every assumption about every poster so far, not to mention you don't bother to read past your own egoistic and weightless commentary.

Once, all climate changes occurred naturally. However, during the Industrial Revolution, we began altering our climate and environment through changing agricultural and industrial practices. Before the Industrial Revolution, human activity released very few gases into the atmosphere, but now through population growth, fossil fuel burning, and deforestation, we are affecting the mixture of gases in the atmosphere.
Source: http://yosemite.epa.gov/OAR/globalwarming.nsf/content/Emissions.html
We aren't 'causing' the trend, we are exacerbating it-did you even bother to attempt gleaning that little tidbit of detail? Didn't think so....

ngdawg said:
Uh....I'm an atheist, Einstein.

That was an obvious metaphoric joke - flew over your head at Mach 3. :lol:

Once, all climate changes occurred naturally. However, during the Industrial Revolution, we began altering our climate and environment through changing agricultural and industrial practices. Before the Industrial Revolution, human activity released very few gases into the atmosphere, but now through population growth, fossil fuel burning, and deforestation, we are affecting the mixture of gases in the atmosphere.
Source: http://yosemite.epa.gov/OAR/globalwarming.nsf/content/Emissions.html

The question is HOW MUCH. Why, no matter how many times I say that, the resident evirowacko fringe can't get it into their heads?

We aren't 'causing' the trend, we are exacerbating it

How much are we exacerbating it? 1%? 0.01%? 0.000000000001%? You don't know - and neither does anyone else.

alphamale said:
That was an obvious metaphoric joke - flew over your head at Mach 3. :lol:

The question is HOW MUCH. Why, no matter how many times I say that, the resident evirowacko fringe can't get it into their heads?

How much are we exacerbating it? 1%? 0.01%? 0.000000000001%? You don't know - and neither does anyone else.
Oh, so now we 'don't know how much', where before you said we didn't contribute at all.. I believe you said there was 'no proof, none, not any, nada' that any 'significant share of global warming' was caused by human factors, when at other times you dispute global warming at all, totally dispute any human factor at all and now we get it-you're just as clueless if not MORE so than anyone else, simply because you don't consider hypotheses and data comparison as real. Ok...got it now...if Alphamale says it ain't so, it ain't so.

ngdawg said:
Oh, so now we 'don't know how much', where before you said we didn't contribute at all.. I believe you said there was 'no proof, none, not any, nada' that any 'significant share of global warming' was caused by human factors, when at other times you dispute global warming at all, totally dispute any human factor at all and now we get it-you're just as clueless if not MORE so than anyone else, simply because you don't consider hypotheses and data comparison as real. Ok...got it now...if Alphamale says it ain't so, it ain't so.
The research papers I have read claim a MAXIMUM temperature rise of 3 degrees, hardly enough to ruin the world's economy.

A warning to global warming detractors... no source will be acceptable to the enviro-wackos on here. They will instantly scream that it is funded by the petroleum industry, usually with zero proof. They forget that the 'scientists' that promote global warming are funded by the BILLIONS of dollars being tossed around by the UN and other government entities. They have a VERY selfish interest in promoting the global warming, sky is falling diatribe. Any scientist, no matter how distinguished, that disputes the global warming hysteria, is immediately attacked and in many cases loses his funding for future projects.

Sir_Alec said:
Climate change could be very severe even if it is natural.
Get ready for:
Crops dying in bad temperatures
Mass starvation
The 10-20 feet of snow covering your house
Coastal waters rising and falling
Some of the worst Hurricanes ever
Freak waves or mega-tsunamis (1-100m)
F5 Tornados becoming the avg.
Riots in every city on the planet (better buy a gun, maybe two)

Even if the climate change is slow it will still produce all of these things. All of this could happen tommorrow or 1000 years from now.

The above is very typical of global warming alarmists. If you will notice, they carefully word it so that no matter what the weather does, it it caused by global warming.

Droughts? - global warming
Floods? - global warming
Heat wave? - global warming
Extreme cold? - global warming.

This one has a new one though. Can someone please explain how global warming can possibly cause a tsunami???

I honestly don't see what your post has to do with mine, but no matter....
3 degrees in what amount of time? 50 years? 1,000 years?
There've been speculations that the recent years of hurricanes points to global warming, then counter-speculation that we're actually coming off a cycle of LOW hurricane activity and in time, they'll get worse.
There's speculation that we're coming out of a lesser 'ice age' and counter-speculation we aren't and that at some point the equator will be up around Kentucky.
There are certain indisputable facts and comparisons: The loss of massive amounts of rainforests coupled with indiscriminate use of known pollutants, ie; burning of fuels, industrial waste, etc., isn't doing the world and the atmosphere a whole lot of good. Scientists aren't even sure that these factors are the cause of the destruction of the ozone layer or if it happens naturally, but they do know it isn't helping.
I'm not an enviro-whacko or whatever-I don't ride a bike instead of drive, I'd rather BBQ than eat steamed rice and veggies, but I'm not a total nay-sayer either. And it'd sure be a lot easier to use Lewis Black's solution ('we have the space shuttle, we have Saran Wrap, FIX IT'). But to be totally ignorant of even the possibility that human activity has an impact on the environment is reprehensible, specially in light of reports that, while there's still an inordinate amount of dangerous gases 'possibly contributing' to the problem, the amounts of contributing polluting factors, through mandated environmental laws, has decreased in recent years.

ngdawg said:
I honestly don't see what your post has to do with mine, but no matter....
3 degrees in what amount of time? 50 years? 1,000 years?
Your post asked "how much" and I answered you. The 3 degrees is the maximum, meaning forever, as I understand it.

ngdawg said:
There've been speculations that the recent years of hurricanes points to global warming, then counter-speculation that we're actually coming off a cycle of LOW hurricane activity and in time, they'll get worse.
There's speculation that we're coming out of a lesser 'ice age' and counter-speculation we aren't and that at some point the equator will be up around Kentucky.
There is no speculation that we are coming out of an ice age. The Little Ice Age occurred from the 1600's until the 1800's.

Sorry, but the equator is not going anywhere. Warmer temps may occur farther north than in the past though. Estimates are that temperature lines will adjust 150-300 miles north. That means I should have temperatures similar to the Gulf Coast. Doesn't sound bad to me. If you want to see what your local temperatures might be like, go to a city about 250 miles south and see what their average temps are now. It could take hundreds of years to happen though, and by then there will be another disaster about to happen (at least according to the alarmists).

ngdawg said:

You're contradicting yourself in the same sentence! :2razz: I never said "we didn't contribute at all" - you have a reading problem. I also never did "dispute global warming at all" - you are inventing things, or too confused to follow what someone says. Reboot your brain - maybe it'll help!

alphamale said:
You're contradicting yourself in the same sentence! :2razz: I never said "we didn't contribute at all" - you have a reading problem. I also never did "dispute global warming at all" - you are inventing things, or too confused to follow what someone says. Reboot your brain - maybe it'll help!
And maybe it'd help your cause if you ceased with the holier-than-thou attitude. I didn't contradict myself, I reiterated what YOU have said. The fact that you can't read with inflection or remember what you said is not my concern.
You first said we know 'nothing, nada', etc, then said we don't know how much....in this and other threads, you claim the human factor is not worth mentioning, if indeed there is global warming (something else you have either said there isn't any or , yea there is to some degree).
So, point blank, is there such a thing as global warming and how much is the human factor figuring into its progression? Oh, and try to answer succinctly and without the diatribes and insults, K?

ngdawg said:
And maybe it'd help your cause if you ceased with the holier-than-thou attitude.

Whaaaaattttttttt????????

you claim the human factor is not worth mentioning, if indeed there is global warming

No, I didn't. I said it's up to those who assert it to prove it.

So, point blank, is there such a thing as global warming and how much is the human factor figuring into its progression? Oh, and try to answer succinctly and without the diatribes and insults, K?

Are you listening carefully now? Are you sure you're listening carefully now? Good.

1. There is global warming now - records going back hundreds of thousands of years show there has almost always been global warming or cooling going on.

2. Human industrial activity does produce greenhouse gases - however, it is not known HOW MUCH these contribute to global warming.

3. Global warming has taken place MANY times in the past without human activity.

4. The claims about humans being a significant cause of global warming (by significant, I mean enough of a cause such that if the human activities ceased it would have even a significant slowing on global warming) are based on NO PROOF, but only:

1. "Agreement" by scientists (proof-free argumentum atoritatem)

2. Highly questionable simulations that can't possibly account for all the possible factors and their complex and many-order interactions.

3. Correlations between such as the atmospheric CO2 and temperature increase. ("Correlation does not imply causation.")

Bottom line? There is no proof that there is a significant contribution to global warming by human activities.

alphamale said:
1. There is global warming now - records going back hundreds of thousands of years show there has almost always been global warming or cooling going on.

2. Human industrial activity does produce greenhouse gases - however, it is not known HOW MUCH these contribute to global warming.

3. Global warming has taken place MANY times in the past without human activity.

4. The claims about humans being a significant cause of global warming (by significant, I mean enough of a cause such that if the human activities ceased it would have even a significant slowing on global warming) are based on NO PROOF, but only:

1. "Agreement" by scientists (proof-free argumentum atoritatem)

2. Highly questionable simulations that can't possibly account for all the possible factors and their complex and many-order interactions.

3. Correlations between such as the atmospheric CO2 and temperature increase. ("Correlation does not imply causation.")

Bottom line? There is no proof that there is a significant contribution to global warming by human activities.

The above is by far...the best contribution you have ever placed on these pages....I commend you, and request you continue along this path....it would benefit us all......well done

tecoyah said:
The above is by far...the best contribution you have ever placed on these pages....I commend you, and request you continue along this path....it would benefit us all......well done
I like to think I had a hand in that one :mrgreen:

Gill said:
The above is very typical of global warming alarmists. If you will notice, they carefully word it so that no matter what the weather does, it it caused by global warming.

Droughts? - global warming
Floods? - global warming
Heat wave? - global warming
Extreme cold? - global warming.

This one has a new one though. Can someone please explain how global warming can possibly cause a tsunami???
Glad you are seeing the light of the many effects of global warming in all the former 5. Now about Tsunami's, it's actually not that difficult. Excess moisture in the atmosphere results in excess rainful (emphasis on excess). Excess rainfall on dry land results then on excess pressure buildup on those plates, thus greater frequencies of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. These have already been linked by a researcher at University of Washington Seattle. More earthquakes and volcanic eruptions thus would ofcourse also result in more tsunamis.

Glad you are seeing the light of the many effects of global warming in all the former 5. Now about Tsunami's, it's actually not that difficult. Excess moisture in the atmosphere results in excess rainful (emphasis on excess). Excess rainfall on dry land results then on excess pressure buildup on those plates, thus greater frequencies of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

:lol: :2razz: ;) :mrgreen:

BLAAAAAH HAAAAAAAAA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA HAR HAR HEE HEE GIGGLE CHUCKLE YUK HAA HA

jfuh said:
Glad you are seeing the light of the many effects of global warming in all the former 5. Now about Tsunami's, it's actually not that difficult. Excess moisture in the atmosphere results in excess rainful (emphasis on excess). Excess rainfall on dry land results then on excess pressure buildup on those plates, thus greater frequencies of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. These have already been linked by a researcher at University of Washington Seattle. More earthquakes and volcanic eruptions thus would ofcourse also result in more tsunamis.
I agree 1000% with Alphamale's comment!!!

This is the most insane correlation I have seen to date by the GW wackos.

Thank you for proving my point!!!!!

Gill said:
I agree 1000% with Alphamale's comment!!!

This is the most insane correlation I have seen to date by the GW wackos.

Thank you for proving my point!!!!!
I don't see any humor in this. You can laugh all you want but there is a very likly link between these two instances.
No need to take my word alone on this. Source
As well as modeling studies. Source
Not to mention the fact, so what if I am the global warming nut that you are trying to make me seem, does that in anyway negate or disprove any of the facts I've stated?

jfuh said:
I don't see any humor in this. You can laugh all you want but there is a very likly link between these two instances.
No need to take my word alone on this. Source
As well as modeling studies. Source
Not to mention the fact, so what if I am the global warming nut that you are trying to make me seem, does that in anyway negate or disprove any of the facts I've stated?
Sorry, but you asked for it. By the way, I think you need a new tin foil hat.. your's is getting a bit tarnished.

You're Mr. Cowen that wrote your first source has some interesting ideas:

Sudden Ice Age or World Drought Possible, Study Says
Robert C. Cowen
The Christian Science Monitor

January 2, 2002
If you're concerned about forecasts of long-term global warming, you might be worried about the wrong thing.
He can't seem to make up his mind.

Gill said:
Sorry, but you asked for it. By the way, I think you need a new tin foil hat.. your's is getting a bit tarnished.

You're Mr. Cowen that wrote your first source has some interesting ideas:

He can't seem to make up his mind.
I see you can not rely on any other response except for tin foil ad homenin attacks on me. Good for you on your pathetic attempt at :spin:

What matters if he makes up his mind or not? Does it change the facts? Nope. Why do you continue to deny global warming? What good does it serve anyone to stick thier head in the ground as you do and pray it all goes away?

jfuh said:
What matters if he makes up his mind or not? Does it change the facts?
I think it changes the facts considerably when your own expert doesn't know if the world is warming or going into another ice age.

Gill said:
I think it changes the facts considerably when your own expert doesn't know if the world is warming or going into another ice age.
Wow, no surprise here, just more :spin:

jfuh said:
Wow, no surprise here, just more :spin:
Which is it??? global warming or ice age??

your expert doesn't know, how about you?

Gill said:
Which is it??? global warming or ice age??

your expert doesn't know, how about you?
More senseless ad hominen? Lame

jfuh said:
More senseless ad hominen? Lame
I guess that's the best you can come with huh?? Must be sad to have your own expert thrown back into your face.

Back
Top Bottom