• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it just me?

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
When I click on the "Songs with a person's name in them" thread in A&E, my computer freezes and then kicks me out of DP. No problems before in threads with huge files.

When I click on the "Songs with a person's name in them" thread in A&E, my computer freezes and then kicks me out of DP. No problems before in threads with huge files.

I didn't have such a problem yesterday when I posted on that thread but I haven't tried today - after your comments above, I won't be trying just in case there's some kind of virus posted in it.

It didn't kick me out but it is sluggish which I think probably has to do with internet speed and having posts loaded up with youtubes. When I first went, it was just black boxes, then it started get sluggish when the Play arrow appeared in the black boxes, and then it got real sluggish as the content loaded in the black boxes like tube names and the graphics. If you tried to overwhelm your browser by forcing your way through the sluggishness giving lots of commands faster than it could handle them with the tubes loading, it may have frozen up your browser. That would be my guess as to what went on.

Have you tired making your view list shorter? There are a lot of Youtube videos in there and each has to preload.
User CP > General Settings > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 {default is 10}

Loads like light'nin for me.

If you're using IE, download Google Chrome. Lots of problems on this site are caused by IE.

Have you tired making your view list shorter? There are a lot of Youtube videos in there and each has to preload.
User CP > General Settings > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 {default is 10}

I guess I need to find the view list, LOL.

Thanks for everybody's comments.

I had the same problem. not sure why????

I had the same problem. not sure why????

Like Vague said, if you are set up to normally view 30 posts per page then that's a whole lot of data that needs to load so if you switch you viewing 10 posts per page things will load a lot faster.

Like Vague said, if you are set up to normally view 30 posts per page then that's a whole lot of data that needs to load so if you switch you viewing 10 posts per page things will load a lot faster.

What doesn't make sense to me, is that I don't have the same issue with other song threads. Maybe my computer was just having a slow day? lol

What doesn't make sense to me, is that I don't have the same issue with other song threads. Maybe my computer was just having a slow day? lol

That particular thread has more 3 video posts than most. In other similar threads you'll see 15 videos in 10 posts. In this thread you're probably getting closer to 25.

It 'could' be how they linked the youtube. For instance if they included the 'embed' tag it will load more than just the video.

Back
Top Bottom