• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is It Just Me Or Does Anyone Else Think Hillary Clinton Would Bring Our Ruin?

Would Hillary Be Our Ruin?

• Total voters
The fact that Hilary is an attorney by education (and former trade) is her biggest strike against her and why I would never vote for her. I don't trust any attorney further than I can throw them, and would never vote for one for President. Attorneys are this country's most decrepit, lying, filthy scum, IMO, and they have no business holding political offices. I wouldn't vote for Hilary if she were running for my local school board.

I don't know why you all are discussing Hillary. We still have almost 3 more years of Obama. I think that is where your concerns should lie. He has made it perfectly clear he has no intentions of reigning in spending. He refuses to operate within a budget. The debt is so damn scary now, that our children's children have a future of enslavement to pay it off. It's obvious the abuse of government powers that are occurring under his so called leadership. If I were you I'd be more concerned with what might take place this midterm election and if the left gains the House Obama will have free sailing in implementing all that "Change" and after that a Hillary Clinton as madam president isn't going to matter.

Well, after seeing an article yet again about HRC's potential campaign bid, I got rather fed up. Personally, I think a HRC POTUS would be a final nail in the coffin for the America many of us who were born still with a black and white TV in the house once knew. This isn't some whimsical nostalgia for a time past which never was, I remember America back then and I see what it is now. Quite frankly it sickens me.

Well, after seeing an article yet again about HRC's potential campaign bid, I got rather fed up. Personally, I think a HRC POTUS would be a final nail in the coffin for the America many of us who were born still with a black and white TV in the house once knew. This isn't some whimsical nostalgia for a time past which never was, I remember America back then and I see what it is now. Quite frankly it sickens me.
Yep, I can remember when personal responsibility was expected of all citizens. Today we have a group of folks that don't even know what that means. They really do think there is such a place as Rock Candy Mountain. And so many want to claim victim-hood instead of taking personal responsibility. I remember when inalienable rights didn't mean free birth control and 90 some weeks of unemployment. I can remember when someone collected disability it meant that there was nothing they could do to support themselves. Today a hang nail almost qualifies. I remember when people were embarrassed to be on the government dole because they knew it was other people paying for it. Yeah, it sickens me too.

So you thought we shouldn't go after the terrorists? Wow...... I find that hard to believe.

In many ways, both wars made the terrorist problem worse. Iraq wasn't even related to 9/11, yet it served as a melting pot for terrorists to train together, exchange ideas, get Iranian support and build terrorist networks. Iraq was a giant mistake. The Iraqi prisoner scandal was a huge boom to terrorist recruitment and fundraising.

As for Afghanistan, it's more of the issue of how we dealt with the people we captured. GITMO has turned formerly innocent people into terrorists.

"Bring it on" was probably the dumnest thing a POTUS has ever said, especially considering the enemy, the radical Muslim terrorist who insists on killing others by blowing himself up.
In many ways, both wars made the terrorist problem worse. Iraq wasn't even related to 9/11, yet it served as a melting pot for terrorists to train together, exchange ideas, get Iranian support and build terrorist networks. Iraq was a giant mistake. The Iraqi prisoner scandal was a huge boom to terrorist recruitment and fundraising.

As for Afghanistan, it's more of the issue of how we dealt with the people we captured. GITMO has turned formerly innocent people into terrorists.

"Bring it on" was probably the dumbest thing a POTUS has ever said, especially considering the enemy, the radical Muslim terrorist who insists on killing others by blowing himself up.

Bush was never one for subtly. What is interesting is that his most subtle program next to domestic spying, drones, has had the most success.

Drones really cut across party lines, forming new coalitions. The new and improved NRA talk/coalition has moved the middle to the right and sucked up many Dems in Red states. Rogers appears to be one of the few normal Repups in the House, wanting Farming and transp bills.
Bush was never one for subtly. What is interesting is that his most subtle program next to domestic spying, drones, has had the most success.

It's not transitive. The best presidents were governors, but not all governors were great presidents. Trust me, I didn't have GWB in mind.

Reagan was a governor. Nixon was a governor. Clinton was a governor. All great presidents. Carter and Dubya are exceptions to the rule.

The Clintons were more like a team. So in a way Hilary has co-served as a five term Governor and two term President. She also has been a two term Senator and one term Secretary of State. She has the experience of running for President on her own, as well as 8 other elections. As far as experience, has there ever been someone with more? I am not a fan of hers although I am open minded to seeing if Bill will be part of policy making and if they will go smart, practical, centrist or are they going to pander to the Left's special interests.

The Clintons were more like a team. So in a way Hilary has co-served as a five term Governor and two term President. She also has been a two term Senator and one term Secretary of State. She has the experience of running for President on her own, as well as 8 other elections. As far as experience, has there ever been someone with more? I am not a fan of hers although I am open minded to seeing if Bill will be part of policy making and if they will go smart, practical, centrist or are they going to pander to the Left's special interests.

A team? Riiiight.

If she was capable of "learning through osmosis" ala Willie, she would've shown it during her Congressional and SoS time. She clearly didn't. She was an atrocious Senator and a lackluster Secretary of State. She's trading off her name. If her name was Hillary Smith, she couldn't become mayor of Walla Walla, Washington.

I wonder if elected how long it will be before Bill gets caught screwing a maid or assistant

It would be unfair to dump all the guilt on grandma Clinton. Many people are responsible. :peace

Make a reference to her age, very classy.

I think much if not most of the good and bad that happens on a president's watch is more a factor of he happened to be there when it happened as opposed to causing it to happen. I don't think George HW Bush is fully responsible for the emancipation of the communist eastern block. I don't think Bill Clinton is fully responsible for the economic prosperity and technology boom of the 1990s. I don't think George W Bush is fully responsible for 9/11 or Hurricane Katrina. I don't think Barrack Obama is fully responsible for the high unemployment rate, lower wages and fewer benefits for those who can get jobs.

I think people just overestimate the power of the office and give POTUS way too much credit and criticism.

I believe Pres. Obama will replace Pres. Carter as our worst POTUS when his term is finished but I don't believe all of our woes are due to him.

I think people just overestimate the power of the office and give POTUS way too much credit and criticism.

I believe Pres. Obama will replace Pres. Carter as our worst POTUS when his term is finished but I don't believe all of our woes are due to him.

I do think people vest waaaay too much significance in the Presidency. Don't get me wrong, the President is a big deal but his hands are tied in a lot of ways. He has to have 2 houses of congress to agree with him on anything he wants to do. He has very little control over the economy; OPEC has more control of the US economy than the President.

I'm not sure I'll agree if he'll replace Carter as the worst POTUS in the minds of those other than diehard conservatives. Blacks will probably think he's the greatest and his only failures were due to unprecedented opposition from the right. Women will think he saved the female gender from Taliban style policies. Hispanics will say he came to their aid when many in America hated them. Gays will say he gave them equal rights. And a lot of people will say he did more than anyone in fighting the war on terror and going after those who want to kill us. Strong conservatives on the other hand, he highhandedly destroyed the greatest country on earth.

Why because I asked for your opinion and repeatedly get the answer to google it? Dumbest notion ever.

No, because you have a long posting history of refusing to answer any questions and here you are demanding people tell you the answer. It's ironic in how your behavior switches and how you got irate at behavior you were doing yourself.

No, because you have a long posting history of refusing to answer any questions and here you are demanding people tell you the answer. It's ironic in how your behavior switches and how you got irate at behavior you were doing yourself.

I have never, intentionally, not answered a question, or even avoided a question. If you would like to PM one to me that I missed I will be more than happy to answer.

I have never, intentionally, not answered a question, or even avoided a question. If you would like to PM one to me that I missed I will be more than happy to answer.

The entire evolution thread. You ran from almost EVERY rebuttal, every question and every argument.

Back
Top Bottom