• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it just me or are Democrats and Republicans really very far apart.

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I've watched closely the decline of our politics in America. I'm of the opinion that democrats and republicans are farther apart than ever in our history. I believe we are going to see continued attempts by the two parties to change the system not by the vote of the people but by using the Congress and the courts.

Patriotic Americans and Trumpers are far apart yes.

I've watched closely the decline of our politics in America. I'm of the opinion that democrats and republicans are farther apart than ever in our history. I believe we are going to see continued attempts by the two parties to change the system not by the vote of the people but by using the Congress and the courts.
Trumpists have rejected America as a whole and that is why they seem so apart from the rest of us. There really is no room for compromise in that position. Most will come to their senses after Trump is gone. He is the real problem. His people are just followers.

Actually and not surprisingly it is the minority side that will not accept the will of the people. Democrats are comfortable that the majority are on the side of America.

Culturally we are very far apart, but I think it's also constantly being inflamed which makes it even worse.

I don't think they're really that far apart. Both parties owe their hearts and souls to corporations, wall street firms, lobbyist, special interests, mega money donors which is there they get their tens of millions of dollars to run their organizations and campaigns. It's that in this modern political era of polarization, divisiveness, mega, ultra, high partisanship, It used to be both major parties recognized that each party's goal was a secure, free and prosperous America. Only the paths were a bit different.

Today, they have come to view the other party as out to destroy America. Both are putting party way above country, it's for the good of the party, loyalty to party and not the nation anymore. There's plenty of common ground if either party wanted to go there, plenty of room for compromise. But today, in this modern era of politics, it's more important to stop whatever the other party wants than to accomplish anything. Both major parties forget that we're all Americans. They have come to view that only member of their party are true Americans, everyone else is anti America. The sad fact is, unless this modern era of politics comes to an end, we're destroying ourselves from the inside and by our two major political parties.

I'm kind of leaning to the 1861-65 years as being more divided than today. Quite frankly, we could also argue about 1968.

This is what you demanded.

Right wing propaganda from Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and the boys and girls at Faux News created the deplorables. Seems those white working class faux news watchers are the ones so out of step with the rest of America.

Back
Top Bottom