• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is It Just Coincidence That Trump's Foreign Policy Looks A Lot Like Putin's

Marvan Buren

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Its Official: Hillary Clinton Is Running Against Vladimir Putin - The Atlantic

Perhaps I missed it but I haven't seen an in-depth discussion of the Trump / Russia connection. As the Atlantic article and others have pointed out, Trump's policies seem to consistently take Russia's side. He removed the plank from the Republican Party platform about defending Ukraine. His comments on NATO are music to Putin's ears. And, of course there is the ongoing mutual admiration society between Trump and Putin.

Beyond that, there is the fact that Trump industries has been looking for a long time to build in Russia (i.e. to change the Russian skyline) and that Trump has cozy connections with the Russian oligarchy.

I hate conspiracy theories but there are so many questions about Trump that could be answered by him having a deal with Putin to undermine both America's standing in the world and our support for NATO in exchange for exclusive incredibly lucrative business opportunities in Russia. Perhaps Trump even owes money to some of the Russian billionaires who, unlike American banks, really don't care about corporate shields.

Perhaps I missed it but I haven't seen an in-depth discussion of the Trump / Russia connection. As the Atlantic article and others have pointed out, Trump's policies seem to consistently take Russia's side. He removed the plank from the Republican Party platform about defending Ukraine. His comments on NATO are music to Putin's ears. And, of course there is the ongoing mutual admiration society between Trump and Putin.

Beyond that, there is the fact that Trump industries has been looking for a long time to build in Russia (i.e. to change the Russian skyline) and that Trump has cozy connections with the Russian oligarchy.

I hate conspiracy theories but there are so many questions about Trump that could be answered by him having a deal with Putin to undermine both America's standing in the world and our support for NATO in exchange for exclusive incredibly lucrative business opportunities in Russia. Perhaps Trump even owes money to some of the Russian billionaires who, unlike American banks, really don't care about corporate shields.

Hmmm, let me think. :think:

No. :twocents:

Now everyone can add Commie to list of names Trump is called.

Dang, the globalist elite are freaking out over Trump!

Outstanding! Please post more examples.

It's really important for the people to see all the wizards behind the curtain who have been playing them for fools.

It's not a coincidence. Paul Manafort (I never liked the guy) is a long-time Russian Aide and Trump has the same image problems as the the Russian politicos did. He's done a superb job over there, and I would think Trump would get along much better with Putin than with say, Obama... It's no wonder to me why Trump and Russian News/RTV uses the same propaganda techniques.

Dang, the globalist elite are freaking out over Trump!

Outstanding! Please post more examples.

It's really important for the people to see all the wizards behind the curtain who have been playing them for fools.

Huh... a Trump supporter talking about others being fooled.

That's... interesting.

Hmmm, let me think. :think:

No. :twocents:

So why then is he running for President? Why is he spending millions of dollars and losing out on millions more that he could have earned if he had been running his company rather than campaigning? Why is he subjecting himself to endless abuse by the media and other politicians?

Do you believe he's running because he loves his country? Hard to swallow that one when he didn't do a single thing in his first 69 years to show he had any sense at all of "noblesse oblige."

Do you believe he's running because he's an egomaniac who loves the adulation? He had to know going in that for every adoring rally he attended, he would be the butt of every comedian's sharp stick. He can't watch television with seeing himself savaged.

At least this Russian connection provides a clue as to what's in it for Trump.

Back
Top Bottom