• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it hate speech?

Jokes about killing men are

• Hate Speech

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Humor

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • A Progressive voice for Equality

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
I wonder if feminists would get pissed of at the hashtag #killallwomen.

Joking about killing men is quite acceptable in some liberal/feminist circles. Several messages an hour with #killallmen hashtag appear on Twitter. An account with 11,000 posters recently had the following:

Recently a popular Canadian Feminist site called Feminist Current featured an article We need a mandemic:

The book "Are Men Necessary" was a bestseller in 2005.

Some great minds of our time think that men who complain about such jokes are paranoid.

I do not know whether or not it is hate speech, it is ignorant, not funny, not reasonable and not progressive or logical. I do think it is hateful and intolerant but I do not know whether or not it is meant or a joke.

So sadly my option to vote for is not there: intolerant bull crap.

While I believe in hate speech, I don't think it should be illegal.

There can be a fine line between hate speech and humor. Only the most talented comedians can walk that line successfully.

I'm waiting for the "Male Lives Matter" movement to start rioting in the streets demanding an end to this oppression....

Bad taste? Maybe.

Hate Speech? Might be, if you are the type of person who supports the arbitrary limiting of others freedom of speech.

As such, I wouldn't support it as being hate speech, as inevitably the next step is for the government to ban it. I'd rather have it said and right fully ignored or even better, ridiculed.

I couldn't vote in the poll. The option " Stupid speech" was not there.

Seriously though, this is the kind of bullcrap that gives modern feminism a bad name.

I agree with you in that it should never be OK for any group to talk about killing anyone.

However, I do find it humorous to read something directed at Liberals for this as opposed to all of the actual hate groups out there spewing their rhetoric.

The way I see it, when I read one of these trailer trash KKK types talking about killing Obama, I take them seriously. They very clearly mean it. The only thing in question is whether or not they would ever act on their wants. But there is no question about what they want to see happen.

When I read something about some group of homosexuals talking about killing straight men, I walk away from it thinking that they neither mean it or intend to implement it.

The real difference is that one group exists for the purpose of supporting ideology associated with the threats, whereas the other group exists for reasons that have nothing to do with any such ideology.
And this is a pretty important difference.

I agree with you in that it should never be OK for any group to talk about killing anyone.

However, I do find it humorous to read something directed at Liberals for this as opposed to all of the actual hate groups out there spewing their rhetoric.

The way I see it, when I read one of these trailer trash KKK types talking about killing Obama, I take them seriously. They very clearly mean it. The only thing in question is whether or not they would ever act on their wants. But there is no question about what they want to see happen.

When I read something about some group of homosexuals talking about killing straight men, I walk away from it thinking that they neither mean it or intend to implement it.

The real difference is that one group exists for the purpose of supporting ideology associated with the threats, whereas the other group exists for reasons that have nothing to do with any such ideology.
And this is a pretty important difference.
Yeah, those liberals are all just a bunch of merry jokesters.

:joke: :2dancing: :2funny: :2party:

I just realized that several of the comments on the OP link fit right in with the crazy ass quotes on my link.

Melissa Cutler said:
I don't really understand how man hating can be seen as unreasonable and offensive, given all the man-made problems in the world throughout history. Not to mention that men have been hating women for centuries. And yet I see that tossed out all over the place as the ultimate insult: "You're just a bunch of man-haters!"
And all I can think is, Well, yeah. Kinda surprised there aren't more man-haters, given everything. Like, how is that so awful a concept?

Not only is that comment seriously flawed historically speaking, but it seemingly ignores the large role men played in getting women equal rights throughout the feminist era. That's of course not even mentioning that it's sexist as hell.

Tired feminist said:
No, it's because men will never care about women. A sexually transmitted, man-killing virus would mobilize all men in the world to find a solution asap only because it would threaten their sense of entitlement to women's bodies. Even their lives could easily be spared if they just left us alone...

Seriously, men put female interests before their own all the time. The whole women are first thing come to mind? Yeah, you know, that thing that would lead to men dying just so women could live? No, of course not.

Meghan Murphy said:
So men are just choosing to continue to rape women and girls for fun? Yet you think we SHOULDN'T kill 'em off with some kind of virus?

No comment. Facepalm.

This is a case where the subject of the "satire" is what differentiates between hate speech and progressive enlightenment. If you substitute all references of man/men/males with any ethnicity or socially preferred group (i.e LGBT, women, minorities, muslims, etc) then it would be hate speech. Because this is about men, though, it is enlightened progressive speech that is unassailable.

I think you are the only one calling it enlightened, progressive or unassailable. Well done.

No , no I do not find it to be hate speech . If the same people who make such jokes , but get offended if the same kind of humor is applied to them it is hypocriticalike.

Bad taste? Maybe.

Hate Speech? Might be, if you are the type of person who supports the arbitrary limiting of others freedom of speech.

As such, I wouldn't support it as being hate speech, as inevitably the next step is for the government to ban it. I'd rather have it said and right fully ignored or even better, ridiculed.

I agree 100%. While Free Speech is under attack from the Liberals it would be very wrong for Conservatives to join the attack on the Free Speech.

The best solution is to stand for the right to insult anyone.

I agree 100%. While Free Speech is under attack from the Liberals it would be very wrong for Conservatives to join the attack on the Free Speech.

Wow, I did not know I was attacking free speech. Thank you for telling me what I am doing, I would never have known...:roll:

Wow, I did not know I was attacking free speech. Thank you for telling me what I am doing, I would never have known...:roll:

#NotAllLiberals attack Free Speech by

-- pressuring employers to fire individuals guilty of offending wrong groups
-- pressuring Social Media to ban speech offensive to wrong groups
-- advocating policies criminalizing wrong offensive speech in Canada, UK, Europe

A few Conservatives want to make all offensive speech unacceptable -- which is very wrong.

Joking about killing men is quite acceptable in some liberal/feminist circles. Several messages an hour with #killallmen hashtag appear on Twitter. An account with 11,000 posters recently had the following:

Recently a popular Canadian Feminist site called Feminist Current featured an article We need a mandemic:

Some great minds of our time think that men who complain about such jokes are paranoid.

Only in the UK.

Agreed.

Political correctness is killing comedy, says John Cleese: Monty Python star believes fear of offending certain groups could lead to 1984-style society where free expression is not allowed
. . . .
Cleese goes on to say that people do not have the right to be 'protected from any kind of uncomfortable emotion' as he defends the right of expression for comedians worldwide.

He then quotes psychologist Robin Skynner, saying: 'If people cant control their own emotions then they need to start controlling other people’s behaviour,' as he continues the profound tirade.'

Cleese adds: 'When you're around people who are saper-sensitive, you cant relax, be spontaneous as you have no idea what is going to upset them next.
Monty Python star John Cleese believes political correctness is killing comedy | Daily Mail Online

Yeah, never mind about the stupid cat already.

Calling for the death of anyone based on some physical feature of theirs is hate speech yes. But it should be allowed anyways. If anyone acts on it then they could be held responsible for inciting. If they act on it... well obviously they should be charged with attempted murder if they don't succeed, murder if they do.

Just about what you can find on a variety of Hate Sites around ye olde intarwebz. There are hate sites targeting just about every religious, sexual preference, race, gender, ethnicity, etc., on the planet. Is it hateful, vile, bigoted spew? Sure.

So freakin' what? I'm sure each of us could google a dozen sites saying the same thing about women... and just about everybody else.

Your righteous indignation at these anonymous rantings have been duly noted. Feel better? :shrug:

You just called them jokes.

Do you know the difference between jokes and assertions ?

So freakin' what? I'm sure each of us could google a dozen sites saying the same thing about women... and just about everybody else.

Definitely. But there is a difference. RooshV who wrote a satire about legalizing rape was hounded off Western World -- he is in Russia now. About 220,000 people signed a petition for banning his books and site. Action Bronson who wrote a song Brunch about revenge on a cheating lady got into so much trouble he apologized.

Liberals who advocate androcide hold respectable positions in Mainstream Media.

Calling for the death of anyone based on some physical feature of theirs is hate speech yes. But it should be allowed anyways.

I understand. It would be wrong to fight Politically Correct double standards by trying to expand the list of proscribed art, literature and speech.

Within the context presented in the OP it is 100% Hate Speech.

Liberal dyke femin-Nazis are some of the most hateful people I have even encountered... there are tons of them up in NorCal.

Back
Top Bottom