• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it fear?

Groogrux

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What makes this

image.jpg

And this

image.jpg

Turn into this

image.jpg

And this

image.jpg

Is it fear? What would make them change from a moderate society to clinging to an extreme form of religion? My only guess is a fear of being taking over by the west? Thoughts?

Last edited:
First two photos courtesy of calamity. Stole them from another thread.

Typical insecurities of Muslim men.

Allah forbid........................ there might be a nice looking virile male staring at their women.

Fear for the women, hate for the men.

Not fear. Ignorance. People stupid enough to believe in ridiculous religions that perpetuate ridiculous bigotry result in ridiculous beliefs.

Religious extremism and concerted efforts by Russia and the West to leverage business deals. Business is driving business down the drain along with everything else it grabs on its way down. The fear is one symptom. It's not the cause of economic and social upheaval in an entire region. Yes, there is a history of political unrest in that area that dates back centuries. Based on my limited knowledge of Middle Eastern and Asian history, that is not the cause of religious extremism, terrorism, nor the Arab Spring.

Throughout history, any revolution is a result of many events that completely change the nature of the society and its political life. The French revolution (1789-99), for example, was due to many factors such as economic difficulties, political rights and rising food prices (Sydenham1997).

William Shaub, in his article, The Roots of the Revolution in Egypt, has highlighted on the average per –capita and it's possible affect on the revolution. He wrote, “Egypt has had a massive income gap throughout Mubarak’s control, which is clearly the root cause of the original uprising. One half of Egyptians live on $2/day or less. The average per-capita income in the country is just $6,200." The two Russians researchers, A. Korotayev and J. Zinkina, in their analysis on the Egyptian revolution, affirmed that Egypt was one of the most fast growth of the world food prices, and that definitely had influences on destabilization of Egyptian sociopolitical system (Korotayev et al: 011).

If I lived in that area, I would have a hard time trusting my neighbor's, too. It's like the saying: "beware of Greeks bearing gifts." I know, different region, but the adage holds true for Israelis and other Arabs.

Is it fear? What would make them change from a moderate society to clinging to an extreme form of religion? My only guess is a fear of being taking over by the west? Thoughts?

That was us. We installed a crappy shah. The people didn't like our puppet dictator and that gave just enough room for an extremist evil ***hole to take over. The same process was repeated in virtually every african, middle eastern, and SW asian country that western powers ever sought to control. (And of course, Russian jumped into Afghanistan too)

We filled our cup of woe, and yea, it spills over. And then some.

That was us. We installed a crappy shah. The people didn't like our puppet dictator and that gave just enough room for an extremist evil ***hole to take over. The same process was repeated in virtually every african, middle eastern, and SW asian country that western powers ever sought to control. (And of course, Russian jumped into Afghanistan too)

you are just posting foolishness. the rural types in iran are conservative and the city folk are modern. Iran is divided, it is that simple.

Yeah South Korea and Japan have become such horrible countries since we occupied them

Yes, primary amongst some other factors, it's fear.

Social conservatives and religious fundamentalists simply fear women and esp. fear women gaining equal rights and equal footing in society. It upends their entire paradigm.

Yes, primary amongst some other factors, it's fear.

Social conservatives and religious fundamentalists simply fear women and esp. fear women gaining equal rights and equal footing in society. It upends their entire paradigm.
No, fear has almost zero to do with it. 99% of it is just eons of rigid religious dogma and tradition.

Yeah South Korea and Japan have become such horrible countries since we occupied them

Germany has become a leftist crap hole, but only since we left.

No, fear has almost zero to do with it. 99% of it is just eons of rigid religious dogma and tradition.

Eons of dogma and tradition based on fear.

Such people simply fear women and it's evident in their rhetoric.

Women are temptresses of men, leading them into sin and destruction, they are something so dangerous as to necessitate controling them and repressing their sexuality and aspirations.

Simple reality.

Germany has become a leftist crap hole, but only since we left.

Nah. It's a fantastic place. Spend a lot of time there at University and in business. Even ending up marrying one.

Nothing crappy about it whatsoever, and in some ways it far exceeds us.

Eons of dogma and tradition based on fear.

Such people simply fear women and it's evident in their rhetoric.

Women are temptresses of men, leading them into sin and destruction, they are something so dangerous as to necessitate controling them and repressing their sexuality and aspirations.

Simple reality.

No. There is zero fear of women in the Muslim world. Women are to be covered because Muhammed commands it.

Religious fundamentalism thrives mostly on poor education and poverty. Extremism grows when people believe there is little hope for improvement by other means.

No. There is zero fear of women in the Muslim world. Women are to be covered because Muhammed commands it.

Newp. It's fear. And there are countless Muslim who don't think women should necessarily be covered and Muslim women who do not do so.

Fear, as I already explained. Pure and simple.

Newp. It's fear. And there are countless Muslim who don't think women should necessarily be covered and Muslim women who do not do so.

Fear, as I already explained. Pure and simple.
Except its not, as I explained.

Which is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom