• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it about time that all democratic European countries create a joint European military to counter Russian/Belarussian aggression ?

?

• Total voters
To be honest....the leftwing claim that our outcomes are worse is misleading
I'm still laughing at your claim that they are able to keep costs "somewhat" down, when it's like more than 2x the cost.
Good insurance in the U.S. for a family is probably around $20K if you have a good job. If you don't, you're forced into the HMO side which reduces your health care options and you pay it all out of pocket...but you pay about the same (!). Or you're one of 8.5% who has no insurance at all.

Employees ultimately bear most of that burden, it gets factored in to wages/benefits, not to mention its workers who make the products or deliver the service that their employers use to pay for much of it.
For older people, the next generation apparently pays for it.

Blaming our spiraling healthcare costs in the U.S. on a handful of "ambulance chasing attorney's" is one of the dumbest things I've read this week. Malpractice is a fraction of our costs, try again. Or don't. Please don't, it's boring and seems off-topic at this point.

I'm still laughing at your claim that they are able to keep costs "somewhat" down, when it's like more than 2x the cost.
Good insurance in the U.S. for a family is probably around $20K if you have a good job. If you don't, you're forced into the HMO side which reduces your health care options and you pay it all out of pocket...but you pay about the same (!). Or you're one of 8.5% who has no insurance at all.
I really don't care how much you laugh or for how long. Everyone knows the American private healthcare system needs reform. However more government is not the answer. Any fix will have to be about market based reform.
Employees ultimately bear most of that burden, it gets factored in to wages/benefits, not to mention its workers who make the products or deliver the service that their employers use to pay for much of it.
For older people, the next generation apparently pays for it.
That will get much worse if we go to a single payer healthcare system. In the US, that would be "Medicare for All". Medicare for all. It would be limited just as Medicare for Seniors is now and turning it into Medicare for all would blow it up finacially and before long, we would still end up paying more, only for less, and rationed healthcare.
Blaming our spiraling healthcare costs in the U.S. on a handful of "ambulance chasing attorney's" is one of the dumbest things I've read this week. Malpractice is a fraction of our costs, try again. Or don't. Please don't, it's boring and seems off-topic at this point.
I am not blaming it all on ambulance chasing attorneys. That's part of it as most surgeons in private practice must carry at least a million dollar insurance policy to cover frivolous medical malpractice suits. I listed other factors you apparently chose to ignore,

Back
Top Bottom